• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'Players Who've Caught My Eye' Thread

Impressed with Ward RB from Palace, Redmond at Norwich and the two CM lads at Villa Westwood and Delph. Weimann as well from Villa looks quality although I think many noticed him last season

With you on Delph......as with N'Zonzi above if he can keep his sh*t together, it could be a breakout season for Delph

Big year, and i predict a big move (next year) for N'Zonzi if he can keep himself together off the pitch.

I thought he looked really good at Blackburn, no surprise he looked more mediocre as he and the rest of Stoke's midfield were reduced to tackling and heading only under Pulis. Looked himself again under Hughes.

Not sure about a big move next summer, but he could definitely be one to watch.

mile jedinak - crystal palce - looked a handful when he played us. strong, involved and good reading of the game.

Will Hughes and Jonjo Shelvey bossed the England U21 game the other night as a CM duo.

Hughes in particular is the best English talent I've seen since Rooney - IMO he'll succeed Gerrard/Lampard and be a fixture in CM for the next 10-15 years. He reminds me quite a bit of a young Gascoigne.

Will Hughes and Jonjo Shelvey bossed the England U21 game the other night as a CM duo.

Hughes in particular is the best English talent I've seen since Rooney - IMO he'll succeed Gerrard/Lampard and be a fixture in CM for the next 10-15 years. He reminds me quite a bit of a young Gascoigne.

That is heap big praise. Never seen him but you are not the only one.

Shelvey has impressed me but why did Liverpool let him go?

That is heap big praise. Never seen him but you are not the only one.

Shelvey has impressed me but why did Liverpool let him go?

It's not that big praise. Who else has been good since Rooney? Welbeck, Sturridge, Walker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rodwell? Not the greatest of competition. Hughes is a top player though.

I'd imagine Shelvey was a bit like Caulker - they weren't desperate to get rid of him, but the player wanted to be playing more?

I think Barkley is going to be an excellent player. I think I rate him higher than Hughes. To me, I like Hughes's passing but he can still improve and he will.

I struggle to see the fuss with Barkley he doesn't look like a top class player, he looks like a good player and not a lot else. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, who knows.

I struggle to see the fuss with Barkley he doesn't look like a top class player, he looks like a good player and not a lot else. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, who knows.

I saw him at Wednesday last season and he didn't look that great there. We was good, but not properly standout.

Barkley is a star in my view. I think he has it all.

Good passer, strong, powerful, good size to him, he's a good finisher when needed, works ridiculously hard. I think he'd flourish next to someone with creativity, sadly someone like Wheelchair. Obviously I'd rather have someone like Carroll next to him and see how they do but I think he'd compliment someone like that very very well.

...............Barkley......Creative...............
.......................Carrick...........................

for me would be briliant, but it'd NEVER happen. Mainly because Carrick never gets caps.

He only came on for the last half hour, he wasn't even first choice

Carroll bossed midfield, everything went through him for the first hour

But the man of the match for me was Wilfried Zaha, he was incredible, far better than Redmond

Not playing in the Prem but I think Ismail at Wolves has a bright future ahead of him. Not seen a lot of him but he reminds me of a Glen Johnson type of player.

Not playing in the Prem but I think Ismail at Wolves has a bright future ahead of him. Not seen a lot of him but he reminds me of a Glen Johnson type of player.

He was good on FM a few years back. Sort of declined in recent seasons on that, probably due to Wolves' decline. Never seen him play though, does he get called up to England youth sides?

He only came on for the last half hour, he wasn't even first choice

Carroll bossed midfield, everything went through him for the first hour

But the man of the match for me was Wilfried Zaha, he was incredible, far better than Redmond

I meant the Scotland match, not the Moldova one.

I've actually seen Hughes and Carroll play together a couple of times at Derby (I don't live far away and sometimes go to mid-week matches at Pride Park).

Hughes is definitely the much better prospect of the two. Carroll was in his shadow, despite being a year older.

For me it was very similar to watching Gascoigne and Samways c.1990. For all Samways' (Carroll's) tidy and incisive passing, it was Gascoigne's (Hughes') ability running with the ball as well that put him on a higher plane. They (Gascoigne and Hughes) are almost a synthesis of Modric and Bale with those two aspects of their game.

Back