• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***The official health and fitness thread***

Do you have those mini hand exercise machines? Did you see that climbing film (free solo?) where the pro climber fellah chopped off his thumb doing some DIY? All the hand exercises climbers do look like punishment!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I do, I bought them to help with the guitar but think they will be getting an airing when I can start bending the fingers again. I have a gripper too and really no excuse not to be doing those on conference calls!
So I have quite a bit of kit, just need the motivation / discipline to get going again.

i really, really miss the gym. However, with a new baby and unhealthy parents, i'm not willing to go right now, but would i be too risk adverse to continue avoiding the gym come Jan?

i really, really miss the gym. However, with a new baby and unhealthy parents, i'm not willing to go right now, but would i be too risk adverse to continue avoiding the gym come Jan?

It's whether you really need it, hard to say without knowing what your goals are (other than just a general increase in health / energy levels)

With a heavy bag I don't need to pay for a gym again unless it's a dedicated boxing ring kind of vibe, bodyweight with some dumbells is all good alongside outside as an arena to smash cardio...

Missed a lot of footy this year but also my drive to exercise has completely diminished significantly since wfh for most of the year (oddly the incentive to leave a desk for an hour or so seems higher when it’s a public one rather than a private one!)
I have bought a bike as I think I’ll find it more interesting than running, but if I’m looking to build up my ability to sprint / turn is this in an ineffective way to build up footy fitness? I’ve bought some resistance bands to aid some Physio I have to do for my shoulder, a wobble board and a dumbbell set but in the past I’ve tended to focus on a 5k run at one pace and core strength work to tide me over whilst playing once or twice a week. Any tips or recommend resources to put together a program to help me get into a shape that will help me hit the ground running / not pull a muscle the first time I sprint for the ball??

I don't have one but few people have recommended this to me - https://store.trxtraining.co.uk/products/trx-home-gym

I'm sure there will be non branded ones about - think TRX invented it.

Back