• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I hope he gets a job in the Premiership and whoever the club is will take Ramsey and Sir Les too, just to have his sound bites every week.

Maybe I'm cynical, but perhaps he is finding reasons to not take jobs, because he isn't as up to the task as he and his friends in the press would have us all believe

No no no.
I'm not having that.
He is the messiah don't you know.
Have you not listened to anything he has said?
Best record of any manager in the world ever*

* in the 437th second of an away fixture with the wind blowing due east whilst saluting his own reflection and ****ing into a gillet

I actually think Sherwood could become a very good coach. The problem is (obviously) that he has a case of the Redknapp's and doesn't know when to shut up. A little bit of humility would go a very long way in ensuring he has a successful career as a manager.

I think Sherwood is VASTLY overrated; if he had a fancy Southern European/Latin name, who maybe didn't have the best grasp of English, he'd be getting lambasted in the Red Tops and Sky Sports for his tactical ineptitude and general lack of professionism

I think Sherwood is VASTLY overrated; if he had a fancy Southern European/Latin name, who maybe didn't have the best grasp of English, he'd be getting lambasted in the Red Tops and Sky Sports for his tactical ineptitude and general lack of professionism

Well that's true at least.

It's bizarre looking back at Sherwood's time at the club. I can understand the way he went absolutely mental at the players, in public and in private one would imagine because so many were blindingly **** and if I was manager, after some of the performances last season I'd have told some players to not bother turning up to training again due to the severe disrespect they'd shown to my football club, but that doesn't really work within the business of football unfortunately and maybe that was a shock to him as rather than some kid in the acadamy you have a 20m asset that you're screaming at, it's different at the top level...

Agree with Tommy, think he could do some good things with the right club/situation but needs to not be so much of a gob****e. And lose the gillet.

Well that's true at least.

It's bizarre looking back at Sherwood's time at the club. I can understand the way he went absolutely mental at the players, in public and in private one would imagine because so many were blindingly **** and if I was manager, after some of the performances last season I'd have told some players to not bother turning up to training again due to the severe disrespect they'd shown to my football club, but that doesn't really work within the business of football unfortunately and maybe that was a shock to him as rather than some kid in the acadamy you have a 20m asset that you're screaming at, it's different at the top level...

Agree with Tommy, think he could do some good things with the right club/situation but needs to not be so much of a gob****e. And lose the gillet.

Turn it up.

Has the managerial sack race really begun already? The Mirror think so, and they reckon Harry Redknapp could be the first neck on the block if his QPR side don't turn their lacklustre start around. What's more, the Mirror say former Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has been identified as a potential replacement for Redknapp.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-manager-harry-redknapp-already-4105276

Imagine, Jamie Redknapp would be in quite the quandary. How could he slate his dad's replacement, but at the same time big up his close pal Tim?

For a while I was wondering why didn't Tim go to QPR as a coach with a view to being the long term replacement for Harry, but it looks unlikely now Hoddle is there.

Booed by his own fans, 4 wins in 27. Harry could, in an exemplary case of irony, be sacked after 8 games into the season with just 2 points on the board.

i was surprised at the Harry booing, we didn't boo when they used to give Gerry Francis a chant in our dugout

Dim Sherwood column: I've been impressed with my Tottenham successor Mauricio Pochettino

Their game against Liverpool tomorrow represents the biggest test so far for my former club Tottenham Hotspur, but I have to say that I have been very impressed with what I have seen so far from the team and Mauricio Pochettino

They were fantastic against Queen’s Park Rangers with a high press and lots of attacking football. I am not sure it was QPR’s best performance but, nevertheless, all the Spurs players looked like they had really bought into what Pochettino is trying to do. Emmanuel Adebayor typified that. He was great when he was in possession and led the way with the pressing game when Spurs did not have the ball.

It will be a very different kind of game against Liverpool, and the better sides will try to find a way of passing through the press that Spurs are using. But so far, so good for Spurs. They went to West Ham in a difficult game and ground out a result. They look like a team with an identity.

What I like about Pochettino’s approach is that he is judging players on a level. There is no nod given to reputation. Nabil Bentaleb had to put up with people telling him that he was my favourite last season, yet Pochettino has selected Nabil in both of his league games so far. There were some at Spurs who would question Nabil’s right to be the in team when I was there. I think he has proved his point.

It is the same with Danny Rose at left-back. Although the club have spent £10m on Ben Davies, Pochettino has gone with Danny ahead of him. It would have been my preference too and I am pleased that Danny’s hard work has earned him a place in Roy Hodgson’s England squad. It is good to see Harry Kane coming off the bench and scoring goals. I like that Pochettino appreciates that there is some good young talent around at the club.

