• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run-in...

billyiddo

Teddy Sheringham
Staff member
eSz0kqp.png

so, 10 games left - who's going to finish where?

Hardest runs got to United, Scum, then Pool

Spurs and SCBC have easiest runs

Our fate lies in two games, home against United next week and SCBC away, win both and CL might be real, lose/draw, 6th ..

I can honestly see Man UTD dropping right off before May. Arsenal and Liverpool will take it at a canter unless teams like Stoke and Swansea cause an upset.

Our final month will be tough, Stoke and Everton away and Emirates Marketing Project at home. We really need 25-26 points from these last 10 games imo

agree that United will be out of it soon enough - ourselves, Liverpool, Chelsea and City in their next 5 games - not going to be easy.

Expect Arse and 'pool to be 3rd/4th - we've a good channce of 5th though and hopefully pushing either of them hard for 4th

Wow, I really don't understand why some people think we have an easy run-in. 4 at home 6 away. And of those away games United and Southampton very tough. Stoke is never easy and Burnley will be fighting hard. I never thought I would say it but Saudi Sportswashing Machine might be the easier of the 6 with Everton next, providing they dont need to win to stay up on the last day.
I think we may have to settle for more Thursday nights next season

No one has an easy run in, there is not a single easy game in this league. QPR are in the bottom three, was that an easy game? Look at Leicester, they give most teams a game. Also can't believe the naivety of people on here to be writing off Man U...

3rd Arsenal
4th United
5th Liverpool
6th Us
7th Southampton

We've an easy run-in (only the 2 Manc games stand-out), but the teams above us will not drop many points. Same as always happens really.

There is no easy game at this stage of the season. Experience will count and I expect arsenal and man u or Liverpool to get 3rd and 4th.

Next season try again. Get in a new experienced centre back and centre mid and a new striker.

There is no easy game at this stage of the season. Experience will count and I expect arsenal and man u or Liverpool to get 3rd and 4th.

Next season try again. Get in a new experienced centre back and centre mid and a new striker.

Whilst I agree with your logic... Liverpool have experienced it once, United have experienced it plenty of times but not with this team or manager. Arsenal yep they always seem to do it

Can someone plot the points for each side based on last seasons results? That would be an interesting forecast because looking at the other thread united are 1 point up like for like, and arse and Liverpool are well behind. Can they keep up the great form continuously with potentially the cup as well

I agree its having been there before that will work in the others' advantage, while Soton will drift off because of their small squad. The big teams don't drop points at the business end - Arsenal in spring '12 was the textbook case

I don't think we need to try and buy in a new team again. Just let this great young group mature and grow together. New players will risk breaking the unity and team spirit. Lets just promote Veljkovic, Alli/Winks and Onomah/Pritchard/Oduwa instead and keep backing our new philosophy, which has delivered so much better than the transfer market of late.

Whilst I agree with your logic... Liverpool have experienced it once, United have experienced it plenty of times but not with this team or manager. Arsenal yep they always seem to do it

Can someone plot the points for each side based on last seasons results? That would be an interesting forecast because looking at the other thread united are 1 point up like for like, and arse and Liverpool are well behind. Can they keep up the great form continuously with potentially the cup as well

I think we'd possibly end up top, as I think we won 8 of those 10 fixtures last year.

Let's hope cuz logic has no thinh to do here, all these teams won games which could have another results according to the match UTD against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Arsenal against QPR, Liverpool against us and Us against every one:p.

We'll need a minimum of 70 points to get top 4, that's 20 points from the remaining 10 games. Possible, but unlikely. I guess there are four games I'd look at that I'd be fully confident of winning:

Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Hull (H)

Knowing Spurs, they're hardly dead certs. Leicester have already beaten us at White Hart Lane for example, Burnley have taken points off everyone in the top seven except us and Arsenal and they still need to play us both. But let's say we win all four of those. We're now on 62 points. We'll now need eight points from the remaining six games. Two wins and two draws. But they're all gonna be very hard.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away is probably the easiest on paper. We beat them 4-0 at St James Park last season. But, they beat us at WHL not too long ago. They were very unlucky not to beat Man Utd the other night. They've got a tough run before they play us, at home, which is the typical "turn things around" type victory that teams have enjoyed over Spurs for years.

Stoke away is going to be very tough - they're third in the form table since Christmas, even if our record up there is quite good.

Then Everton away on the final day of the season. Martinez teams tend to explode into form in the final third of the season (27 points from the final 12 games last year!). We haven't won at Goodison in eight years and we've lost three of the last four there, it's not exactly a ground I'm confident of going to and getting a result.

Those are the easy three. The others are even tougher.

Southampton away is going to be a really hard game - by that point it's going to be do or die for them and they've got the added incentive of beating Pochettino on his first return to St Marys.

Man Utd away is never going to be easy, even if we've won our last two there. Their record in the big games has been pretty good this season. The likely result of this one is us taking the game to them and being the better side but losing to a jammy deflected goal or bad refereeing decision.

And of course, Emirates Marketing Project at the Lane. They'll probably go into that game knowing they will be out of the title race and their season will end trophyless if they lose. Echoes of 2013? Perhaps. But let's not forget that they've scored 15 in their last three games against us - will require a big performance.

It's not impossible. But it will require a few of our under performing players stepping up. I'm looking at at least two of Townsend, Lamela, Soldado and Adebayor that will need to hit some decent, consistent form over the rest of the season. And if any of Kane, Eriksen or Bentaleb pick up an injury then we're in real trouble.

^ it's funny those 4 you highlight are the games i am most worried about, judging by our performances/results this season!

^ it's funny those 4 you highlight are the games i am most worried about, judging by our performances/results this season!

We've generally been very good at finishing off the smaller sides this season. Sunderland away in September (a game where we missed a lot of chances to kill it off before Kane's OG) is the only game against the bottom seven that we've dropped points in this season. Impressive.

Back