• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Some of my mates snarled when I said that the Euros are better than the World Cup. The games come thick and fast - so many rivalries clashing in the first few weeks. Tonight it's Poland v Russia - tomorrow is Germany v Holland!

Euro 2012 has shat all over World Cup 2010 already.

Some rather sweeping statements for the Eastern Europeans there, not everyone in these countries is as bad as the dingdongheads depicted on TV.

Euro 2008 was it not the Pole's vs the Germans with about 100 odd arrests and pretty sure Croatia and Turkey had problems, sad fact of life is there are dingdongheads all over the world associated with football.

I will agree that hosting in two such countries was just asking for trouble though due to the various national troubles with nearby neighbours and past histories.

Well done today lads. I think the Poland game will be tight and the two teams are pretty evenly matched. If I were a betting man, I think I'd have to go for Poland though to knick a win with home advantage.

I hope that the home advantage puts too much pressure on them. Especially when they must win

Why is she in Norway?

She's a level C reporter here, mostly famous for screeching loudly when commentating.

I dont know. Maybe as the english alibi when England is playing. But she was there yesterday aswell. Two english men are regulars in the pl studios during the season. Peter Beagrie and the other name escapes me. Sometimes Phil Thompson is there too.

I find some of the generalizations about Eastern Europe a bit strange.

Dublin had riots in 2006, similarly caused by ill-timed (at best) celebratory marching. Would people say that Ireland shouldn't be able to host or co-host the Euros?

Should The UK have been banned from hosting big sporting events when the IRA were a threat? How about Spain when ETA were a threat? Or were those threats to the lives of supporters somehow different from the threats of riots in Poland?

This to me wasn't caused by UEFA by not being careful enough when choosing the hosts, this was caused by a bunch of idiots looking for a fight. From what I understand known English hooligans are stopped from even going to tournaments like these as everyone know they cause problems. Maybe it's time to ask Russia what they are doing to keep these idiots from attending other events.

The New Euro Thread?

The New Euro thread. Old one peaced out.

Here's a pic of Mario from training today to get things started again.
0b6365d27b2b09b76791ce931776349d-getty-511831897.jpg

Back