• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

Purchasing only Sessegnon would see us standing still.... thus going backwards. I would go for Pereira (only if Walker goes), Lemar, Meyer, Dolberg, Maguire and Sessegnon. All are 24 and under, Meyer and Maguire only have a year left so won't cost much overall, Dolberg and Lemar would add goals/assists at European level and Sessegnon can take a year in and around the squad to get used to PL as a ready made replacement should Rose leave in 12-24 months.

Those 6 players would cost nowhere near in outlay what everyone else will spend in the top 6 yet they would significantly improve our 11 and squad.

In the outs I would go Bentaleb, Fazio, N'jie, Sissoko and Walker if he is desperate to go. Those sales would bring in near to £100m with Bentaleb confirmed at £16m I believe, Fazio at £4m, Sissoko for £20m or so, N'jie for £8m and Walker at £45/50m. If we had a net spend after that then it would be minimal, around £10-£15m max imo

That's a huge squad upheaval though of roughly 25% of the squad

One thing we have been good at is amanhing change but 6 is too many IMO

That's a huge squad upheaval though of roughly 25% of the squad

One thing we have been good at is amanhing change but 6 is too many IMO

Ordinarily I would totally agree but this summer for me is different. We need to make signings that are going to be here for he next 4-5 years, players whose values will increase but won't necessarily be tempted to move early on in the new ground whereas some players who have been here a while might feel differently.

We all know that the 11 needs significant competition and the squad needs a bit more depth overall and for that reason I think those 6, 5 if Walker doesn't depart is necessary In order to not stand still. We need someone who can compete with/understudy Eriksen which is Meyer, A better option on the left in Lemar, another goalscorer which could be Dolberg, Sessegnon as a young signing if possible and Maguire for more defensive depth.

If we want to challenge on multiple fronts then we need the depth or all we will do is prioritise one specific competition generally by the time we reach February.

This is all imo and tbh I would be happy if it were just Lemar and Dolberg in all honesty but getting 2-3 others would give the whole team a bit more substance.

Purchasing only Sessegnon would see us standing still.... thus going backwards. I would go for Pereira (only if Walker goes), Lemar, Meyer, Dolberg, Maguire and Sessegnon. All are 24 and under, Meyer and Maguire only have a year left so won't cost much overall, Dolberg and Lemar would add goals/assists at European level and Sessegnon can take a year in and around the squad to get used to PL as a ready made replacement should Rose leave in 12-24 months.

Those 6 players would cost nowhere near in outlay what everyone else will spend in the top 6 yet they would significantly improve our 11 and squad.

In the outs I would go Bentaleb, Fazio, N'jie, Sissoko and Walker if he is desperate to go. Those sales would bring in near to £100m with Bentaleb confirmed at £16m I believe, Fazio at £4m, Sissoko for £20m or so, N'jie for £8m and Walker at £45/50m. If we had a net spend after that then it would be minimal, around £10-£15m max imo

I don't think it's standing still - CCV, KWP, Sessegnon, Winks and Onomah are all amongst the best young players in the world and all will be even better next season.

Lamela will be back and Janssen will improve.

Whilst we can't possibly have another injury plagued season surely.

Ordinarily I would totally agree but this summer for me is different. We need to make signings that are going to be here for he next 4-5 years, players whose values will increase but won't necessarily be tempted to move early on in the new ground whereas some players who have been here a while might feel differently.

We all know that the 11 needs significant competition and the squad needs a bit more depth overall and for that reason I think those 6, 5 if Walker doesn't depart is necessary In order to not stand still. We need someone who can compete with/understudy Eriksen which is Meyer, A better option on the left in Lemar, another goalscorer which could be Dolberg, Sessegnon as a young signing if possible and Maguire for more defensive depth.

If we want to challenge on multiple fronts then we need the depth or all we will do is prioritise one specific competition generally by the time we reach February.

This is all imo and tbh I would be happy if it were just Lemar and Dolberg in all honesty but getting 2-3 others would give the whole team a bit more substance.

