• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I’m not sure that is what we need. Buying players just for morale purposes sounds like giving Poch something he doesn’t necessarily want, and we end up with a squad bloated with players who won’t improve the first eleven.
Buy wisely.

Obviously buying a player for no other reason than morale makes no sense

But even a squad player is important for a squad that everyone seems to think has gone stale in large parts.

I'd really want us to go all out to get Erling Braut Haaland now. I've been unsure of him before, even though he's been hyped up for quite some time, but the guy has taken massive leaps, and is the real deal. What really is the exceptional about him, is his mentality and desire. He REALLY wants to be as good as it gets, and will do everything to get there. 6 goals in 3 CL games. 3 vs Genk, 1 vs Liverpool and 2 vs Napoli.
11 goals and 4 assists in 9 games in the league. He's big and strong, good pace, good with both feet, dominant in the air, and a great finisher. He's a bit like Kane, only with more pace.
It's now or never to get him, before he gets too expensive.

I'd really want us to go all out to get Erling Braut Haaland now. I've been unsure of him before, even though he's been hyped up for quite some time, but the guy has taken massive leaps, and is the real deal. What really is the exceptional about him, is his meteorology and desire. He REALLY wants to be as good as it gets, and will do everything to get there. 6 goals in 3 CL games. 3 vs Genk, 1 vs Liverpool and 2 vs Napoli.
11 goals and 4 assists in 9 games in the league. He's big and strong, good pace, good with both feet, dominant in the air, and a great finisher. He's a bit like Kane, only with more pace.
It's now or never to get him, before he gets too expensive.

I think that ship has sailed already. The bigger clubs are already circling. I could see him replacing Suarez at Barca.

I think that ship has sailed already. The bigger clubs are already circling. I could see him replacing Suarez at Barca.

he is an out and out number 9
Looks a hell of a player
But every top side in Europe is aware of him now and we don’t need another 9 as a priority

Very few BIG transfers happen in January and the past backs that up. I hope some fans are going to see that is a reality and IF we fail to bring in BIG names they do not start slagging the club off once again.

We do need a couple of additions to strengthen our squad but if we really want BIG players its more likely to happen in the summer.

I dont think we need many in in Jan. Even one would be enough. Priority signing would either be a RB or CB, but I'd take a risk going forward for the rest of the season with a slightly smaller squad than ideal. Clearing out some who either arent wanted or dont want to be around is as high a priority if not higher - aim should be to have a settled, motivated squad on Feb 1st. So clear out as many of Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Wanyama, perhaps Aurier as possible.

Are there ANY rumours of us wnating to buy any defensive-minded midfielders, who can actually tackle cleanly and robustly?

I think any of these players will have their agent in their ear advising that we are a graveyard for such players...

Whilst I totally appreciate there has been little to no evidence to suggest it'll be the case this season so far, I still hope that Dier and / or Skipp can come to the fore and we won't have such an evident need for this kind of player.

Disagree - we have plenty of squad players, what we need is the creme de la creme to move us onwards
Yep and it's not improving the first team for 3-4 years that has got us where we are.

The good thing is it's not too late to address the problem and importantly the key men know what needs doing

Yep and it's not improving the first team for 3-4 years that has got us where we are.

The good thing is it's not too late to address the problem and importantly the key men know what needs doing

But do the key people know what they're doing as they're the same people that contributed to this mess. We'll never know the exact details but surely Levy and Poch must have some level of culpability for the 2018 summer.

But do the key people know what they're doing as they're the same people that contributed to this mess. We'll never know the exact details but surely Levy and Poch must have some level of culpability for the 2018 summer.

I don't think the summer of 2018 going how it did means they don't know what they're doing, no.
If it's true we were in for the likes of De Jong that year and just decided that if we can't get our first choice then we hold out until we can then i can get on board with that policy - even if in the short term there is some pain... needs must whilst we got the stadium over the line and so now lets judge them from where we go from here.

Next two windows will be key obviously, out with those who haven't committed and hopefully see players of the same level as Lo.Celso Ndombele and Sessegnon come in to replace.

I think any of these players will have their agent in their ear advising that we are a graveyard for such players...

Whilst I totally appreciate there has been little to no evidence to suggest it'll be the case this season so far, I still hope that Dier and / or Skipp can come to the fore and we won't have such an evident need for this kind of player.

Phillips at Leeds and Cook at Bournemouth are players that though maybe not the out and out defensive player they are very energetic and cover the midfield well.

Back