Before I became manager last season I worked hard at developing these boys and finding them the right kind of clubs to go to on loan and continue their progress. When I left it was my concern that some of them would be pushed aside or, as in the case of Steven Caulker and Jake Livermore, sold. It is great that the club see the value of young home-grown talent.

I like the look of Eric Dier, who was a player that we had picked out for some time as a potential future signing during my time at the club. He is a versatile footballer who is comfortable on the ball. He came in to the training ground when Harry Redknapp was manager and trained with us for a few days. In the end he went to Everton on loan but we liked what we saw and kept tabs on him.

When Chris Ramsey came back from his stint with the England Under-20s last year he said that Eric was one we should look at bringing in. I am glad that the club pushed ahead and signed him. Given time and the right conditions I hope that he could be an England international one day. Hopefully, he will be part of a wider group of England internationals who got their Premier League chance at Spurs

What. A. Cvnt.

It's all about ME. I did everything good at Spurs that ever happened. I won the double, I scored a free kick against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi in 91 and I even chipped Seaman from the halfway line in Europe after they sold me.

I didn't do any of the bad stuff though - that's all the fault of the sh1tty players there who don't motivate themselves and don't even come up with their own tactics - they expected me to do it all! Well I was far too busy scoring one of the greatest goals ever scored against Watford.

It's not all the fault of the players though, some of it is that d1ck Hoddle. Who the fack is he anyway? He's no mate of Jamie Redknapp so I don't know how he thinks he'll ever get a job as a manager. And what did he ever do? Bet he never stood around scratching his ar5e while Shearer won him a league medal.

Sol Campbell mkII.

On first read, it sounds reasonable but then again who is he praising? The kids and Ade. What about Chadli, Lamela, Capoue? Oh that's right, they all think you're a bit if a *** and laughed at your half time team talks so you dropped them.

this bit sounds unfortunately desperate

I like the look of Eric Dier, who was a player that we had picked out for some time as a potential future signing during my time at the club. He is a versatile footballer who is comfortable on the ball. He came in to the training ground when Harry Redknapp was manager and trained with us for a few days. In the end he went to Everton on loan but we liked what we saw and kept tabs on him.

What I find extraordinary is how this sage, this seer of a football mastermind, is still unemployed. Because apparently, he is responsible for all that is good in the current Premiership…if LVG gets the tin-tack, they have their man...

What. A. Cvnt.

It's all about ME. I did everything good at Spurs that ever happened. I won the double, I scored a free kick against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi in 91 and I even chipped Seaman from the halfway line in Europe after they sold me.

I didn't do any of the bad stuff though - that's all the fault of the sh1tty players there who don't motivate themselves and don't even come up with their own tactics - they expected me to do it all! Well I was far too busy scoring one of the greatest goals ever scored against Watford.

It's not all the fault of the players though, some of it is that d1ck Hoddle. Who the fack is he anyway? He's no mate of Jamie Redknapp so I don't know how he thinks he'll ever get a job as a manager. And what did he ever do? Bet he never stood around scratching his ar5e while Shearer won him a league medal.

Sol Campbell mkII.

I actually believe this is an insult to C*******! He never tried to pretend he made Spurs, he was simply full of himself. Sherwood is full of himself, made Spurs, is responsible for everything that's happened at our great club since we first played on the Tottenham marshes, etc, etc…

I think it's actually incredible that the man cannot see what a total danchev-Wheelchair he looks whoring himself out so cheaply in a national newspaper. Riseable!

It's funny how much he winds people up. He's got an ego and someone's letting him write for them. Not the end of the world.

Just thinking what he will come out with next, after today's game.

I predict it'll be one of:

- "That Sterling player, me and my scouts were tracking him when he was at QPR and we tried to get Levy to bring him in"

- "I took the tough decision not to play Capoue cause he don't give much cover really; I think it was a massive mistake to play him against such a great side as Liverpool. He should've played Paulinho there instead"

Gerrard is a good player but will always be in the shadow of those greats who have captained their club to a league title.

Just thinking what he will come out with next, after today's game.

I predict it'll be one of:

- "That Sterling player, me and my scouts were tracking him when he was at QPR and we tried to get Levy to bring him in"

- "I took the tough decision not to play Capoue cause he don't give much cover really; I think it was a massive mistake to play him against such a great side as Liverpool. He should've played Paulinho there instead"
The first one is true. We tried to get him again when he was struggling to settle in Liverpool.

So would it seem that Les Ferdinand can see the writing on the wall with Tim Sherwood - and the fact that if he stays waiting to be one of his coaches he might not be working for a looooooong time

Back