I get your logic but I think we're better off doing what we have been doing well and not my changig too much -3 out 3 in maybe

I suppose we could try and swap Dolberg for Janssen and sign Lemar and sell Lamela.

But I can't see ether transfer happening sadly.

I don't think it's standing still - CCV, KWP, Sessegnon, Winks and Onomah are all amongst the best young players in the world and all will be even better next season.

There is nothing guaranteeing that Lamela will be back for the start or even this calendar year and even if he is, he has had a year out. Do we really avoid buying in the hope that Lamela is the same one prior to injury? If he is then fantastic and he has a role to play.

Janssen in isolation shouldn't be our only forward aside from Kane. That in the end played a part in finishing second because we had no other option once Harry got injured. Totally agree with keeping Janssen though but think we should add to him and not leave him under pressure to perform solely if Kane is absent.

As for the injury plagued season........ why take the risk? Get the numbers with quality in and you don't have that issue if we do suffer injuries.

Not convinced on CCV, KWP needs more time, maybe another season or so, Winks and Onomah aren't affected by those signings as they don't play in those positions and all of those bar Winks don't take up a place in the squad as they are considered under 21s. I want these players mixed with 4-5 senior players in the League cup to give balanced experience rather than 8-9 youngsters and a couple of fringe players.

I get your logic but I think we're better off doing what we have been doing well and not my changig too much -3 out 3 in maybe
Well keeping Walker would limit that to 5 and Sessegnon if we signed him could be loaned back or would flit in and around the squad which means 4 proper signings in reality.
I definitely think we need the depth. I really worry for us in certain areas if we get injuries whilst managing to go further in Europe thus increasing from the 54/55 games this season.

Demj
Well keeping Walker would limit that to 5 and Sessegnon if we signed him could be loaned back or would flit in and around the squad which means 4 proper signings in reality.
I definitely think we need the depth. I really worry for us in certain areas if we get injuries whilst managing to go further in Europe thus increasing from the 54/55 games this season.

I actually think our depth is ok . We had a lot of injuries and every player got injured at least once

There is nothing guaranteeing that Lamela will be back for the start or even this calendar year and even if he is, he has had a year out. Do we really avoid buying in the hope that Lamela is the same one prior to injury? If he is then fantastic and he has a role to play.

Janssen in isolation shouldn't be our only forward aside from Kane. That in the end played a part in finishing second because we had no other option once Harry got injured. Totally agree with keeping Janssen though but think we should add to him and not leave him under pressure to perform solely if Kane is absent.

As for the injury plagued season........ why take the risk? Get the numbers with quality in and you don't have that issue if we do suffer injuries.

There is no way Poch will want three strikers in the squad, there is no need.

The money for Bentaleb, Fazio and Njie went into last summer's budget (as they were loans to perms) and were used to fund the Sissoko signing.

You can't double count that money.

The money for Bentaleb, Fazio and Njie went into last summer's budget (as they were loans to perms) and were used to fund the Sissoko signing.

You can't double count that money.
What money? Unless I've missed something we haven't sold any of them, they are all still on loan. Even Bentaleb, whose sale has been agreed but not finalised yet.

What money? Unless I've missed something we haven't sold any of them, they are all still on loan. Even Bentaleb, whose sale has been agreed but not finalised yet.

They can't go through until the transfer window opens on 1 July.

I just meant from an accounting point of view - the revenue generated by them was allocated to Sissoko and GKN etc. Our spending last summer was exactly zero again (8th year in a row) once the four loans to perm deals were included. So now we are back at zero now for this window but have to exclude those 3.

They can't go through until the transfer window opens on 1 July.

I just meant from an accounting point of view - the revenue generated by them was allocated to Sissoko and GKN etc. Our spending last summer was exactly zero again (8th year in a row) once the four loans to perm deals were included. So now we are back at zero now for this window but have to exclude those 3.
So we agreed transfer fees way back last summer and the revenue for the fees was accounted for last summer, even though the transfers were not definitely going to happen, and even if they were, we wouldnt be seeing any money until this summer.
What were the agreed fees we will receive for each of these transfers?

Back