• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

I thought Lennon and Sig were appalling tonight. Lennon was utterly anonymous and Sig didn't give Rose any help whatsoever on the left hand side, in fact, I don't think I ever saw him on the left.

I agree. It amazes me thst Lennon has been a Spurs player for almost 9 years. The fawning over him leaves me baffled. After 9 years we still get one great game from him followed by 10 anonymous ones. He looked like a teenager making his debut last night. Not good enough.

I would add Rose to the appaling list last night too. Regardless of the penalty/red card he was useless. Always losing the ball, awful control, constantly flying in on tackles, headless chicken type runs upfield, the same zig zag cutting in to cross every time, almost every one of them being scuffed low crosses easily cut out. Danny Rose - not good enough and never will be.

Last edited:
I agree. It amazes me thst Lennon has been a Spurs player for almost 9 years. The fawning over him leaves me baffled. After 9 years we still get one great game from him followed by 10 anonymous ones. He looked like a teenager making his debut last night. Not good enough.

I would add Rose to the appaling list last night too. Regardless of the penalty/red card he was useless. Always losing the ball, awful control, constantly flying in on tackles, headless chicken type runs upfield, the same zig zag cutting in to cross every time, almost every one of them being scuffed low crosses easily cut out. Danny Rose - not good enough and never will be.

I disagree. Lennon is a consistently excellent player and his work rate is phenomenal.

I agree that he was poor last night but I thought our whole right side was quiet. I'd be really interested in seeing the game again and paying a bit more attention to why this was (I am a bit guilty of ball watching which means I saw very little of our right last night).

I don't think we should put too much into yesterday's loss, to be fair.

City were amazing to watch (like you'd expect from a Football manager team in cheat mode), and overall much better than we were. One debatable and one incredibly **** decision from the linesman (mostly the sending off/penalty, IMO) was what had the biggest outcome for the result.

Had the red card/penalty decision not been given, I'm confident we wouldn't have conceeded five goals. Most likely we'd go for an equaliser and get punished on the break, with a 0-2 or 0-3 scoreline. Or with a bit of luck, we would even manage an equaliser, to hold on to a draw. We'll never know what could have happened with 11 vs 11, but I'm 100% certain it would have resulted in a better scoreline and overall better performance on our part (we predictably fell apart when the linesman gave City even more room to pass the ball around). Even a draw, or in the unlikeliest and luckiest of circumstances, a win.

We lost to an incredibly good team, that will win the league IMO. Possibly the double/treble as well. No shame in that. The only one who should be ashamed is the linesman.

I don't think we should put too much into yesterday's loss, to be fair.

City were amazing to watch (like you'd expect from a Football manager team in cheat mode), and overall much better than we were. One debatable and one incredibly **** decision from the linesman (mostly the sending off/penalty, IMO) was what had the biggest outcome for the result.

Had the red card/penalty decision not been given, I'm confident we wouldn't have conceeded five goals. Most likely we'd go for an equaliser and get punished on the break, with a 0-2 or 0-3 scoreline. Or with a bit of luck, we would even manage an equaliser, to hold on to a draw. We'll never know what could have happened with 11 vs 11, but I'm 100% certain it would have resulted in a better scoreline and overall better performance on our part (we predictably fell apart when the linesman gave City even more room to pass the ball around). Even a draw, or in the unlikeliest and luckiest of circumstances, a win.

We lost to an incredibly good team, that will win the league IMO. Possibly the double/treble as well. No shame in that. The only one who should be ashamed is the linesman.

Agreed.

Whilst we did get outplayed at the start the fact is we were only 0-1 down and with Eriksen' dangerous set-pieces we still stood a chance of equalising and snatching a draw when it was 11 v 11.

Once that lino, Scott Ledger, wrongly awarded the penalty and got Rose sent off then there was ever going to be one winner at 0-2 and with 10 v 11 though ](*,)

My thoughts about some players in general:

Chiriches = The less said the better. Him and Dawson as a partnership is terrible.

Rose = He's certainly not as bad as some are making out. Good player but can't cross for **** and isn't as fast as i previously thought. Could improve his positional sense for sure.

