• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

THE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR TRANSFER EVERYONE LOOK AT ME TOTALISER EXTRAVAGANZA

I see profit from Stadium as Tottenham Hotspurs, not Enic's.. this will never change. I know that goes against business in general, but that's how I see it. Enic is just a custodial leech stuck on the side of the stadium.

Analogy time:

You own a manufacturing company. It's a decent, well run company (because you run it well) worth £1 million. But it requires a significant investment in new premises, machinery and technology for it to grow and reach its potential. So you go to the banks for borrowing. The banks see that you run a tight ship and have a good product and are therefore prepared to lend you what you need.

With the borrowed money, you build the new premises and kit them out with all the latest gadgetry. Business booms and, over a few years, the company's increased profits pay off all the borrowing. Shortly afterwards, you receive a telephone call from another businessman. He wants to buy your business for £3 million. This seems like a very fair offer to you. After all, not long ago, your business was only worth £1 million. So you agree to sell.

But then you have a thought..........."Wait just a minute! The company is only worth £3 million now because of the new premises and gadgetry and all the added profits that they are earning. And it was the company that paid for it. I can't therefore, in all conscience, claim the extra £2 million that the company is now worth. That £2 million belongs to the company."

Convinced of your sound thinking and the righteousness of your stance, you take £2 million of the £3 million you have just been given for your company and you say to the new owner as you hand over the cheque, "I'm giving this money to the company. The company deserves it. The company earnt it." And then you walk away.

The new owner watches, gobsmacked, as you walk off into the sunset. And then he laughs. Laughs until he can laugh no more. He has just paid £1 million for a £3 million company. He pockets the £2 million and puts the company back on the market the very next day. It sells for £3 million and he has made the quickest and easiest £2 million he will ever make.

He too walks off into the sunset, singing softly to himself, to paraphrase a well known football chant.....

Can I buy a company off Superhudd every week,
Can I buy a company off Superhudd every week?

Analogy time:

You own a manufacturing company. It's a decent, well run company (because you run it well) worth £1 million. But it requires a significant investment in new premises, machinery and technology for it to grow and reach its potential. So you go to the banks for borrowing. The banks see that you run a tight ship and have a good product and are therefore prepared to lend you what you need.

With the borrowed money, you build the new premises and kit them out with all the latest gadgetry. Business booms and, over a few years, the company's increased profits pay off all the borrowing. Shortly afterwards, you receive a telephone call from another businessman. He wants to buy your business for £3 million. This seems like a very fair offer to you. After all, not long ago, your business was only worth £1 million. So you agree to sell.

But then you have a thought..........."Wait just a minute! The company is only worth £3 million now because of the new premises and gadgetry and all the added profits that they are earning. And it was the company that paid for it. I can't therefore, in all conscience, claim the extra £2 million that the company is now worth. That £2 million belongs to the company."

Convinced of your sound thinking and the righteousness of your stance, you take £2 million of the £3 million you have just been given for your company and you say to the new owner as you hand over the cheque, "I'm giving this money to the company. The company deserves it. The company earnt it." And then you walk away.

The new owner watches, gobsmacked, as you walk off into the sunset. And then he laughs. Laughs until he can laugh no more. He has just paid £1 million for a £3 million company. He pockets the £2 million and puts the company back on the market the very next day. It sells for £3 million and he has made the quickest and easiest £2 million he will ever make.

He too walks off into the sunset, singing softly to himself, to paraphrase a well known football chant.....

Can I buy a company off Superhudd every week,
Can I buy a company off Superhudd every week?

I bet that new owner is Levy!! ;)

Enic should do the right thing.. When they sell, sell 49% to a company and give the other 51% to the fans. They make a profit from the 49% and do the right thing with the rest. A Bayern model if you like.

Then I won't view them just like any other money grabbing tart. :p

Enic should do the right thing.. When they sell, sell 49% to a company and give the other 51% to the fans. They make a profit from the 49% and do the right thing with the rest. A Bayern model if you like.

lol. The right thing by who? I seriously doubt you or anyone else would do the same. I don't think Joe Lewis is a philanthropist but I could be wrong! And, no company or individual in their right mind will pay a serious amount of money for a non-controlling interest in a club. And just think how hard it is to get consensus on this board.

I think you should start a crowd funding for Spurs supporters to buy out Enic. We can really test just how much of their own personal net worth spurs supporters would be willing to put into their club!

If I buy a t-shirt with the words "Come On You Superhudd" written on it, and spend a few hours every Saturday chanting your name, will you sign over 51% of your house to me. And if not, are you a money grabbing tart? ;-)

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...business-to-the-11th-hour-again-a2905536.html

Here we are again: another August, another unbalanced squad, a manager who knows he needs more, players unsure about their futures. It is a familiar problem at many clubs but at Tottenham, it feels particularly acute.

Few periods in football highlight the tension between the boardroom and the dugout better than the transfer window.

Whereas managers would like their squad for the season in place before the action starts, their chairmen and chief executives are often prepared to wait until the closing hours of the transfer window to try to conclude deals.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy does not have a public Twitter account, yet he might be proud to know that his transfer brinkmanship has its own hashtag — #levytime.

