• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Euwo 2012

The official Euwo 2012 thread.

Let's discuss teams, managers and transfer targets.

COME ON WOY! WIN THE EUWOs FOR ENGLAND!

1726736_w2.jpg

I think Germany will win, with England it all depends on who is picked and who's picking them to be fair but, I don't have much confidence in our national side. ROI have a very hard group wish we drew the french for a bit of pay back.

I would still bet on Spain to win it. Wouldn't shock me if Germany won it though as they have some fantastic players!

I think France will beat us and win our group leaving us battling to finish 2nd.

Holland have a pretty good chance.

CDM: De Jong
CDM: Van Bommel

RAM: Robben
CAM: Van Persie
LAM: Sneijder

ST: Huntelaar

With it just being around the corner, I figure it would be a good time to start one.

My money is on another Spanish win. England may not make it past the group stage unfortunately.

What formation and team does everyone reckon Hodgson will pick? He favours 4-4-2 and usually goes with experience, so my money is on :

Hart
Walker Ferdinand Terry Cole
Walcott Gerrard Lampard Young
Zamora Defoe (until Rooney is available)

Sadly I really do think he'll go with the Gerrard/Lampard midfield, at least initially. It just seems to be too tempting for England managers not to try. If he does drop one, then it will be Barry that comes in. I just hope that he doesn't shunt Gerrard wide to accomodate.

Does anyone think they'll be any surprises in the England squad? I have a sneaky feeling we may well see Joe Cole called up!

I think he'll go with 4-5-1. Something along the lines of:

......................Hart..................
Walker....Ferdinand...Terry.....Cole
.........Parker......Lampard...........
...............Gerrard....................
Sturridge......................A.Young
.................Defoe....................

But that's just my opinion. I'd personally have Cahill starting at centre half and probably someone younger in the middle, not actually sure who though? Perhaps Carrick alongside Parker, think they might compliment each other quite well. Doesn't bother me though, we won't win it.

I think Germany will win it by beating France in the final.

im sure Ferdinand would love to line up against the guy who is alleged to have racially abused his little brother

-----------------Hart------------------
Walker---Ferdinand---Cahill-----Cole
----------Parker-----Gerrard----------
Lennon--------Rooney--------A.Young
----------------Welbeck----------------

When Rooney is available please. Until then, Hodgson could play a standard 4-4-2 with Welbeck next to Defoe? I just think the line-up above is sound defensively, has pace on the flanks and, most importantly, John Terry is nowhere near it.

Walker---Ferdinand---Cahill-----Cole
----------Parker-----Gerrard----------
Lennon--------Rooney--------A.Young
----------------Welbeck----------------

When Rooney is available please. Until then, Hodgson could play a standard 4-4-2 with Welbeck next to Defoe? I just think the line-up above is sound defensively, has pace on the flanks and, most importantly, John Terry is nowhere near it.
I would play this but with Jones in for Parker.

Jones---Smalling-------Ferdinand---Cole
------ --Carrick--------Scholes---------
Lennon---------Rooney--------A.Young
---------------Welbeck----------------

Manchester Unicitychelspurs.

Keep Barry away from the England team please! He's still chasing back after Ozil ffs.

I'd like to see a sexy little 433 number as its quite clear 442 has no place in international football these days!

Hart

Walker
Ferdinand
Cahill
Cole

Carrick
Parker
Gerrard

Young
Rooney/Defoe
Lennon

Note the spurs interest in defence, midfield and attack...

He'll most likely line up a 442 - always has

Lets see if he has the balls to drop Gerrard at least.

Last edited:
Oh, and Welbeck will start ahead of Defoe - SAF has managed to convince everyone he s a decent player by persiting with him all season

Back