Siggy = Deary me. One of my favourite players but yesterday he was abysmal...utterly hopeless and really needs to pick it up..fast.

Bentaleb = He was exposed yesterday. Obviously a big talent but i wouldn't start him every game. Dembele and Sandro is the first choice partnership imo. Bentaleb needs to improve his positional sense when the opposition have the ball.

Just in case we weren't miserable enough, here are some lovely timelines of our passing from last night.

First one, an entire 5 minutes of football during which there were no goals, substitutions, cards, etc. This was when City were just taking the ****:
70-75.jpg

Next one, the last 10 minutes (there was a goal in there so it wasn't all action):
last 10.jpg

And last but surely not least, here's a 10 minute chunk early in the match where we, Spurs (a professional football team) complete a pass every 30 seconds on average:
20-30.jpg

My thoughts about some players in general:

Bentaleb = He was exposed yesterday. Obviously a big talent but i wouldn't start him every game. Dembele and Sandro is the first choice partnership imo. Bentaleb needs to improve his positional sense when the opposition have the ball.

Would have been terrific experience for him yesterday. If you want to learn, nothing can beat an experience like that where you are brought back down to earth with a bang. How good he wants to be now depends on how he chooses to respond to a game like that.

Chriches and Dawson's partnership is threatening to be as bad as Dawson and Kaboul, the Ramos days. Love Dawson, and I don't want to blame him for anything, but he has been part of a back 4 that has been punished like this so often. It can't be good for him mentally! It just seems so easy for the opposition at times. Dzeko would just stand in the middle of the two of them, and a weak cross would often come in and go straight to Dzeko. Contrast to Ade v Kompany and Demechelis. Not a sniff.

What really hit me yesterday was not only are City a far far superior footballing side. But their desire, hunger and power just far exceeded ours. I never would have thought at the start of this season that we would be so horribly exposed with the players we brought in. Yes I thought we would be not so great to watch, but I thought we would be incredibly hard to beat.

Changing my previous 100% record avatar now. Every cloud.

This is Thicko Walnuts fault. Gooner Woolwich ****.

Just saw the highlights. What a disgrace! As if City need any extra help from the match officials. Rose's tackle was perfect, no foul, no penalty and no red card. Fuming.

Twitter / stanjames: VIDEO: Did Tottenham's Danny Rose deserve to be sent off last night for this tackle on Edin Dzeko? #Debate http://ow.ly/t68wL
[video=youtube;m_Z-jg8A9yA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Z-jg8A9yA[/video]

Nice clip.

As clear there as it was in the ground last night - superb tackle one of the best you'll see in the box.

An unbelievably bad decision, but that lino was suspect the whole game.

You could have put any manager you care to name in charge last night and there's no way ten men are coming back against that City team from 0-2 down.

Would have been terrific experience for him yesterday. If you want to learn, nothing can beat an experience like that where you are brought back down to earth with a bang. How good he wants to be now depends on how he chooses to respond to a game like that.

Chriches and Dawson's partnership is threatening to be as bad as Dawson and Kaboul, the Ramos days. Love Dawson, and I don't want to blame him for anything, but he has been part of a back 4 that has been punished like this so often. It can't be good for him mentally! It just seems so easy for the opposition at times. Dzeko would just stand in the middle of the two of them, and a weak cross would often come in and go straight to Dzeko. Contrast to Ade v Kompany and Demechelis. Not a sniff.

What really hit me yesterday was not only are City a far far superior footballing side. But their desire, hunger and power just far exceeded ours. I never would have thought at the start of this season that we would be so horribly exposed with the players we brought in. Yes I thought we would be not so great to watch, but I thought we would be incredibly hard to beat.

Of course we have to make allowance for the difference in class but the bolded bit is inexcusable, and has to be down to the manager as much as the players. As I commented elsewhere it was the same in the Liverpool game and the one at the Etihad.

I have some faith in TS but wonder whether he carries the clout, the charisma, the sheer mind-power to extract from his players the level of application and belief required in these games against the big boys.

Back