• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

As usual he has got some journo to link him with the latest job opening (Aston Villa) so that he can later turn it down, saying it wasn't right for him, thus keeping himself in the spotlight and staying relevant.

As usual he has got some journo to link him with the latest job opening (Aston Villa) so that he can later turn it down, saying it wasn't right for him, thus keeping himself in the spotlight and staying relevant.

If he is genuinely in the frame, he would be a fool to turn it down. Villa are a big club who are under performing. He won't get many better opportunities.

All these clubs are not fools... they called Daniel Levy. End result, no job offers. haha Never cross Levy.

If he is genuinely in the frame, he would be a fool to turn it down. Villa are a big club who are under performing. He won't get many better opportunities.

Damn right. The club would set a pretty low bar for success as well. This season, don't get relegated. Next season, don't get relegated. Season after, be a bit better than that. Any sort of "success" such as a league cup semi or mid-table season would put him in the spotlight.

He'd also know a few of our kids that could do a Kane or Bentaleb since he's so good at identifying and nurturing talent.

If Tim turns down Villa, then he'll be the proverbial manager that wouldn't want to manage a club so brick that they'd consider hiring him.

All these clubs are not fools... they called Daniel Levy. End result, no job offers. haha Never cross Levy.

It appears to be his demands that are ruling him out of jobs. Talks with WBA, Palace and QPR all appear to have broken down over this.

It appears to be his demands that are ruling him out of jobs. Talks with WBA, Palace and QPR all appear to have broken down over this.
Easier to say that than we heard he was a bit of a clam that likes to have a punch-up with his players and calls out his boss and devaluing half the current squad because he tells the fans they is brick, then turning on said fans by telling them they are idiots whilst giving the holier than thou speeches about how fcuking brilliant he is. Aledgedly

Odd piece in the Times today talking him up, saying that those who worked with him in his short stint at senior level at Spurs say he is an amazing man-manager (!!). Also bizarrely that there has to be something about him as he is the first name that comes to a chairman's mind whenever a vacancy arises at the moment (although nothing about this probably being due to his friends in the media promoting him excessively).

Firewall: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4352765.ece

Odd piece in the Times today talking him up, saying that those who worked with him in his short stint at senior level at Spurs say he is an amazing man-manager (!!). Also bizarrely that there has to be something about him as he is the first name that comes to a chairman's mind whenever a vacancy arises at the moment (although nothing about this probably being due to his friends in the media promoting him excessively).

Firewall: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4352765.ece

Yeah but they're probably thinking "I bet that clam Sherwood will be linked with this fudging job too" and not "what a jolly good manager that Sherwood fellow would be".

Isn't he still being paid by Spurs for the remainder of his contract which was due to run out in May? I remember seeing that being touted as a reason for not taking the WBA job, as taking their offer would mean ending the Spurs pay off. Unless it was just a rumour.

Hard to believe he's 46 and only now really starting out on a managerial career (Assuming someone eventually does hire him!) You'd have difficulty finding someone of that age with such a lack of experience...

Mourinho, Pardew, Koeman, Hughes, Pearson etc. are all early 50s and have been managing for about 15 years now since the late 90s
Martinez, Poch and Rodgers are 41,42 and are still kind of considered the new breed and they all started 7,8 years ago
Monk and Dyche are just starting out and they in their 30s

Easier to say that than we heard he was a bit of a clam that likes to have a punch-up with his players and calls out his boss and devaluing half the current squad because he tells the fans they is crud, then turning on said fans by telling them they are idiots whilst giving the holier than thou speeches about how fcuking brilliant he is. Aledgedly

I'm not Sherwood's biggest fan but if he was such a clam why did we appoint him as caretaker in the first place and why was a highly rated coach like Ramsey prepared to work with him and still speaks highly of him now?

I think that this pantomime villain approach to talking about people in football, whilst fun, is a little over simplistic.

I'm not Sherwood's biggest fan but if he was such a clam why did we appoint him as caretaker in the first place
He was there and had Levy's trust, we also canned him at the first opportunity, win percentage n'all.

why was a highly rated coach like Ramsey prepared to work with him and still speaks highly of him now?
Better to be first team coach than academy coach?

I think that this pantomime villain approach to talking about people in football, whilst fun, is a little over simplistic.
He's probably not as much of a clam as I think he is, but he does seem to have an amazingly high opinion of himself, based on very little (has he got his badges yet?). That sort always puts your back up.

He was there and had Levy's trust, we also canned him at the first opportunity, win percentage n'all.

Better to be first team coach than academy coach?

He's probably not as much of a clam as I think he is, but he does seem to have an amazingly high opinion of himself, based on very little (has he got his badges yet?). That sort always puts your back up.

He'd been with us for a while and been part of the transfer committee. He was senior enough that when Baldini was appointed it was Sherwood and AVB who got name checked as working with him in the press statement. My experience is that it doesn't take long to suss out a clam. Or are we saying that Levy just has a blind spot with him prior to him becoming caretaker?

On the second point, Ramsey just sticking around for a first team gig doesn't really hold up because they had been working for together at a junior level for a while. And even this week, when Sherwood dropped out of the running for the QPR job, Ramsey was still giving interviews singing his praises when he was going to get the job instead.

I am pleased that Sherwood is not at the club any more but he did some good work with us. I agree that he has a very high opinion of himself and he doesn't half spout some brick but it seems like he can spot a player and I do not think that he is half as stupid as he makes himself look most of the time. But I guess only time will tell.

Back