• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

superfaisty

Nico Claesen
Ok since we have ages to go before the Emirates Marketing Project game, clearly TS will have ages to prepare how he thinks he can set us up to a) stop Emirates Marketing Project and b) maybe even pinch a result.

So in advance of the OMT i'm asking you the question - how do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!

My own thinking is 4-3-3 but with Moose, Sandro (or Capoue if not fit) and Bentaleb providing a solid core in the middle, Lennon on RW Eriksen as LWF and Ade up top.

The wonky will leave us to open in the middle to being overrun, likewise the 4231 that we played against the Swans doesn't feel strong enough.

Of course we could go to 5-3-2 with a back 3 of Chiriches, Daws, and Verts (if he is fit), Rose and Walker providing width, then maybe keep the midfield Moose, Bentaleb and Sandro and have Ade up top with Eriksen just playing off him.

I really don't have a clue what we should do - I hope TS has more of a clue than me - what do you think is the best way to beat Emirates Marketing Project or stop getting mullerred again?!?!

Re: How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!

Do we sit back and frustrate them? as in what Cardiff did to them earlier on in the season at home?

Or do we go the Bayern at the etihad route????

Those two styles are the answers I think...I dont think we should match them with 4-4-2 because they have better players for that system and they are better at playing it than us.

I am going to save my views for the omt I think. I dont see City as unstoppable though and I think we have the tools to get the win and a modiculm of revenge....

Ok since we have ages to go before the Emirates Marketing Project game, clearly TS will have ages to prepare how he thinks he can set us up to a) stop Emirates Marketing Project and b) maybe even pinch a result.

So in advance of the OMT i'm asking you the question - how do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!

My own thinking is 4-3-3 but with Moose, Sandro (or Capoue if not fit) and Bentaleb providing a solid core in the middle, Lennon on RW Eriksen as LWF and Ade up top.

The wonky will leave us to open in the middle to being overrun, likewise the 4231 that we played against the Swans doesn't feel strong enough.

Of course we could go to 5-3-2 with a back 3 of Chiriches, Daws, and Verts (if he is fit), Rose and Walker providing width, then maybe keep the midfield Moose, Bentaleb and Sandro and have Ade up top with Eriksen just playing off him.

I really don't have a clue what we should do - I hope TS has more of a clue than me - what do you think is the best way to beat Emirates Marketing Project or stop getting mullerred again?!?!

I think 3 CBs vs their front 2 could work but not having played that system before I don't think this is the game for that experiment.

If we ever did try it though, I wondered about Lennon as the right wing-back rather than Walker.

Similar setup to how we played against Swansea, but we do need someone sitting in the space ahead of our defence. Their strikers constantly roam deep to link up play and someone has to follow so we will need a DM who is happy to either intercept the passes or drop back when a defender has to step out.

I think Ade with Eriksen floating around could be key as Di Michellis looks sluggish and prone to a lapse in concentration. Maybe play with two flying wingers to keep the pitch wide, create space for Eriksen to work in and ultimately to push their full backs back. We also need someone strong and quick in the middle to fight Yaya Toure. I'd definately go with a 433 but maybe for this one start Sandro/Capoue alongside Bentaleb because I think the key will be to pass and move the ball around their middle two, and Dembele for me doesn't do that as well as Bentaleb.

Demichelas is their main weakness in defence. We need to get people in and around him and look to exploit his lack of movement and awareness. More than one play in the box would help on this occasion. Their full backs push up very high to provide the width so the front players will have to be willing runners into the space they leave and then supply some ammunition for Ade and the othe forwards.

Toure is lazy in tracking back so their could be space in the middle when we turnover possesion. So bossing the centre then have two wide players who can get in the channels when we do win the ball with pace. In defence Negrado is the kind of player that Dawson does well against but against Ageuro he could get eaten up. I would be hapier here to play Verts and Chiriches so they are more alert on the ground. The deep lying midfilders will have to track both their wide players coming in.

I would go with this team:

------------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Walker-------Chriches-------Vertonghen---------------

---------------------------Sandro-------------------------------
---------------Dembele----------Benteleb------------------

------Lennon---------------------------------Townsend-----
--------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------

I think we need to be aiming to score the type of goal like we did when we scored first at the liberty!!

I dont think they are good at dealing with set-pieces/crosses.....some more crossing like that from eriksen and get ade between Kompany & whoever else.

Ade loves thats sort of delivery....like the solly cross as well.

In terms of stopping them the wingers need to track back and the cb's will need some protection.....we need Sandro for this one!

This looks suspiciously like an OMT.

I'd say it's more of a tactical piece. Surely an OMT would only be started by the chosen one

f3fb2a2ddf04b7948a1d8bebddaa5c91aff0d4c14c8e1e2e76c7f2a98f10fdef.jpg

A6330_zps22b5fbae.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Emirates Marketing Project at White Hart Lane on Wednesday 29th January (KO 19:45) in the 23rd round of Premier League matches in the 2013-14 season.

Spurs come into the match in fifth place in the Premier League on 43 points with City in second place on 50 points. This will be the 148th time the two teams have met.

The first meeting came on 16th January 1909 in the FA Cup 1st round (today's 3rd round) at Hyde Road in Ardwick (City's original name) in a match which Spurs won 4-3.

The first League meeting came in the First Division in December 1910 at White Hart Lane and resulted in a 1-1 draw. Walter Tull, who was the first black outfield footballer to play League football scored Tottenham's goal. City won the reverse fixture in January 1911 2-1.

All the League meetings between Spurs and City up to season 1934-35 took place in the First Division.

