• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Right Back Thread

We should never have sold kyle walker. It was the pussy move bowing to his and city’s collusion.

To this day he remains one of the best in his position and since we have signed numerous average replacements.

Poch’s response to his request to leave was plain wrong. Ideologically yes but a club like us with limited funds, definitely wrong.

He should have laughed at him, told him to shut up, you’re not going anywhere under any circumstances, 2 week fine and get on the training ground day and night.

We should never have sold kyle walker. It was the pussy move bowing to his and city’s collusion.

To this day he remains one of the best in his position and since we have signed numerous average replacements.

Poch’s response to his request to leave was plain wrong. Ideologically yes but a club like us with limited funds, definitely wrong.

He should have laughed at him, told him to shut up, you’re not going anywhere under any circumstances, 2 week fine and get on the training ground day and night.
Selling Walker wasn't the problem, it was who we replaced him with. Ricardo Perriera who is now at Leicester was the very strong link the summer Walker moved. He would have been an excellent replacement, better suited to what Poch wanted imo but that move didn't materialise and instead we got Aurier who decent but far from perfect.

Selling Walker wasn't the problem, it was who we replaced him with. Ricardo Perriera who is now at Leicester was the very strong link the summer Walker moved. He would have been an excellent replacement, better suited to what Poch wanted imo but that move didn't materialise and instead we got Aurier who decent but far from perfect.
He was injured that summer which made it harder
Very good right back though

In all likelihood Perriera would have been better than the dross that followed but still he is no kyle walker, who remains top draw to this day.

To say selling kyle walker wasn’t the issue is absurd and along with dembele’s fitness demise, walkers sale was key in our dramatic downturn towards the end of Poch’s reign.

In fairness Trippier took over from Walker and did a thoroughly decent job before going on to win La Liga. I hated that sale. He returned injured from WC and played through it and his form dipped. He wanted out but I would have liked to have kept him.

If we are (as reported) looking to convert Traore to a RWB it got me thinking who else we could sign and convert.

How about Ward-Prowse? Looks to have all the attributes to me. The main one being he would put in pin point crosses all game long. His defensive work is already sound and has all the Prem experience we need. Would kill 2 birds with 1 stone with a problem position covered and we’d finally have a set piece taker.

If we are (as reported) looking to convert Traore to a RWB it got me thinking who else we could sign and convert.

How about Ward-Prowse? Looks to have all the attributes to me. The main one being he would put in pin point crosses all game long. His defensive work is already sound and has all the Prem experience we need. Would kill 2 birds with 1 stone with a problem position covered and we’d finally have a set piece taker.

I would take JWP to play in our midfield next to Skipp.

Far better player than ndombele, winks, lo celso and hojbjerg who is looking more and more bang average with every passing game.

As it is we should be looking at even higher quality than JWP but should the outside investment never materialise and we are stuck with lewis, then JWP should be someone we should prioritise.

Or maybe just get a good quality player who already plays WB? [emoji848][emoji854]

He's filled in there a couple of times for Southampton. I'm sure he's stated he only wants to play CM. Can't see Southampton selling him, nor would he want to come to learn a new position

In all likelihood Perriera would have been better than the dross that followed but still he is no kyle walker, who remains top draw to this day.

To say selling kyle walker wasn’t the issue is absurd and along with dembele’s fitness demise, walkers sale was key in our dramatic downturn towards the end of Poch’s reign.
Teams lose good players all the time, it's the nature of football. The good teams replace those players well and in good time. That is the cause of our downturn.

You must constantly improve your squad otherwise you go backwards and that's exactly what happened to us. Couple that with poor replacements when we did eventually buy and there you have the conundrum that is Spurs in the ENIC era.

Back