• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
The combination of Chiles and Lawro on MOTD would be unbearable!

I dislike Keown immensly also. "he's got great spring like an NFL basketball player" taco!!

Hansen in his prime was probably one of the best, but he only offers analysis of the defense, he doesn't offer anything else.

Klinsmann and Vialli are in a league of their own! Martinez and Keane were good too.

I've watched matches on mute before. Wish they could give you the choice to keep the noise from the stadium, but without commentary.

so Modric wasnt named in the Euro 2012 23 man best squad......and Gerrard was, shows again Spurs fans raving alone in the dark about the merits of Modric

Euro 2012 team of the tournament in full: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Manuel Neuer (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Fabio Coentrao (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain), Daniele De Rossi (Italy), Steven Gerrard (England), Xavi (Spain), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Sami Khedira (Germany), Sergio Busquets (Spain), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Mario Balotelli (Italy), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), David Silva (Spain).

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...uro-2012-team-of-the-tournament#ixzz1zT5PDDY6

Just seems like a team of the most popular players. I was really unimpressed with Ozil this tournament so can't understand why he is in there. Very good in the last world cup but thought he was a bit pants in the Euros.

The "Spain are boring" bandwagon is much more massive than the "I quite like watching Spain" one.

The bandwagon is the "ha-ha told you Spain aren't boring lololololololol" after one good performance. It's like people claiming a striker is brilliant when he scores a hat-trick despite doing fudge all for the last 10 games (or the Rooney as it is scientifically known).

The bandwagon is the "ha-ha told you Spain aren't boring lololololololol" after one good performance. It's like people claiming a striker is brilliant when he scores a hat-trick despite doing fudge all for the last 10 games (or the Rooney as it is scientifically known).

I think if there is one thing the last few seasons have really demonstrated is that you can't please all the people all the time.

Team plays patient passing football. Fans complain that it's boring, the team lacks a cutting edge etc.
Team plays direct football to a target man. Fans complain about long ball football.
Team plays fast attacking football. Fans complain the first time the team loses after being caught on the break a couple of times, that the team is naive.
Team plays with large amounts of flair. Fans complain we won't win anything unless steel is added to the team.
Team plays with a bit of steel. Fans complain that the steel players are too limited.

And so on and so on. What people don't seem to realise is that you can't just switch a style or formation on and off like it's a tap. A team can't play a patient passing game one match, and switch to a direct fast passing style the next match and keep any sort of consistency over a longer period of time. Sure for the odd game it may work, but over a sustained period the results will be erratic.

In Spain's case, they are a great side and they did the best thing they possibly could to their critics. They won their third consecutive major tournament and there can be no better STFU than that!

I do not know what games you have been watching if you have only seen Spain have one good performance. :-k

Back