The clubs were drawn together in the 1913-14 FA Cup 2nd round with City wining 2-1 at Hyde Road (City would move to Maine Road in 1923 and stay there for the next 80 years) and also met in the 1921-22 FA Cup 3rd round with FA Cup holders Tottenham beating City 2-1 at White Hart Lane.

The only League meetings between the clubs outside the Top Flight took place either side of the Second World War with City winning both Second Division matches in the 1938-39 season and taking three points out of four off Spurs in the Second Division matches played in 1946-47.

Spurs and City resumed their Top Flight meetings in the 1951-52 season.

The clubs contested the 1956 FA Cup Semi-Final at Villa Park with City winning 1-0 with a goal scored by Bobby Johnstone. City would go on to win the FA Cup that season, beating Birmingham City 3-1 in the Final at Wembley.

Tottenham Hotspur and Emirates Marketing Project contested the centenary FA Cup Final in 1981. The match finished in a 1-1 draw after extra time after Tommy Hutchison had put City ahead but also scored an unfortunate own goal.

The replay was the first to be played at Wembley and Spurs won 3-2 with a brace from Ricky Villa and a goal from Garth Crooks. City goals were scored by Steve MacKenzie and Kevin Reeves. Ricky Villa's second goal was voted Goal of the Century and the match is one of the best remembered Finals of all-time.

The first of three Football League Cup meetings came in the 1992 3rd Round with Spurs winning 1-0 at Maine Road with a Vinny Samways goal. Tottenham also won the other two matches - a 4th Round match in 2003 3-1 and a 5th round match in 2007 2-0.

City had an amazing comeback in the 2004 FA Cup 4th Round replay at White Hart Lane after going three goals down to goals from Ledley King, Robbie Keane and Christian Ziege in the first half. City, who had been reduced to ten men after Joey Barton received a second yellow card, scored four second half goals from Sylvain Distin, Paul Bosvelt, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Jonathan Macken to win a memorable game 4-3.

Both Spurs and City were founder-members of the Premier League, although City have only competed in 17 of the 22 seasons played in the competition so far, while Spurs have been one of seven ever-present clubs.

Spurs have generally had the upper hand during this era with twenty wins to City's eight wins and five matches drawn. The 65 points Spurs have taken off City is second only to the points taken off Everton.

In 2009-10, Spurs did the 'double' over City with a 3-0 win at the Lane with goals from Nico Kranjcar (2) and Jermain Defoe followed by a vital 1-0 end of season win at Eastlands, which secured fourth place and Champions League football for Spurs thanks to a Peter Crouch goal.

The 2010-11 fixtures featured an opening day of the season match at White Hart Lane which finished in a 0-0 draw and a late season game at Eastlands which City won 1-0 thanks to a Peter Crouch own goal. During the summer of 2011, Spurs secured the services of Emirates Marketing Project's Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor on a season's loan.

The match at White Hart Lane in August 2011 ended in a comprehensive 5-1 win to Emirates Marketing Project with Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko scoring four goals for the visitors, who were 2-0 up at half-time. Sergio Aguero also scored for City while Tottenham's goal came from Younes Kaboul.

The game at Etihad Stadium in January 2012 resulted in a 3-2 win for Emirates Marketing Project. After a goalless first half, City scored twice through Samir Nasri and Joleon Lescott before Spurs made things level with goals from Jermain Defoe on the hour mark and Gareth Bale five minutes later. But a last minute penalty from Mario Balotelli secured the points for the home side.

Emmanuel Adebayor made his move permanent to Spurs during the summer of 2012. The teams met in Manchester in November 2012 and a Steven Cauker header put Spurs ahead after 21 minutes. City equalised through Sergio Aguero in the 65th minute and substitute Edin Dzeko secured the three points for the home side two minutes before the match ended.

Spurs beat City 3-1 in April 2013 with Clint Dempsey, Jermain Defoe & Gareth Bale all scoring for Spurs and Samir Nasri scoring for City.

Jesus Navas scored in the opening minute to put City ahead at the Etihad in November 2013 and Sandro put through his own goal on 34 minutes. Sergio Aguero scored in the 41st minute to give City a 3-0 lead at half-time. He added another goal five minutes after the break and Alvaro Negredo scored City's fifth in the 55th minute. Jesus Navas completed the scoring in the last minute for a throroughly comprehensive 6-0 City win.

Overall, Spurs have won 58 games, City have won 55 games and the remaining 34 matches played have been drawn.

Emmanuel Adebayor
Clive Allen
(Player with both clubs, Spurs development manager)
Jamie Atwell
Kevin Bond (City player, Spurs asst manager)
Ivor Broadis
Michael Brown

Jock Chaplin
Vedran Corluka
Bill Felton
Márton Fülöp
Foster Hedley
Chris Jones
Neil McNab
Bobby Mimms

Joe Moffatt
John Sainty (Spurs player, City coach)
Bert Sproston
Alex Steel
Paul Stewart
Perry Suckling (City player, Spurs coach)
Ben Thatcher
Paul Walsh

Charlie Williams
Clive Wilson
Alex Young

Just to be clear this was meant to be more of a tactical discussion ahead of someone doing the OMT.

But what the heck- dear OMT gods please look kindly on this poor sod and deliver unto your chief priest Timothy of Sherwood and his band of merry men a just and righteous result against those villaineous Citizens of mancunia.

I think this game will be far easier than others imagine. When I say easier, I dont mean taking Man ****ty for granted (how could you) but more to do with our lot.

We lost 6-0 and AVB has gone. The players will have some pride and that will act as a motivation. There is also the thing that they wanna show that things have changed now that AVB gone - a new era as it were.

Back