• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

It appears to be his demands that are ruling him out of jobs. Talks with WBA, Palace and QPR all appear to have broken down over this.

Not sure about that??

Perhaps.....Tim Sherwood+Betfair account = lay lay lay........who needs a managerial career:)

allegedly

He'd been with us for a while and been part of the transfer committee. He was senior enough that when Baldini was appointed it was Sherwood and AVB who got name checked as working with him in the press statement. My experience is that it doesn't take long to suss out a clam. Or are we saying that Levy just has a blind spot with him prior to him becoming caretaker?

On the second point, Ramsey just sticking around for a first team gig doesn't really hold up because they had been working for together at a junior level for a while. And even this week, when Sherwood dropped out of the running for the QPR job, Ramsey was still giving interviews singing his praises when he was going to get the job instead.

I am pleased that Sherwood is not at the club any more but he did some good work with us. I agree that he has a very high opinion of himself and he doesn't half spout some crud but it seems like he can spot a player and I do not think that he is half as stupid as he makes himself look most of the time. But I guess only time will tell.

Give people a little power they plod along but they are always in your ear whistling sweet nothings and undermining others on how they would do it better.

When people are given too much power you soon find out what sort of person they really are.

Give people a little power they plod along but they are always in your ear whistling sweet nothings and undermining others on how they would do it better.

When people are given too much power you soon find out what sort of person they really are.

Well said.

B9z_OpqIcAAQV4L.jpg

Aston Villa appoint Tim Sherwood, 46, as the club's new manager on a contract until the end of the 2017-18 season.

he was one of our own ;)

never liked the guy even when he was on the pitch for us, but he did help us through the transition from avb to poch :)

Captain Bellend finally gets a big gig. And it is a massive job. I do think his desire to succeed will help him and he clearly has his own ideas. Good luck to him.

He's a twunt, a massive twunt, and it will no doubt end in tears next season, but I think Villa have more chance of staying up this season with him then QPR do with Ramsey. Horrible, but true.

I wonder who he is going to bring in as his backroom staff what with Ramsey and Les being in big position's at QPR.

I'm glad to have him back managing in the Premier League...just not with us. My assessment of him here was:

Pros:

Good tactician - a couple of shockers where he didn't use a DM, but generally was very good tactically. Versatile in his approach (beat Pochettino twice, using two very different game plans to get the result). A few other examples here - http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/tim-sherwoodgone-o.5527/page-208#post-512241

Good judge of a player - Brought Bentaleb and Kane into the first team squad from the youth team when it was clear he didn't rate Capoue and Soldado from early on. A lot of people really didn't agree with that at the time (remember the whole Bentaleb is Sherwood's lovechild thing?)

Cons:

Man management - Was clear that a lot of his players didn't like him. The team often appeared nervous and regularly capitulated in big games, very few players looked like they were enjoying their football on the pitch. Though he is one of the few managers who has successfully man managed Adebayor

Poor coach - So many sloppy mistakes from the team on the pitch, both in attack and defence. A lot of our players badly regressed under him.

Media handling - Oh GHod, some of those interviews. Some of those comments. Was an utter laughing stock in the media.

If he's taken a step back, taken a long hard look at himself and learned when to keep his mouth shut (both to the media and to his players), he'll probably keep Villa up. Whether he'll ever really progress them though will require him getting some good backroom staff to help with the coaching though.

I wonder which of our mob of undesirable players we can flog on to Villa this summer....

Maybe Adebayor will finally go?

He will keep them up, then get sacked in November as they struggle next season.

They have no money, so will need to sell Benteke in the summer to finance Kaboul, Adebayor and Lennon. Maybe Townsend.

Will be interesting to see how his arrogance goes down there - they don't have many leaders, I think that will frustrate him.

I don't really have any bad feelings towards to the guy, obviously media wise he could have kept it a bit more steady and some say you cross a line when you start slagging off your players but looking at some of the performances where the players let themselves as well as the club down around that time (the complete collapses against bigger teams) I think it's kind of fair enough to say it how it is (was fortunately).

It'll be interesting to see how he does with Villa. My guess is that he'll get Benteke back and scoring like he somehow managed with Adebayor.

Back