• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Who are you picking?

Just seen this, I was on Fury on points, thought he would so what he did but actually thought he would avoid the bombs as Wilder is too crude and Fury probably slickest fighter he has fought, even after time out.

All in all I am torn on the result, Fury was down twice so a draw in the grand scheme is probably right, especially when you take into acount two 10-8 rounds.

What I will say is Wilder is such a poor fighter technically, I think we all knew this but he is worse than I thought, BUT he has heart

As for the rematch. I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I'm not sure Fury could motivate himself sufficiently for the rematch - as opposed to an AJ fight, for example. Also, I think a rematch would favour Wilder. Having been in with Fury I think Wilder would find Fury less confusing, and as it was he put him on the floor twice. Whereas, I'm not sure Fury could knock out Wilder without getting caught, and even with less ring rust I still don't see him avoiding a knockdown punch for 12 rounds, unless he restrains his natural instinct to taunt/engage which he won't. Both will be after an AJ fight and Wilder will probably get one.

I see Fury taking the WBA route to get a belt and give it some credibility then biding his time for AJ or Wilder 2. He has put himself through alot physically and mentally to get back where he is, probably needs some less taxing bouts.

What I will say is Wilder is such a poor fighter technically, I think we all knew this but he is worse than I thought, BUT he has heart

I'll be honest I was pretty impressed with Wilder's heart - on another day he's winning that fight by KO.

But yeh he's not a good boxer and if they rematch Fury will make him look worse IMO, hence why I don't see it happening. After the first knock down he went into windmill mode for a moment and christ it was awful.

Seems Warren has lodged a complaint with the judging to force the rematch, may be the only option.

Excited to see Lomachenko back to unify on Saturday.

My favourite boxer at the moment, never seen anything like it against Linares. Punches just reined in from all angles, no one could have stopped him.

Not sure who's left afterwards Garcia and Crawford have both moved up and have fights lined up anyway. Garcia may come back down again but wouldn't be for ages, just seen he's fighting Spence in March which will be some fight.

Last edited:
WIlder saying that there was a long count, thats clutching because it was only just

Some ref came out and put him straight on twitter. Basically explained how its not a 10 second rule, but a 10-count and the ref has to first move the standing fighter away first before you signal to start the count which can take a few seconds blah blah. Essentially said it was fine.

Kell Brook has warned it is "now or never" for his long-time rival Amir Khan to agree to a fight between the pair.

A clash between two of British boxing's leading lights has long been discussed but has so far remained elusive.

Brook accused Khan this week of reneging on an agreement to fight, and accused him of being a "con man".

We all know it will be never as Khan is simply too scared to face Brook

Yep, Khan wants absolutely no part of Brook. I've said it for years.

Brook's pretty shot these days too, that GGG fight probably made him a few bob but he stole his soul I think.

Pretty lacklustre on the weekend too, I reckon Khan fancies his chances a lot more now than he did 2 years ago.

Brook's pretty shot these days too, that GGG fight probably made him a few bob but he stole his soul I think.

Pretty lacklustre on the weekend too, I reckon Khan fancies his chances a lot more now than he did 2 years ago.

Khan is one of the biggest bottlers around, he's clearly been dodging him but maybe now he will reconsider. I'll still back Brook if they ever actually meet.

Khan is one of the biggest bottlers around, he's clearly been dodging him but maybe now he will reconsider. I'll still back Brook if they ever actually meet.

See I disagree, you look at their records and Khan has by far put himself out there in many countries against the better fighters. If he came up short of you think he is chinny thats another thing, but he has been in witht he better fighters, no doubt.

Saul Alvarez
Devon Alexander
Danny Garcia
Lamont Peterson
Zab Judah
Marcos Maidana
Paul Malignaggi
Andriy Kotelnik

See I disagree, you look at their records and Khan has by far put himself out there in many countries against the better fighters. If he came up short of you think he is chinny thats another thing, but he has been in witht he better fighters, no doubt.

Saul Alvarez
Devon Alexander
Danny Garcia
Lamont Peterson
Zab Judah
Marcos Maidana
Paul Malignaggi
Andriy Kotelnik

I agree in as much as I don't have an issue with the previous quality of opposition Khan has faced (though he never seemed especially keen to get back in with Prescott) but I do strongly suspect he wants no part of Brook, and as such I don't see the fight happening. Hope to be wrong.

I agree in as much as I don't have an issue with the previous quality of opposition Khan has faced (though he never seemed especially keen to get back in with Prescott) but I do strongly suspect he wants no part of Brook, and as such I don't see the fight happening. Hope to be wrong.

I think Brook and Hearn are just as much the problem there as AJ and Hearn were with wanting Wilder or not!! Brook looked spent on Saturday for me, no head movement.

I think Brook and Hearn are just as much the problem there as AJ and Hearn were with wanting Wilder or not!! Brook looked spent on Saturday for me, no head movement.

I'm not a Brook fan as such, one of the reasons I'd love to see this fight is I'd have it as a true 50/50. But my impression is Brook wants it, Khan doesn't. Pretty much every clip I've seen of either of them talking about the subject tells me that.

I'm not a Brook fan as such, one of the reasons I'd love to see this fight is I'd have it as a true 50/50. But my impression is Brook wants it, Khan doesn't. Pretty much every clip I've seen of either of them talking about the subject tells me that.

I think you might be right but I doubt its bottle for what I mentioned before, Khans been in with class, Maidana probably the biggest puncher of the lot. I just think Khans ego see's bigger. Also its not a big fight other then name, no belts on the line so for that reason its a fight putting you back 6 months for any title thoughts

Saul Alvarez
Devon Alexander
Danny Garcia
Lamont Peterson
Zab Judah
Marcos Maidana
Paul Malignaggi
Andriy Kotelnik

And how many of them were at their peak or genuinely considered elite level at the time he fought them? Alvarez yes the others all have question marks if you think whether they were at the top of their game. Garcia obviously kicked on but the others were past it in my view. I will agree they are probably a higher level on average than Brook but I think because of his style he built a profile which got him those fights which is fair enough. Brook's had to work a lot harder and his best performance (Porter) is way ahead of anything Khan has ever produced.

Maidana was 27 when he fought Khan thats hardly past it. Peterson about the same, Danny Garcia was operating in a good level, his stock was pretty high and was known as a dangerous banger. Malignaggi was 30. I think you might be a little harsh there.

Back