• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Dropping 4pts out of 57pts is phenomenal home form. I think the great Liverpool side of the 70s only did that once (could be wrong though)
FWIW...

Emirates Marketing Project only dropped 2pts (a 3-3 draw with Sunderland) at home in 2011/12.
Man Utd only dropped 2pts (a 1-1 draw with WBA) at home in 2010/11.
Chelsea only dropped 2pts (a 1-1 draw with Charlton) at home in 2005/06.

Unsurprisingly, all those sides won the league... although it's slightly galling to think that ManU only won 5 away fixtures that season and needed just 80pts to finish top o_O

FWIW...

Emirates Marketing Project only dropped 2pts (a 3-3 draw with Sunderland) at home in 2011/12.
Man Utd only dropped 2pts (a 1-1 draw with WBA) at home in 2010/11.
Chelsea only dropped 2pts (a 1-1 draw with Charlton) at home in 2005/06.

Unsurprisingly, all those sides won the league... although it's slightly galling to think that ManU only won 5 away fixtures that season and needed just 80pts to finish top o_O
Which clever clogs on here can google an post the number of times based on points that our current total would have won the league? I would but it's time to watch Have I Got News for You.

Points_Distribution_Table.png

Need to do better against the mid table also-rans. Equal amount of points against the bottom half teams.

I'm pretty sure we won't be able to match this phenomenal home form next year. 50 points at home would be great. That means we would need close to 40 points away to fight for the title. A couple of wins away vs the top 6 would do just fine.

We could do better next year by turning those draws at Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Brom into wins. In each of those games, we were out of sorts and didn't deserve to take 3 points. I'm hoping that with a solid pre-season and a rested squad we can push on.

Back