• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Were now only 4 days away from the Olympics starting, Im really looking forward to it, the stadia that has been built are incredible...

Its going to be an amazing watch, couldnt see an Olympic thread to put all in so started one here

http://m.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/day=2012-07-27/index.html

531472_482796125083936_750265126_n.jpg

I'm off to the Men's Road Race this saturday, really looking forward to it! That's the only event I have a ticket for, should be a great laugh and am delighted to be a part of the Olympic experience.

Im excited, should be great, but does anyone else think the olympic stadium looks pretty brick? And cost £450m too.

Compared to Beijing olympic stadium I'm worried it will pale in comparison

I'm off to the Men's Road Race this saturday, really looking forward to it! That's the only event I have a ticket for, should be a great laugh and am delighted to be a part of the Olympic experience.

You need tickets for the road race? I assumed you would be able to just go and watch, how do they ticket 250km of road?

Im excited, should be great, but does anyone else think the olympic stadium looks pretty brick? And cost £450m too.

Compared to Beijing olympic stadium I'm worried it will pale in comparison

Not so sure, I think it looks ace from what Ive seen

You need tickets for the road race? I assumed you would be able to just go and watch, how do they ticket 250km of road?
For certain areas, such as Box Hill (Surrey) and the start/finish line you'll need tickets. Only a tenner for a spot up Box Hill, not bad at all for an Olympic event! They go round the Box Hill circuit seven times I think.

For certain areas, such as Box Hill (Surrey) and the start/finish line you'll need tickets. Only a tenner for a spot up Box Hill, not bad at all for an Olympic event! They go round the Box Hill circuit seven times I think.

I grew up about 10 minutes away from Box Hill, if its a nice day being up there would be amazing. Going up there normally to relax is good enough, I still love that view even now and I've been up there well over a hundred times. Possibly my favourite spot in the whole UK on a summers day.

Think I'm going to get a crate and sit in Hyde Park, should be a good atmosphere.

Have to say I wasn't really too fussed about the Olympics but seeing all the media focus and interest etc over where I live and loads of people all over I do like the whole buzz of it. Should be a great 2 weeks.

I asked this before but am I the only one NOT interested and dont care about Olympics? I acknowledge it is gonna be remarkable (first sporting event of this magnitude that I can remember in the country - moreso than the Euros obviously) but maybe im just not that interested.

I thought my interest would be spiked nearer to the time but in fact I cant stand it that im going away next week to Mighty toronto.

I had a free ticket to the Opening Ceremony rehearsal tonight.

Sat in my garden instead, who wants to see all that brick!

Grew up a mile from Box Hill and will be walking up there on saturday. Well excited.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with it, had to jump through hoops to get my tickets as they wouldn't deliver to my office and gave me no way to change the delivery address when I had to move at short notice, then I get an info email telling me to expect a 2 hour security queue to get into the venue (like an international flight, they said) which is going to be great fun with my 2 year old daughter, then tonight I checked journey planner and the site suggested I would have to stay over the night before as travel on the day would be to inconvenient (it's only a couple of junctions round the m25 and they want me there before rush hour)

I feel like me actually turning up to spectate the event is an inconvenience to them and they are trying to put me off

IMO the whole thing has been badly planned and decisions have been made on irrational fears, other than the few marquee finals we hold bigger sporting and musical events most weekends in this country, the only thing you had to queue for 2 hours at download for was a pint, likewise how long does it take to get through the wembley gates, even for a cup final

there is so much red tape around the whole thing it's a wonder there is any left for the marathon finish line

Saying about security checks etc, I'm not surprised they're being over-zealous on the issue. I think they've just decided to cover their arses by making everything so thorough - spectator experience won't be as big news abroad. Was speaking to some bloke at the gym earlier and he said that no-one has been allowed to work in manhole covers in London for the last few weeks (fits optical cables) due to the fear of terrorism. Not sure if this was just east London or all over...

The football starts tomorrow, doesn't it?

Heard that part of the Opening Ceremony will be a pre-recorded bit showing the Queen (the real one) annointing Daniel Craig as 'Sir James Bond'. Could be pretty epic.

I asked this before but am I the only one NOT interested and dont care about Olympics? I acknowledge it is gonna be remarkable (first sporting event of this magnitude that I can remember in the country - moreso than the Euros obviously) but maybe im just not that interested.

It's only been the last couple of weeks that has got me interested. I didn't originally apply for any tickets as the Visa only thing put me off, and was thinking of taking a holiday until a month ago.

Now having seen some of the venues and the general buzz around the games increasing (and having been offered corporate tickets for a few good events) I'm now really looking forward to it.

No doubt there are going to be people who will refuse to say anything good about the event, but it's going to be great fun being in London for the next few weeks.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with it, had to jump through hoops to get my tickets as they wouldn't deliver to my office and gave me no way to change the delivery address when I had to move at short notice, then I get an info email telling me to expect a 2 hour security queue to get into the venue (like an international flight, they said) which is going to be great fun with my 2 year old daughter, then tonight I checked journey planner and the site suggested I would have to stay over the night before as travel on the day would be to inconvenient (it's only a couple of junctions round the m25 and they want me there before rush hour)

I feel like me actually turning up to spectate the event is an inconvenience to them and they are trying to put me off

IMO the whole thing has been badly planned and decisions have been made on irrational fears, other than the few marquee finals we hold bigger sporting and musical events most weekends in this country, the only thing you had to queue for 2 hours at download for was a pint, likewise how long does it take to get through the wembley gates, even for a cup final

there is so much red tape around the whole thing it's a wonder there is any left for the marathon finish line

The security checks are necessary though, terrorists are the like are far more likely to attack a global event like the Olympics as its a global event. 2 hours seems a bit much but I imagine they are giving worst case times, they should be advising people to take as few bags as possible with the minimum of clutter. The time it takes to check a tescos bag with a few sandwiches will be a fraction of most womens bags full of makeup and the kind of rubbish they carry

Back