• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Right Back Thread

There are plenty of people in charge of the purse strings at PL clubs who over pay for players, the idea of a young international right back being sold in the 10-15m price bracket isn't really that outlandish.

Also buying a player from South America and buying a player from a Premier League club are different exchanges where the first deals value is not really much of a reference point/consideration
I agree with most of that, I was just commenting on the poster who claimed £10m would represent Foyth being ‘so bad’. On what he has shown for us, £10m would be a decent if unspectacular return and in this climate I don’t envisage people paying much more than that....

I agree with most of that, I was just commenting on the poster who claimed £10m would represent Foyth being ‘so bad’. On what he has shown for us, £10m would be a decent if unspectacular return and in this climate I don’t envisage people paying much more than that....
So a 25% profit on a player that’s not really played for us
That’s decent isn’t it?
Better than the money we lost on so many players signed during the last 5 years
And using Aurier as a comparison we will very likely lose money on him yet he is at a peak age.

People keep banging on about him playing RB for Argentina, what relevance is that for any club looking to buy him? Club football is completely different, and especially Premier League football which is faster than any other. I’m well aware you don’t like Aurier but he is far more proven, yes he’s made errors but has as many assists to his name. Facts are Foyth for all his potential, he has been here a good amount of time now and has made several errors already in his limited game time. He has two years left on his contract. If we get £10m that is profit on a guy who hasn’t progressed for us, and a decent chuck of money towards an area we need strengthening - what he is doing for Argentina is irrelevant.....
Yep, there's been plenty of players who 'earn' a cap for Argentina/Brazil so that their agent can get a better price in Europe.

All i will say is that i hope he stays, he has talent and i hope he gets the chance to prove it under Jose.

Players who are ‘proven’ in the PL will have a premium for other PL clubs. Unfortunately Foyth is anything but proven. I think we’ll get between £6m and £10m for him.

All i will say is that i hope he stays, he has talent and i hope he gets the chance to prove it under Jose.

Done pretty well at RB and CB at the Copa America at the start of this season. Arrived late to us and I think injured/unfit and all the so called Poch plans to get him playing RB regularly were ruined.

Not saying that should cost him a whole season but with a new manager coming in it was hard for him to then make an impact.

If Jose likes his mentality then he may get another chance.

Done pretty well at RB and CB at the Copa America at the start of this season. Arrived late to us and I think injured/unfit and all the so called Poch plans to get him playing RB regularly were ruined.

Not saying that should cost him a whole season but with a new manager coming in it was hard for him to then make an impact.

If Jose likes his meteorology then he may get another chance.

I really hope so, still young and if he can stay injury free he could be a player for us.

Was very impressed in the few games I saw him play
But I also was impressed with Aurier in France

We were linked with him last summer, I have seen Arsenal linked this summer. I think that he's looked good when I have seen him but Lille sit deep, so there might be question marks about his suitability if Poch or ten Hag come in.

We were linked with him last summer, I have seen Arsenal linked this summer. I think that he's looked good when I have seen him but Lille sit deep, so there might be question marks about his suitability if Poch or ten Hag come in.
Arsenal will be linked with plenty to keep their fans happy but I dont see them buying many quality players

Arsenal will be linked with plenty to keep their fans happy but I dont see them buying many quality players
I think Arsenal will take on more debt to provide transfer funds to the manager. Their debt position is extremely low compared to ours with them having a very similar turnover to us so this would be a sensible move for them as a net buyer to take advantage of the likely depressed transfer fee market this summer.

Back