• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***The Official...'Deary Me' Thread***

Us Randomnites talk about the big stuff, the big stories, the important news but i thought a thread where we can post the kind of stuff you stumble upon during the daily trawl of the Common ostrich that literally leaves you opened mouthed, gently shaking your head and/or generally wondering where its all gone wrong. I'll offer the below as a gentle opener.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-30876360

A five-year-old boy has been billed for failing to attend a friend's birthday party - resulting in legal action.
Alex Nash, from Cornwall, was invited to the party just before Christmas.
An invoice for £15.95 was sent by his schoolfriend's mother Julie Lawrence, who said Alex's non-attendance left her out of pocket and his parents had her details to tell her he was not going.
Alex's father Derek said he had been told he would be taken to the small claims court for refusing to pay.
Alex's parents, from Torpoint, had accepted an invitation to the party at a dry ski slope in Plymouth, Devon, just before Christmas.
However, they realised their son was double-booked and due to spend time with his grandparents, which he did.
His parents said they had no contact information for Ms Lawrence at that time.
They found the invoice in a brown envelope in his schoolbag last week.

_80357706_10a21fd3-8c71-43ba-a6aa-9b38e157e63f.jpg

The invoice lists a "Party No Show" fee
Mr Nash said: "It was a proper invoice with full official details and even her bank details on it.
"I can understand that she's upset about losing money. The money isn't the issue, it's the way she went about trying to get the money from me.
"She didn't treat me like a human being, she treated me like a child and that I should do what she says."
In a short statement, Ms Lawrence said: "All details were on the party invite. They had every detail needed to contact me."
Mr Nash said he had been told he was being taken to the small claims court because he was refusing to pay.

Back