• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Just to compare for the benefit of @StephenH

basic data (couldnt get much on Sabitzer)

but goals
Sissoko 0 Sabitzer 3
Assists
Sissoko 0 Sabitzer 1
Tackles
Sissoko 21 Sabitzer 91

I can guarantee the data points aren’t the same and sissoko has played more games but just comparing the two players there is a HUGE difference

044AAD7C-A440-4083-9AB2-06806CBDBDE8.png 26125E79-594F-4835-90B3-5278328AB441.png

He not been so very good this season when I've watched him.
Sissoko again, he does his job well yes he's no Pirlo.

Sabitzer?
Miles better than sissoko for playing the right side of a 3... I mean absolutely country miles better
The guy runs as much, but can pass and shoot... basics for a footballer
When we played them last season he was the stand out player
Indeed. He ran the show against us in both games I thought. Great on the ball and very good off of it as well.

He is better than all of Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso and Lamela IMO. Could play in the 3 behind the forward or play as one of the two alongside either Hojbjerg or Sissoko.

Indeed. He ran the show against us in both games I thought. Great on the ball and very good off of it as well.

He is better than all of Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso and Lamela IMO. Could play in the 3 behind the forward or play as one of the two alongside either Hojbjerg or Sissoko.
Yep
The guys got sissoko work rate but with technical ability
Ok it may not translate to playing over here but I’d love to see him in a spurs shirt

He not been so very good this season when I've watched him.
Sissoko again, he does his job well yes he's no Pirlo.
Once a player wants out then performances tend to drop off. Football is a game of fine margins and just that 1% where your heart is not quite in it makes a difference. He would be a brilliant signing for us.

No convinced by the player? Jesus, in that case which player does convince you?!?

It all depends on what position. But I'm no expert.
Not over keen on him. watched him 3/4 times he is competent this season but RBL have been erratic. He may be outstanding for whoever.

Last edited:
Yep
The guys got sissoko work rate but with technical ability
Ok it may not translate to playing over here but I’d love to see him in a spurs shirt
I see no reason why it wouldn't translate over here. His performances against us showed that he could cope with the pace and physicality of our game IMO.

I think if we took our squad and replaced Lamela with Sabitzer and Sanchez with (say) Upamecano then we'd probably in good shape to challenge for the title (although we'd also need to make Vinicius permanent or take a free option such as Milik)

I agree
But does happen
The guys got the maturity and experience that others haven’t had when they failed early doors which can only be good
Indeed.... Him for Lamela would probably cost a net amount of about £20 million which would be a huge upgrade in the squad for a lowish net amount.
I then wouldn't even mind selling Dele and Sanchez to fund a move for Upamecano. Would be a shame to lose a player of Dele's skill and I have no doubt he would come back to bite us in games against us in future, but doing this would strengthen our overall team and have us properly challenging for the big trophies.

Indeed.... Him for Lamela would probably cost a net amount of about £20 million which would be a huge upgrade in the squad for a lowish net amount.
I then wouldn't even mind selling Dele and Sanchez to fund a move for Upamecano. Would be a shame to lose a player of Dele's skill and I have no doubt he would come back to bite us in games against us in future, but doing this would strengthen our overall team and have us properly challenging for the big trophies.
That would be a HUGE first 11 upgrade

I know I'm in the minority on here but I would sell Lamela and bring in Lingard to replace him. That then frees up an overseas spot and gives us a player who would be available to fill the water bottles on far more occasions than is the case with Lamela.
Fify. Lindgard is useless! Even when Lamela is out injured, he's of more use than peak lindgard!

I quite liked Lingard at first, but it seems he's regressed a lot. I don't believe we're in for him.

Sissoko isn't a complete horror show, he works well defensively, but offensively he doesn't bring anything to the table, loses the ball more often than not - so Sabitzer would obviously be a massive upgrade.

I quite liked Lingard at first, but it seems he's regressed a lot. I don't believe we're in for him.

Sissoko isn't a complete horror show, he works well defensively, but offensively he doesn't bring anything to the table, loses the ball more often than not - so Sabitzer would obviously be a massive upgrade.

Lingard's single upside is he is home grown .. that's it, he's 28, he's not suddenly going to become better.

Sissoko has two issues, 1st, we would rather he be bench/squad option vs. a regular starter, 2nd he is older and at best has 2 more years with us.

A younger midfielder that is an upgrade makes a ton of sense

Lingard's single upside is he is home grown .. that's it, he's 28, he's not suddenly going to become better.

Sissoko has two issues, 1st, we would rather he be bench/squad option vs. a regular starter, 2nd he is older and at best has 2 more years with us.

A younger midfielder that is an upgrade makes a ton of sense

Completely. On Lingaard, he is crap but it highlights the point that we need more squad players who are home grown. People need to remember that in our best starting 11 we have just ONE home grown player, and I dont see that number increasing much beyond that

It therefore follows that we need to have a lot of HG players in our second 11/squad. Winks, Skipp, Sessegnon, Tanganga (some who might not count yet given their age) are all useful for that purpose...but the likes of Lamela, Moura, Sanchez etc are not, and there's really not much point keeping them given they're also not very good either and probably won't improve much.

I wouldnt advocate signing Lingaard but people like Demarai Gray should be considered as we lack HG players in attacking areas. We also need to find a HG reserve keeper to replace Hart

The Sissoko replacement could be overseas given it will be one non-HG out, one in and they'll be a starter

I've not watched Sabitzer often, but against Spurs he was devastatingly good and I assumed we didn't have a chance of signing him. PRESUMABLY we can watch him soon. Someone feel free to remind us as I will not remember

RB Leipzig are playing Mainz on Saturday 23 Jan at 14:30
RB Leipzig are playing Leverkusen on Sat 30 Jan at 7:30

Levy in the Jan window ... "Sabitzer you say?" .... "Ladies and gents may I present Mark Noble" .... joke before you all get your knickers in a knot

Levy in the Jan window ... "Sabitzer you say?" .... "Ladies and gents may I present Mark Noble" .... joke before you all get your knickers in a knot

He's 1 goal away from being West Hams all time PL goalscorer I'll have you know! No chance we get him for less than 100mill

He's 1 goal away from being West Hams all time PL goalscorer I'll have you know! No chance we get him for less than 100mill

Something to look forward to when we play them again in four weeks. :( That and Martin Tyler talking about the last time for a good portion of the match.

Back