• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I can see your point, and there have certainly been bleaker times in terms of league position and performance. However, when he took over last season and the manner in which he conducted himself left me completely disenfranchised with Spurs and with football. I can't forgive him for that

Just forget about him, he's living in his own little world anyway. I'm not quite sure what he is waiting for.........i thought he wanted to be a football manager.

Further evidence of Levy's negotiating skills..........the only man in football who can get Sherwood to take a job!:)

Every job is a poisoned chalice for him though.

If they go down they have got a massive fine and possibly a transfer embargo waiting for them. Their current squad is unbalanced and it sounds like their owner has lost interest in putting money into the club.

What I don't understand is that all of this is obvious but Sherwood must have let them know that he was interested in going there.

I can see your point, and there have certainly been bleaker times in terms of league position and performance. However, when he took over last season and the manner in which he conducted himself left me completely disenfranchised with Spurs and with football. I can't forgive him for that

The issue with Sherwood is simply he continued/escalated the divisiveness/disconnect between the fans and club/team that has been an issue with HR/AVB & him.

Poch has done well to calm a lot of that down.

Every job is a poisoned chalice for him though.

I think he might be a decent manager, or might at least turn into one given time.

But his next job will be very decisive in how his career pans out I think. Good job now and he could easily be well inside the managerial carousel ensuring decades of lucrative contracts and pay offs. Perhaps even a trophy or a chance at a bigger club again at some point. A disastrous outing and his reputation will struggle to get him a good Championship job, and although I think he might be a good manager I don't think he'll be good enough to transform a club and his reputation along with it.

My wife (not a Spurs fan) asked me last night "What kind of a cvnt must Sherwood be if he keeps getting turned down at so many interviews?"

Sums it up really.

Yeah so much for Fernandes saying I have found my perfect manager the other day

Does seem a bit strange.

I wonder if Ramsey might be a decent choice though. I know he's unproven as a manager/head coach. But he seemed very highly rated as a coach, has a lot of experience in the game and seems to be well liked by just about everyone. If QPR are moving away from spending silly money on overrated and over the hill players and are moving towards a more sustainable long term model he might be a good man for them.

Not entirely sure if Les Ferdinand as his DoF though. Doesn't really strike me as experienced enough to make sure the good quality purchases are made to support a more sustainable strategy. Might very well be wrong though.

I wonder if Sherwood regrets turning down the WBA job because he could not take Ramsey and Ferdinand with him now.

Perhaps Ramsey will have him as an assistant down the line ;)

Yeah so much for Fernandes saying I have found my perfect manager the other day
He did say something about a long way to go or something, maybe his guy isn't available until the end of the season and he just needs his own Temporary Tim ;) Wish Ramsay luck.

He did say something about a long way to go or something, maybe his guy isn't available until the end of the season and he just needs his own Temporary Tim ;) Wish Ramsay luck.

Ancellotti had fans protesting outside training this week, and Perez has been saying how he thinks the team should play. Seems him and his staff are under a bit of pressure.

I wonder if Fernandes' choice would take the job should QPR go down?

Ancellotti had fans protesting outside training this week, and Perez has been saying how he thinks the team should play. Seems him and his staff are under a bit of pressure.

I wonder if Fernandes' choice would take the job should QPR go down?

Or maybe Real is Sherwood's preferred next job

There's a vacancy for a manager at my local supermarket. I hear Sherwood is in the running for that one as well.

Back