• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

If we can get any player who would make our first 11 better then we should buy them irrelevant of their position

I agree that it would need a special player to improve the team

We may find a gem through amazing scouts and good luck but that's getting harder and harder

Agree .. hence the way I would look at it is

- Yes, if said player is available, go for it (easy example would be the VDV type signing)
- Re Scouts, said it before, we can expect 3 or 4 in per window that we will probably move on 2 to 3 of within 12-18 months (do they fit, improve, step up, if not, move on)

Re the improve the squad, I agree it's difficult, but not impossible

- A winger is an obvious addition, and Poch knows it, N'Jie, N'K, Sissoko are all attempts at giving us a wide/pacey option
- Second striker, I'd be tempted to go with a small quick striker (offer something different and play off Kane), I'd also be tempted to keep Janssen so we have more depth and he has another year to prove himself.
- Cover for Eriksen, go for someone young/upcoming here.

What is difficult is how do we attract/pay the right level

- Of the three above, striker will be the big expense, winger & young creative will likely be mid-tier expense (and likely buying potential again)

Agree .. hence the way I would look at it is

- Yes, if said player is available, go for it (easy example would be the VDV type signing)
- Re Scouts, said it before, we can expect 3 or 4 in per window that we will probably move on 2 to 3 of within 12-18 months (do they fit, improve, step up, if not, move on)

Re the improve the squad, I agree it's difficult, but not impossible

- A winger is an obvious addition, and Poch knows it, N'Jie, N'K, Sissoko are all attempts at giving us a wide/pacey option
- Second striker, I'd be tempted to go with a small quick striker (offer something different and play off Kane), I'd also be tempted to keep Janssen so we have more depth and he has another year to prove himself.
- Cover for Eriksen, go for someone young/upcoming here.

What is difficult is how do we attract/pay the right level

- Of the three above, striker will be the big expense, winger & young creative will likely be mid-tier expense (and likely buying potential again)

A big expense striker though IMO would tnneccessraily come as second fiddle to Kane for the majority of games

Erisken cover could soon be Edwards if he develops so there is one area there of less concern for me, plus of course Lamella is still here.... somewhere

We do need more pace though IMO.... i like Davies but when he comes in we lose something

We also have to be mindful of not blocking opportunities for youngsters coming through

I hope fans see the moment and enjoy this team

Hugo, Walker, Jan, Toby, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane are all pretty special players .. I'd argue that the vast majority of them would make the short list for best Spurs players in their positions and they are all in the same team. This is easily the best "team" of my lifetime.

I hope we go on to win something to validate that for history books, but unlike all previous winning Spurs sides, we aren't playing on a level playing field, we can't buy a 100M midfielder just to get 4th.

Hugo, Walker, Jan, Toby, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane are all pretty special players .. I'd argue that the vast majority of them would make the short list for best Spurs players in their positions and they are all in the same team. This is easily the best "team" of my lifetime.

I hope we go on to win something to validate that for history books, but unlike all previous winning Spurs sides, we aren't playing on a level playing field, we can't buy a 100M midfielder just to get 4th.

we've as good a starting XI as any of our rivals and man for man id say we'd come out on top compared to anyone (in the prem) - whats exciting is that only one or two are at their peak and even then they're only just reaching their peak and still have several years of that level to come.

keep these players and Pochettino together for the next three seasons and i think we'll win the league

Well 11 of them are.

I think it speaks volumes about the quality of our squad that we are currently second despite having been without Kane, Rose, Toby, Jan and Lamela for lengthy periods this season. That's last season's top scorer, probably the best left back in the PL and arguably the best central defender in the PL injured for long periods - yet we've still done extremely well.

I certainly feel a lot more confident in our back up players than I did at the start of the season.

Said to my mate, a delusional ManU fan, they've not got one player who'd get into the Spurs team ahead of our first 11.

De Gea i guess but you wouldn't go out of your way to swap

De Gea is a top keeper but he is all about his reactionary saves rather than his control of the game - Hugo is much more about reading the game and the situation to not need those saves. Also De Gea spend a lot of time in his 6 yard box where as Hugo is a sweeper keeper

Think some people need to watch more De Gea, he's not better than Hugo.

To @Robbo's point, the number of times we have had our true first 11 in the league this season is extremely small, think just our first choice back line w/Wanyama & Dembele in front have only played together 5 times.

De Gea is better with his feet, but I rate Lloris higher as a shot stopper and he's soo quick off his line.
Alderweireld beats all CB's in this league for me.
Bailly could challenge Vertonghen, but Jan has been very composed this year.
Walker + Rose beat their fullbacks.
Dembele this year beats Pogba and they don't have competition for Wanyama/Dier.
Mkhitaryan and Martial of last year would push Son for a spot, but this year not so much.
Personally Zlatan would not beat Kane to the #9 role and I'd not have any of theirs ahead of Alli or Eriksen.

The boys done good

DAXShJ-XcAEgIZa.jpg

Looking at what amazing prospects we have in CCV, KWP, Winks and Onomah etc, I'd only purchase Sessegnon this summer and that's it.

Sell Njie and obviously Sissoko. Loan or sell Nkoudou and maybe sell Davies if we got a huge bid from a non rival, on the basis that Sessegnon and KWP can play left wing back.

But no non rival is gona bid huge for Davies and he can also play centre back so worth keeping.

Looking at what amazing prospects we have in CCV, KWP, Winks and Onomah etc, I'd only purchase Sessegnon this summer and that's it.

Sell Njie and obviously Sissoko. Loan or sell Nkoudou and maybe sell Davies if we got a huge bid from a non rival, on the basis that Sessegnon and KWP can play left wing back.

But no non rival is gona bid huge for Davies and he can also play centre back so worth keeping.

So if Danny Rose is not fit to start the season, or gets another injury, do you think Sessegnon (or KWP) can slot right in to first team PL? Same if Teippier (assuming Walker goes) gets injured?
KWP and Sessegnon both look very good prospects but I'm not sure they are quite ready to be sole back ups just yet.

So if Danny Rose is not fit to start the season, or gets another injury, do you think Sessegnon (or KWP) can slot right in to first team PL? Same if Teippier (assuming Walker goes) gets injured?
KWP and Sessegnon both look very good prospects but I'm not sure they are quite ready to be sole back ups just yet.

Contrary to popular belief, Walker isn't going anywhere and never was.

Purchasing only Sessegnon would see us standing still.... thus going backwards. I would go for Pereira (only if Walker goes), Lemar, Meyer, Dolberg, Maguire and Sessegnon. All are 24 and under, Meyer and Maguire only have a year left so won't cost much overall, Dolberg and Lemar would add goals/assists at European level and Sessegnon can take a year in and around the squad to get used to PL as a ready made replacement should Rose leave in 12-24 months.

Those 6 players would cost nowhere near in outlay what everyone else will spend in the top 6 yet they would significantly improve our 11 and squad.

In the outs I would go Bentaleb, Fazio, N'jie, Sissoko and Walker if he is desperate to go. Those sales would bring in near to £100m with Bentaleb confirmed at £16m I believe, Fazio at £4m, Sissoko for £20m or so, N'jie for £8m and Walker at £45/50m. If we had a net spend after that then it would be minimal, around £10-£15m max imo

Back