1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

The 'Players Who've Caught My Eye' Thread

Discussion in 'General Football' started by AberYid, 4 Sep 2013.

1. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Chelsea were good for 20 minutes. Hull were lucky not to even come back and get a draw, they just had Danny Graham upfront. They brought Hudd and Livermore on and they bossed the game.

2. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Chris Perry

And yet Hull only had 3 shots all game, whilst Chelsea had 16.

Chelsea edged possession with 51.4% of play.

Attacking territory won by Chelsea who had 56.7%.

Chelsea had 5 corners, Hull had one. Chelsea also completed more passes and had more passes in the attacking areas.

Stats obtained from Opta App. But, I can see how that means that Hull bossed the game.

3. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Oh look, stats :ross:

4. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Chris Perry

And how were you planning to prove how dominant Hull were?

5. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

I dont need to prove it. I watched it, it was on TV. I dont need to look at stats or do some google searches.

6. SlumDilla

SlumDilla Michael Brown

I've watched every Hull game and have to say Hudd has had some immense games for them. Though he does get caught out against quicker opposition his calmness on the ball and ability to play the right pass serve Hull well. His tackling and positioning have also improved alot, he seems to be in the right place right time and at times when he is beat by the midfield runner he is able to making a last ditch tackle ( and due to his long legs) and actually make it count. If Hull do go down, i have no doubt he'll be on alot of teams radar. Hopefully his performances also get him an England recall.

7. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

I agree to an extent you can't judge a game purely on stats, but don't you need to have some shots and force the keeper to erm... cough make some saves? Having possession and doing nothing with it for example isn't dominating in my view.

8. onlyme

onlyme Banned

=D>
    Great post.

9. onlyme

onlyme Banned

Hudd will keep 'em up IMO. I think you might be a little biased judging by your avatar but he is an excellent player.

10. clevelandspur

clevelandspur Pascal Chimbonda

Really impressed again today by Delph he is turning into a class player also saw the difference Benteke made when he came on. Really think we should make a run at the lad with a serious bid in January or next summer

11. metalgear

metalgear Paul Walsh

yeah saw that too. Aleksanar Tonev was also very good yesterday - hardworking good mobility and touch

12. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Steffen Iversen Staff Member

I think Luna is a good player. Think Townsend knackered him out though

13. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Chris Perry

I've already talked this season about how highly I rate Delph. I continued to be impressed by him, he works hard, wins the ball back and plays a good pass. In addition to that, he seems confident on the ball, doesn't always release it when he needs to but I think he's developing that skill, and seems to be one of the driving forces for the Villa team. He's consistently thought of as being their Man of the Match by the Villa fans.

As for other players, Curtis Davies has played well defensively for Hull so far this season.

14. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

I really rate young Henry the left back at Brentford.

15. Rorschach

Rorschach Tony Galvin

I just scanned this thread and basically none of you will get a job as a scout.

16. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

Timo Werner at Leipzig would be a good signing.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc likes this.
  17. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Paul Walsh

Yeah good player.... I was bigging him up and hoping we would sign him back when he was at Walsall.

18. Finney Is Back

The young player that I would love us to get now before his profile and price tag balloon like Sessegnon's, is George Hirst from Sheffield Wednesday, David Hirst's son.

Like his Dad, George is a complete centre forward, big strong, pacy enough, good skill and an excellent finisher with either foot or his head.

He could easily become a brilliant number 9.

19. Finney Is Back

Going back and reading this for the first time. All quite interesting. The one I cannot believe you didn't rate was Robbie Keane. I saw him play for Wolves at 17 and knew instantly that he would make it to the very top, his movement was incredible, his skill level unbelievable, great vision, a brilliant finisher for someone do young, but above all he had huge confidence which is massively important in a young player.

I can remember back then my Dad was doing a few deals with Adidas for some of the players that he represented... and my Dad going to their main guy, Graham, who was responsible for signing up young players in England before their value and telling gone through the roof. My Dad called Graham and told him Adidas would be mad not to sign Robbie (I think he had a small deal with Nike at the time). A couple of years later Graham said to my Dad.... I wish i had listened to you, we can't get him off Nike now with the deal they have now given him.

20. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Naybet

Well i got one whose come through lol.....nothing new in the cupboard down here at the moment though.

El Guepardo and Rorschach like this.