HOW LATE DEALS COST SPURS

2015-16
Form: LD
Players in: 1
Players out: 1

2014-15
Form: WWL
Pts behind CL place: 6
Players in: 2
Players out: 3

2013-14
Pts behind CL place: 10
Players in: 3
Players out: 2

2012-13
Pts behind CL place: 1
Players in: 4
Players out: 4

2011-12
Form: LL
Players out: 5

2010-11
Form: DWL
Players out: 0

2009-10
Form: WWWW
Pts behind CL place: +3

2008-09
Form: LLD
Pts behind CL place: 21

2007-08
Form: LLWL
Pts behind CL place: 30
Players in: 0

2006-07
Form: LWL
Pts behind CL place: 8

2005-06
Form: WWDL
Pts behind CL place: 2

*Above shows Tottenham’s form and transfer dealings between start of the season and the end of the transfer window - and how many points they finished behind a place in the Champions League

But by leaving it so late to complete business, does Levy risk damaging the club’s chances of achieving his primary goal — Champions League football? Between 2010-11 and 2012-13, Spurs won just one of their seven League games in August as first Harry Redknapp and then Andre Villas-Boas worked with squads still under construction. In two of those three seasons, they finished only one point outside the Champions League places.

This season Liverpool and Spurs were named as contenders for a top-four spot. After two games, Spurs are already five points behind Brendan Rodgers’ side. Can anyone spot a pattern?

If players like Emmanuel Adebayor, Scott Parker and Hugo Lloris, to name three, had been signed at the start of August, Spurs would surely not have missed out as they did. It is the same with player sales. By leaving final negotiations until late in the window, Levy was able to extract maximum price for Dimitar Berbatov, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale — but at what cost?

To hold out for a better deal in this way risks weakening the club in the long run, as no Champions League means no huge television revenues. Less money coming in makes it more difficult to sign the players who can deliver the main prizes.

As Mauricio Pochettino admitted last week, Spurs are looking for potential in the transfer market, rather than proven footballers, at a time when the head coach believes he needs more experience.

Yet this evidence is not enough to persuade Levy to change his ways.

The article starts by pointing out that this is an issue at a lot of clubs. And then wonders why Levy doesn't "change his ways". The implication being that Levy (and the other clubs) are choosing this model and simply have to choose a different approach to make everything better.

Except (imo) that's bloody insane.

I put together an Excel spreadsheet listing (for the Summer 2014 window) exactly when players were purchased. The single busiest day (across all clubs) is July 1st. There are obvious reasons for that (mostly because it represents several months of transfers and May/June player releases finding other clubs - all of which get registered on the first day of the window).

But if you exclude the first day, it's very obvious that the clubs in the Champions League do the bulk of their business early. Every other club (with the curious exception of Saudi Sportswashing Machine last summer... but I'm not sure they are a club we necessarily want to emulate) do more business in the last few days than at any other period in the window. And the reasons for this are pretty easy to understand and have been discussed to death here.

So the notion that Levy can just choose to buy whoever he wants early in the window is pure nonsense. If there's even a hint that a CL side might be interested, the good players wait as long as possible to see all their options. And let's face it... those are the players we want.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...business-to-the-11th-hour-again-a2905536.html

Here we are again: another August, another unbalanced squad, a manager who knows he needs more, players unsure about their futures. It is a familiar problem at many clubs but at Tottenham, it feels particularly acute.

Few periods in football highlight the tension between the boardroom and the dugout better than the transfer window.

Whereas managers would like their squad for the season in place before the action starts, their chairmen and chief executives are often prepared to wait until the closing hours of the transfer window to try to conclude deals.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy does not have a public Twitter account, yet he might be proud to know that his transfer brinkmanship has its own hashtag — #levytime.

HOW LATE DEALS COST SPURS

2015-16
Players out: 1

2014-15
Players out: 3

2013-14
Pts behind CL place: 10

2012-13
Players in: 4
Players out: 4

2011-12
Form: LL
Players out: 5

2010-11
Form: DWL

2009-10
Form: WWWW
Pts behind CL place: +3

2008-09
Form: LLD
Pts behind CL place: 21

2007-08
Form: LLWL
Pts behind CL place: 30
Players in: 0

2006-07
Form: LWL
Pts behind CL place: 8

2005-06
Form: WWDL
Pts behind CL place: 2

*Above shows Tottenham’s form and transfer dealings between start of the season and the end of the transfer window - and how many points they finished behind a place in the Champions League

But by leaving it so late to complete business, does Levy risk damaging the club’s chances of achieving his primary goal — Champions League football? Between 2010-11 and 2012-13, Spurs won just one of their seven League games in August as first Harry Redknapp and then Andre Villas-Boas worked with squads still under construction. In two of those three seasons, they finished only one point outside the Champions League places.

This season Liverpool and Spurs were named as contenders for a top-four spot. After two games, Spurs are already five points behind Brendan Rodgers’ side. Can anyone spot a pattern?

If players like Emmanuel Adebayor, Scott Parker and Hugo Lloris, to name three, had been signed at the start of August, Spurs would surely not have missed out as they did. It is the same with player sales. By leaving final negotiations until late in the window, Levy was able to extract maximum price for Dimitar Berbatov, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale — but at what cost?

To hold out for a better deal in this way risks weakening the club in the long run, as no Champions League means no huge television revenues. Less money coming in makes it more difficult to sign the players who can deliver the main prizes.

As Mauricio Pochettino admitted last week, Spurs are looking for potential in the transfer market, rather than proven footballers, at a time when the head coach believes he needs more experience.

Plainly don't agree as the premise is that we could have done the deal earlier which just is not true. Using Lloris as an example is just not right as he didn't play even when he was signed. Plenty of games and points were dropped after they were signed which goes unmentioned. Using the same logic, we could say that not signing Lamela and Stambouli at the start of August cost us games as well, but we all know the reality.

The most crux of why we make our signings at the end of the transfer window is that we are bottom of the food chain for the players that we want. We don't overpay as we don't have limitless amounts of cash swirling around. But we've done that topic to death.

Talk of Fazio out, Berahino in, a possible DCM late in the window...THE TOTALISER IS WHIRRING

hqdefault.jpg

Back