• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Not that it should stop you playing of course.. But I think some of those sports such as Handball, Basketball, Volleyball etc that were given a fair bit of funding and entry into the games this time because of home advantage will prob suffer now because of their poor results... bit harsh when you consider the tiny % of the overall budget they require.

I don't know about Handball and Volleyball, but British Basketball shouldn't need THAT much funding. The reality is that all the players play professionally around Europe and the NBA, the only staff that need funding at the elite level are the coaching staff.

I dunno how much funding the grass roots level gets but I think most clubs play in school gyms etc... as most have Basketball courts

Paul Merton has been stripped off his gold medal.

If ever there was someone on drugs it was him sorry her...

Paul Merton has been stripped off his gold medal.

If ever there was someone on drugs it was him sorry her...

I wonder if he can now retract his twitter apology?

British discus thrower Brett Morse has removed Twitter comments accusing Belarusian women's shot put gold medallist Nadzeya Ostapchuk of doping.
On Monday, Welshman Morse failed to qualify for the Olympics discus final and later tweeted: "I've had a bad day but it could be worse, I could look like Ostaptchuk [sic]."
He then made the doping accusation.
Morse's agent, Jamie Baulch told the BBC: "I'm going to tell him to remove it".
On hearing of Morse's comments, retired athlete Baulch added: "I think people say things on Twitter and they don't realise who's listening".
And a spokesman for Sport Wales, which is responsible for improving sport performance in Wales said: "Twitter and other forms of social media have proven a great way for Welsh sport to promote itself.
"However, they are very public forums and individuals have a personal responsibility for how they use them."

What!! Just look how we beat the scum, chavs and City to get there was a magnificent achievement as was outplaying the chavs in the CC. Great days.

However, I dont see the correlation with Daley.

So finishing 4th is wonderful but finishing 3rd isn't worth brick? :-k

So finishing 4th is wonderful but finishing 3rd isn't worth brick? :-k

To be fair I see finishing 4th in the PL much more of an achievement than coming 3rd in some of these stupid sports (stupid sports that I enjoyed watching I might add).

But as far as the Olympics are concerned, gold or nothing for me. I'd bin a bronze medal.

The only time DHSF hasn;t said say he would, you know she's ugly in that case ;)

Apparently they found something in her urine sample.....her **** and balls.

The only time DHSF hasn;t said say he would, you know she's ugly in that case ;)

Apparently they found something in her urine sample.....her **** and balls.

That's actually true... I just don't like guys...

To be fair I see finishing 4th in the PL much more of an achievement than coming 3rd in some of these stupid sports (stupid sports that I enjoyed watching I might add).

But as far as the Olympics are concerned, gold or nothing for me. I'd bin a bronze medal.

Third best in the world for these sports. 4th best in England. I know which is better.

I read that the gold medal is not actually all gold... Apparently its a concoction of metallic elements etc.

I was under the impression its gold.

mmm

There's a CNN video on YouTube showing how they are made by The Royal Mint. each one is engraved with the event. They do look lovely.

Last edited:
I was just surprised then again would make sense as gold is fairly pricey. There were 300 events right so 300 gold medals - around that

Apparently there were 4700 medals made.

Gold worth £400
Silver £200
Bronze £3 - bin it. If you come 3rd in a sport that barely anyone tries to be good at, it's not an achievement.

Third best in the world for these sports. 4th best in England. I know which is better.

Well put it this way, you play for Spurs and you are a rich man and possibly well known all around the world.

You come 3rd in Judo and you have 5 minutes of fame in your own country. These sports that barely anyone takes seriously, you have to be the best for it to be impressive. No one sees losing in the semi final of a football cup as impressive.

Back