• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The slightly girly Health, Fitness & Diet Thread

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Lost three pounds so far this year; going to have to up my game if I'm going to lose 1 stone by the first weekend in Feb.

Started the running & ran just shy of 10 miles the other night. Too bad then that I had McDonalds the day after! Can't believe that a Big Tasty burger with bacon is 900 calories! Add on chips and the banana milkshake & I mat as well not have bothered going fir the run!

Started fresh today with diet & going running again tomorrow night.

Add skipping/jump rope to your plan, try the boxing timing -> 3 minutes rope, 1 minute rest or pushups/burpees, x3

Good for when you don't have a whole lot of time or just want to add a little extra to your plan.

gone from 14st 6lbs to a steady 14st since 1st Jan through cutting out sugary crap and eating mostly veg and drinking water and tea

can't really do any excercise other than weights (knee injury), so finding it difficult to get lower than 14st

It sounds stupid but I've started having a kick about with mates more often, I think that's something that is helping stamina wise as I plan to start playing football properly again. Also attempting to go for a half hour/forty five minute walk every day.

I'm not looking to lose weight by any means, could probably do with putting some on but my main plan is to become more healthy as to be able to play football at a high standard and more regularly..

I have lost 2.4 lbs so far this year. Now weight 12st 7, target is 11 by June as I go to Ibiza then.

Used to be a bit of a fitness fanatic, well gym 4 times every week without fail. Got in really good shape for about 3 years then moved flat and switched gym and stopped going. If my gym isnt right next to work then I just cant go so rejoined my old gym. Its ?ú100 a month but well worth it, facilities are superb.

Trouble is I'm so unfit now I cant actually do a work out long enough to burn off the calories I want to per session.

Went to the gym tonight and ran about 4-5 miles on the treadmill. I have had a mostly healthy food day too so I'm pretty pleased with the first day.

The part I'm not looking forward to is the Chinese buffet on Thursday. I know that's going to be a mountain full of calories that I will have to spend time to burn off.

Done my spartacus routine last and nearly died as I hadn't eaten all afternoon. Always remember to grab some food an hour or so before any workout.

Especially if you intend to add bulk. No point starving yourself then; just eat the right types of food, little carbohydrates & no junk.

Been working out regularly since I came back to Portsmouth, which was on the 8th of January (joined the gym on the 10th). Have done four workouts so far and my diet has been drastically improved by consuming more protein and little sugar (other than the odd cup of tea)! Every day I drink three pints of milk a day since it adds a large amount of calories onto my daily total and provides a lot of protein. The downside is that it has a lot of fat, but I burn a lot of calories during the week and have a high metabolism so I'm not really bothered. I'm quite a hard gainer, so any more tips on how to do so would be appreciated.

Have an exam later on this afternoon and will hit the gym afterwards. My legs are still killing after monday's workout but I'll be working on my chest and triceps today so will be okay after a warm-up. Shoulders are hurting a bit too but nothing drastic.

well just found out my there is no issue with knee in the MRI scan results but they know the problem is with the knee cap

anterior knee pain apparantely - an area which has had little research into it so they dont really know what to do except suggest physio (all the physio to date has made the issue worse if anything!)

guess i wont be getting fit anytime soon

Monkeybarry, you don't need to run to get fit (it makes it easier)

Even if you are just restricted to weights, you can do superset/interval/high intensity training that will raise your heart rate and help your cardio fitness as well as strength.

Can you jump, do step ups, burpees, skip rope ??? all can be added into intervals/supersets.

Monkeybarry, you don't need to run to get fit (it makes it easier)

Even if you are just restricted to weights, you can do superset/interval/high intensity training that will raise your heart rate and help your cardio fitness as well as strength.

Can you jump, do step ups, burpees, skip rope ??? all can be added into intervals/supersets.

thanks for the advice Raziel.

im doing some free weights at home, but thats about it.

tbh any movement of my knee hurts like hell (even sitting reletively statically), so anything envolving moving my knee with any pressure behind it is out. (i cant even walk for half hour without it being an issue)

Ok, again I have gone down with a kunting throat infection! Feel like brick, at work pushing myself through it. So much for doing running at the gym every night! :( my quest to lose a stone by Feb 4th has failed.

thanks for the advice Raziel.

im doing some free weights at home, but thats about it.

tbh any movement of my knee hurts like hell (even sitting reletively statically), so anything envolving moving my knee with any pressure behind it is out. (i cant even walk for half hour without it being an issue)

Feel for you (have a history of knee issues myself), injuries suck.

Be careful and rest it, but look at supersetting upperbody stuff, it will help raise heart rate. Even with just free wieghts at home, your options could include pushups/pullups/curls/press (shoulder and bench)/flys/ab work. I would consider one big movement (pushup/pullup/press) and do either a superset of three (do one of each with no rest between, rest after 3rd) or just do 30 secs of each (as many reps as you can) with a one minute rest.

Good luck and do what you can.

How much is a stone? 14kg?

That's a lot of weight to lose in 2 weeks, mate. Not sure if it's healthy

6.3Kg (14lbs), tough ask in two weeks, depends on starting point.

Highly unlikely you will do it based on exercise alone, got to adjust diet. If you had a really brick diet with a lot of sugar/carbs, you might get close because you would shed a fair amount of water in first 4-6 days.

Was a month long effort starting from 4th January. I can't do the last 2 weeks if i'm ill. Anyone have any recommendations for the food and drink I should be having to recover?

i am, right now, a disgrace to myself. Absolutely stuck in neutral. Got to get going again, uninspired work outs and two brick games this week. I need to re-work a new program and catch the buzz off it...oh, and get back to no whites/low low sugars again (I don't stuff ice-cream, etc but I ned to make sure there's next to no sugar anywhere for optimal health)...

Cardio work (running, x-trainer etc) will burn a lot of calories when doing the exercise, but not much after. Doing core work, like using kettle bells, will carry on buring calories for up to 24 hours after you finish the workout.

Around the world press ups and the plank are also very good for this

Back