• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The streak continues...

alekaras

The ITK of IDK
We've won a trophy in every decade since the #0's. We won the motherlovin' International Champions Cup in pre-season. Boo-yaaa

We do still have this season though. Whether it's the carling cup or the champions league, we really need to win something this season to keep this run going. I know you weren't trying to start this debate of CL partication vs actually winning something but it'd be an understatement to say it'll irk me if we can't finish top of a competition we have participated in, in a window of 10 whole years. Before anyone says it's just press nonsense hysteria, fudge off, fudge right off, it's history and it kind of matters.

We do still have this season though. Whether it's the carling cup or the champions league, we really need to win something this season to keep this run going. I know you weren't trying to start this debate of CL partication vs actually winning something but it'd be an understatement to say it'll irk me if we can't finish top of a competition we have participated in, in a window of 10 whole years. Before anyone says it's just press nonsense hysteria, fudge off, fudge right off, it's history and it kind of matters.

The decade is technically over, isn't it? 2010-2019 (ten years). So we haven't won anything this decade. I don't give a fudge personally. The last ten years have been the best ten years of following Spurs since I started in the early 90's, and I'm sure for a lot of people that started a lot earlier than me.

We'll win something soon. With the new stadium we're going to establish ourselves as one of the top teams in Europe (we have already, to be fair), and it'll be a matter of time before we win a trophy.

The decade is technically over, isn't it? 2010-2019 (ten years). So we haven't won anything this decade. I don't give a fudge personally. The last ten years have been the best ten years of following Spurs since I started in the early 90's, and I'm sure for a lot of people that started a lot earlier than me.

We'll win something soon. With the new stadium we're going to establish ourselves as one of the top teams in Europe (we have already, to be fair), and it'll be a matter of time before we win a trophy.

I would have thought that winning a competition that begins in year 19 would count though, unless I'm being particularly dumb on that one. For me it'll just be a shame as we'll lose something that no other (or at least most other?) clubs have managed. Lord knows I'm not saying we should be nailed on winners every season and I appreciate how much better we have it compared to certain darker eras.

I don't know if new ground is going to covered here or if I'm going to be overly pedantic but it's a matter of time until pretty much every club wins a trophy, just depends on which one it is and how long we're talking about:

ie If it'll be a matter of 10 years until West Ham win the Johnstones Paint Trophy - I can deal with that but I don't think anyone if asked in 2008 would have been happy with the lack of silverware since. Obviously the stadium and training facilities soften that blow greatly and yes, great times should lie ahead and I'm not meaning to sound negative or entitled; I suppose sometimes it's more been the manner of the cup exits /close misses...

I would have thought that winning a competition that begins in year 19 would count though, unless I'm being particularly dumb on that one. For me it'll just be a shame as we'll lose something that no other (or at least most other?) clubs have managed. Lord knows I'm not saying we should be nailed on winners every season and I appreciate how much better we have it compared to certain darker eras.

I don't know if new ground is going to covered here or if I'm going to be overly pedantic but it's a matter of time until pretty much every club wins a trophy, just depends on which one it is and how long we're talking about:

ie If it'll be a matter of 10 years until West Ham win the Johnstones Paint Trophy - I can deal with that but I don't think anyone if asked in 2008 would have been happy with the lack of silverware since. Obviously the stadium and training facilities soften that blow greatly and yes, great times should lie ahead and I'm not meaning to sound negative or entitled; I suppose sometimes it's more been the manner of the cup exits /close misses...

If we win anything next season it'll be in 2020, so the next decade. The year the season starts doesn't count - not in any of the record books I've seen anyway. :)

The decade is technically over, isn't it? 2010-2019 (ten years).

I think technically the decade should be 2011 to 2020 as the end of a decade should align with the ends of centuries and millennia. There was no year zero so the first decade has to be 1-10, and so on.

It's rarely done this way and it didn't stop us celebrating the new millennium a year early. Imagine you wait 1000 years for something and get the date wrong.

If we win anything next season it'll be in 2020, so the next decade. The year the season starts doesn't count - not in any of the record books I've seen anyway. :)

Well that's that then......*Cue full on tantrum throwing toys out of the pram

th

Back