• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Quite something to think that after 25 games if I were to tell you that we would win every remaining game left of the league season, Chelsea would still have won the league yesterday. Have to say well done to them unfortunately. If we were to end of 86 points, that would have on many an occasion have ended up with us as champions. I think there would only be a handful of sides that have ever finished with 86 points or more.

Quite something to think that after 25 games if I were to tell you that we would win every remaining game left of the league season, Chelsea would still have won the league yesterday. Have to say well done to them unfortunately. If we were to end of 86 points, that would have on many an occasion have ended up with us as champions. I think there would only be a handful of sides that have ever finished with 86 points or more.

86 would have been enough some years (3 of the last 6 titles). The last few champions:

15/16 Leicester 81
14/15 Chelsea 87
13/14 Emirates Marketing Project 86
12/13 Man Utd 89
11/12 Emirates Marketing Project 89
10/11 Man Utd 80

We're not far away. We are probably more of a 75 point team that can get 85 in a good season. We wanna be a 90 point team that gets 80 points in a below par season. We've learnt how to dominate our home games and we beat most of the lower half teams away. We just need a couple more wins against the top half teams away from home. Only one way win against the current top 10. This picture illustrates it nicely:

Taken from http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=23

fixtures.jpg

86 would have been enough some years (3 of the last 6 titles). The last few champions:

15/16 Leicester 81
14/15 Chelsea 87
13/14 Emirates Marketing Project 86
12/13 Man Utd 89
11/12 Emirates Marketing Project 89
10/11 Man Utd 80

We're not far away. We are probably more of a 75 point team that can get 85 in a good season. We wanna be a 90 point team that gets 80 points in a below par season. We've learnt how to dominate our home games and we beat most of the lower half teams away. We just need a couple more wins against the top half teams away from home. Only one way win against the current top 10. This picture illustrates it nicely:

Taken from http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=23

View attachment 3302
really good to see it like that. Can see exactly where we can be disappointed.

I think the next 3/4 years will be fiercely competitive between the top 6. Whoever can come out of that period may well end up with a period of dominance. It's crucial we get signings correct and not let the team break up.

How about this?!

player%20expenditure%202000%202016%20mkii_zpswkehdbek.png
Very nice thank you. I will use that now!

Cann Table after 37 games played

90pts Chelsea (+48GD)
83pts
Tottenham (+54GD)
75pts
Emirates Marketing Project (+36GD)
73pts
Liverpool (+33GD)
72pts Arsenal (+31GD)
66pts
Manchester United (+23GD)

Remaining fixtures: Tottenham / ManU / Emirates Marketing Project / Liverpool / Chelsea / Arsenal

21st: Hull (a) / Palace (h) / Watford (a) / M'boro (h) / S'land (h) / Everton (h)
24/27th: .......... / Ajax (n) / .......... / .......... / ......... / Arsenal (n) / Chelsea (n)

The gods really hate us, 86 points would have won the PL title 10 fudging times ...

The Bin Dippers must've felt the same way in 2009!

Although 86pts is slightly below average for title winners over the past dozen years...

2016: Leicester 81pts (+32) ; Arsenal 71pts (+29)
2015: Chelsea 87pts (+41) ; Emirates Marketing Project 79pts (+45)
2014: Emirates Marketing Project 86pts (+65) ; Liverpool 84pts (+51)
2013: Man Utd 89pts (+43) ; Emirates Marketing Project 78pts (+32)
2012: Emirates Marketing Project 89pts (+64) ; Man Utd 89pts (+56)
2011: Man Utd 80pts (+41) ; Chelsea 71pts (+36)
2010: Chelsea 86pts (+71) ; Man Utd 85pts (+58)
2009: Man Utd 90pts (+44) ; Liverpool 86pts (+50)
2008: Man Utd 87pts (+58) ; Chelsea 85pts (+39)
2007: Man Utd 89pts (+56) ; Chelsea 83pts (+40)
2006: Chelsea 91pts (+50) ; Man Utd 83pts (+38)
2005: Chelsea 95pts (+57) ; Arsenal 83pts (+51)

AVERAGE: 1st place 88pts ; 2nd place 81pts

I think last season on its own rightly had people wondering whether we were involved in the title race because the usual top teams were under performing - following it up with 83-86 points this season should put that thinking to bed, we are legit and will be there or thereabouts again next season

I think last season on its own rightly had people wondering whether we were involved in the title race because the usual top teams were under performing - following it up with 83-86 points this season should put that thinking to bed, we are legit and will be there or thereabouts again next season

We will get another 80 point + season next year too
Were here to stay under Poch of that I'm sure

@SteveAWOL & @the dza - great posts - feel slightly better now that 86 points would quite often mean you come 2nd.

Our aim has to be repeat this performance next season.
I think we could easily drop 10-12 points at home so we need a massive improvement away from home. I just can't see us repeating that level of home performance at Wembley or possibly ever again. Winning 17 out of 19 is a phenomenal achievement! My target would be looking to increase our away wins to 12/13 out of 19.

I'm not worried about Wembley next season. We will smash a couple of sh1te teams there and get some confidence, we are a very good team.

If we can hit some form in the early part of next season and go top early-ish, I think we will win the league. I think this team would be unstoppable as front-runners, a little like Chelsea have been this season.

I'm not worried about Wembley next season. We will smash a couple of sh1te teams there and get some confidence, we are a very good team.

If we can hit some form in the early part of next season and go top early-ish, I think we will win the league. I think this team would be unstoppable as front-runners, a little like Chelsea have been this season.
Wembley and it's horrific, unfeasibly large pitch will prepare us for our move back to The Naming Rights Stadium - aka The New Lane.

I'm not too worried about Wembley, but I feel that a positive start is essential. If we get a couple of wins in our first games there, I have no worry. A couple of bad ones on the other hand, might have a bad effect.

Dropping 4pts out of 57pts is phenomenal home form. I think the great Liverpool side of the 70s only did that once (could be wrong though)

Back