• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

So Redknapp had a knee op coming up that would make it impossible to carry out his duties.....so decides the day after the transfer window closes to resign and let another guy take over with no chance of juggling the squad.
GHod forbid that this wasn't already known about....but still doesn't make much sense.

I suppose it's 'come in half season timmy.....your team awaits you'

ps...if so then Ade would be a no brainer for them

Head of football operations Les Ferdinand and academy coach Chris Ramsey will take temporary charge.
Two thirds of the gilet boys (I'm assuming that's the same Chris Ramsey). Here he comes.

Tim Sherwood claims responsibility for Harry Kane's development

Sherwood told the Telegraph: "Truth be known, if Tottenham had had their way ... then Harry Kane would not have been Harry Kane today, because he would have been on loan at a Championship club to gain even more experience. And he would not have got his opportunity to play for Tottenham.

"The rest is history as far as he is concerned.

"The players on offer were not going to make us any better. If you would have said we could have had Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo then I might have taken them on," the 45-year-old said with a wry smile.

"But I decided it was right to give youth the opportunity at Tottenham, Harry Kane being one of those players."

He also went on to give tips to Mauricio Pochettino or any other manager who finds themselves with Emmanuel Adebayor in the team, insisting the Togolese player needs to be made to feel special.

resize

He said: "The Adebayor I know is someone with immense quality, and drive and desire. I'm not sure he wanted to leave Tottenham in this [transfer] window.

"I made him feel like he was the main man. My brief when I took over as the manager of Tottenham was to try and make the team a little be more attractive and score more goals.

"With the players I had at my disposal he was the best suited to bring back into the fold. He had been pushed to the side somewhat by the previous manager. It was an easy one ... in terms of motivation ... to get him back and want him to prove a point. He was fantastic.

"Around the training ground he was a credit, and a good example to the likes of Harry Kane and the young players who were coming through the club. He always conducted himself fantastically well."

http://www.90min.com/posts/1825595-...s-development?utm_source=app&utm_medium=share

Sherwood says QPR need to improve their away form. Takes a special talent to recognise that 0 points from 11 games isn't good enough.

I think Sherwood's next job could very well be his last if it goes wrong and he knows it. And I believe that's why he is ignoring risky job offers and looking for as safe a bet as he can find. From the outside QPR looks a mess but he has a few spies in the camp and will know what he is letting himself in for. I think he'll take it (if offered). Everyone expects them to get relegated at this stage so if that happens then he can say... 'Not me gov. The damage was done before I arrived'. He'll probably get another term out of it at least. If he somehow keeps them up then we won't hear he end of it, but I suppose it will be an accomplishment.

I think Sherwood's next job could very well be his last if it goes wrong and he knows it. And I believe that's why he is ignoring risky job offers and looking for as safe a bet as he can find. From the outside QPR looks a mess but he has a few spies in the camp and will know what he is letting himself in for. I think he'll take it (if offered). Everyone expects them to get relegated at this stage so if that happens then he can say... 'Not me gov. The damage was done before I arrived'. He'll probably get another term out of it at least. If he somehow keeps them up then we won't hear he end of it, but I suppose it will be an accomplishment.
They're one point off 17th with better players than everyone up to about 14th.

If you factor in the dead cat bounce it would be harder to relegate them than to keep them up.

If you factor in the dead cat bounce it would be harder to relegate them than to keep them up.

I think you are reaching a little ;). They are 19th with two win in the last 10 matches and their players are dross, bar Austin. I'll be impressed if he goes there and keeps them up.

I'm not digging at Sherwood or Redknapp here, I quite like both of them, but I think QPR have had some decent players in their squad since Hughes was there, they're mostly all established Prem players. There's just something wrong with the blend there, they could def do with a striker that's not injury prone, a fit Zamora would have been great for them the last couple of years. Purely looking at squads, there are easily 3 worse in this league on a player for player basis.

Absolutely this. My word, it would be impossible for him to fail.

Green

Onuoha Hill Caulker Traore

Wright-Phillips Barton Isla Taraabt

Zamora Austin

Your biggest issue, other than concentration at the back, would be the liability of Taraabt on the left, as it will leave Traore cruelly exposed. However, if Isla were to put a shift in you might be able to get away with it. Wright-Phillips is Azza-esque, thus he would cover his man, and Hill needs to be back there (a) so as there is an honest man in that defense and (b) to school Caulker back to some level of form.

You'd love to play the 4-2-3-1 but I think QPR need to be basic and purposeful. Keep it tight, keep it steady, know what you don't have and know what you could do.

Sorry, they do have enough there to stay up...easily.

Green

Onuoha Hill Caulker Traore

Wright-Phillips Barton Isla Taraabt

Zamora Austin

Your biggest issue, other than concentration at the back, would be the liability of Taraabt on the left, as it will leave Traore cruelly exposed. However, if Isla were to put a shift in you might be able to get away with it. Wright-Phillips is Azza-esque, thus he would cover his man, and Hill needs to be back there (a) so as there is an honest man in that defense and (b) to school Caulker back to some level of form.

You'd love to play the 4-2-3-1 but I think QPR need to be basic and purposeful. Keep it tight, keep it steady, know what you don't have and know what you could do.

Sorry, they do have enough there to stay up...easily.
Whato_O that team is a horror.....im sorry but apart from Austin the rest are simply rubbish

i think they have a big job ahead trying to stay up, imo it will go to the last day and 4 or 5 teams will be fighting to stay up

QPR's team is not actually that good at all. Half of them are past their best (which wasn't very good anyway) and the other half are hyped up players who never really made it as a good premier league player.

The only players i would say were or are real class is Ferdinand (Was but not now) and Sandro (we all know how good he can be)

QPR's team is not actually that good at all. Half of them are past their best (which wasn't very good anyway) and the other half are hyped up players who never really made it as a good premier league player.

The only players i would say were or are real class is Ferdinand (Was but not now) and Sandro (we all know how good he can be)
Of course they're a terrible team, but they don't need to be competing with Chelsea, City, etc. They just need to be better than three of Leicester, Hull, Burnley, West Brom, etc. I think they're comfortably better than all of them.

Whato_O that team is a horror.....im sorry but apart from Austin the rest are simply rubbish

i think they have a big job ahead trying to stay up, imo it will go to the last day and 4 or 5 teams will be fighting to stay up

Are you seriously saying that team is worse than Burnley, Leicester, Villa or even crystal Palace? It's not very dynamic but with a bit of structure and tactics that team should easily have a further 6-8 more points than they currently do.

Back