• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Appears McGregor threw the first punch in the cage after the fight too, bringing the others in who sucker punched him, not saying two wrongs make a right but watch them make a victim out of him now, guys a total tosser, entertaining at times for sure but a tosser.

He tried to get into Khabib's head for the actual fight, didn't work but the release of emotion and subsequent brawl at the end was certainly down to it.

If Khabib gets any kind of ban for this I'm done with the UFC.

I never buy the pay-per-views, but I do watch the fights on youtube and will continue to do so, but I will be disappointed if Khabib gets banned. I really do want to see him fight Tony Ferguson.

I never buy the pay-per-views, but I do watch the fights on youtube and will continue to do so, but I will be disappointed if Khabib gets banned. I really do want to see him fight Tony Ferguson.

Oh I'd love to see that fight too, but it's been set up and cancelled 4 times I believe, can't see it ever happening.

Tbh I don't spend any money on UFC (or boxing for that matter...) so perhaps I won't stop watching, but the double standards are ridiculous.

I think they'll both get a slap on the wrist for the mele after the fight, depending on the length of the bans Ferguson and Poirier could get a shot at an interim belt, after the whole Jon Jones fiasco I can't see either of them getting a ban of any real consequence.

Oh I'd love to see that fight too, but it's been set up and cancelled 4 times I believe, can't see it ever happening.

Tbh I don't spend any money on UFC (or boxing for that matter...) so perhaps I won't stop watching, but the double standards are ridiculous.

I think they'll both get a slap on the wrist for the mele after the fight, depending on the length of the bans Ferguson and Poirier could get a shot at an interim belt, after the whole Jon Jones fiasco I can't see either of them getting a ban of any real consequence.

I meant to reply yesterday, that I thought Ferguson vs Khabib would happen, because Khabib has solved his weight cutting problems.

That was until today when Khabib said he’d leave the UFC if they don’t let his friend (who punched connor) fight in an upcoming event. I would be surprised if Dana White (and his enourmous ego) can climb down from his statement that Khabib’s buddies are done in the UFC. So my guess is Khabib will fudge off back Dagestan as a national hero and maybe fight in Bellator when he feels like/they make it worth his while. And Dana White will continue to ride the connor train until it is done.

I don't watch of follow UFC but have caught alot of this as its been on UK TV alot from the trashing of the Bus to the fight which I watched. In all honesty, with what Connor did with the bus, the threats, the sick statements and his general attitude, he had that coming. Khabib had to put up with some terrible stuff leading up to the fight, you can see why it spilled over to the level it did.

UFC can harldy complain, they allow Connor to do what he does so its always gonna end bad

If you're going to have a sport that is no more than putting violent chavs in a ring with each other and you actively market it to violent chavs, you probably shouldn't be surprised if a fight breaks out here and there.

Not sure you can describe them all as violent chavs! Quite a sweeping statement.

Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin began his MMA career at the age of 25. Nicknamed “Ace” due to his likeness to Jim Carrey (as Ace Ventura), Franklin has alternated between the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions, achieving notable success in both. Franklin successfully defended his middleweight title twice and has also been given one Knockout of the Night and two Fight of the Night awards. In addition, he is a former International Fighting Championship (IFC) champion.

Still, had Franklin not seen a flyer for a local fight some years ago, things might have been a little different. Before embarking on his MMA career, he attended the University of Cincinnati, achieving a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and then a master’s degree in Education. After graduating, he taught math at Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati. And in 2006, the mayor of Cincinnati made February 21 “Rich Franklin Day” in his honor.

Not sure you can describe them all as violent chavs! Quite a sweeping statement.

Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin began his MMA career at the age of 25. Nicknamed “Ace” due to his likeness to Jim Carrey (as Ace Ventura), Franklin has alternated between the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions, achieving notable success in both. Franklin successfully defended his middleweight title twice and has also been given one Knockout of the Night and two Fight of the Night awards. In addition, he is a former International Fighting Championship (IFC) champion.

Still, had Franklin not seen a flyer for a local fight some years ago, things might have been a little different. Before embarking on his MMA career, he attended the University of Cincinnati, achieving a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and then a master’s degree in Education. After graduating, he taught math at Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati. And in 2006, the mayor of Cincinnati made February 21 “Rich Franklin Day” in his honor.
I've yet to hear one speak who didn't sound like chav would be an upgrade to their status.

There might be some exceptions, although why they would choose scrapping as a sport over boxing or a proper martial art, I don't know.

UFC 229 just smashed their record for PPV buys with 2.4m - so they don't give a sh*t about all this chaos.

Will be really interested so see if Khabib does leg it, he even said they can keep his money (apparently $2m+chunk of PPV I'd imagine) if they fire his mate.

The is no bad publicity. The UFC have been following in McGregor's wake and I have no doubt have actively encouraged the outrageous behaviour. Im equally sure that White had a little sex wee when Khabib jumped into the crowd.

The is no bad publicity. The UFC have been following in McGregor's wake and I have no doubt have actively encouraged the outrageous behaviour. Im equally sure that White had a little sex wee when Khabib jumped into the crowd.

For sure.

Without Khabib look at the fights they can make with Conor that'll all do really good business:

vs. Ferguson
vs. Diaz III
vs. GSP at 170lbs

and if Khabib sticks around they'll do the rematch, UFC doesn't really book anything based on actual logic.

I would be surprised if Dana White (and his enourmous ego) can climb down from his statement that Khabib’s buddies are done in the UFC.

I dunno, there's the whole 'But Connor punched first..' thing that people noticed after mobile footage became available. That seems a ready made excuse for taking it back.

If you're going to have a sport that is no more than putting violent chavs in a ring with each other and you actively market it to violent chavs, you probably shouldn't be surprised if a fight breaks out here and there.

Same as boxing really. UFC has got more of a redneck vibe to it perhaps. But you don't have to look too hard to find crowd trouble at boxing events or fighters that aren't very nice people outside the ring. And if we are watching them beat the sh1t out of eachother for entertainment, then who are we to judge?

It was quite funny to see Mike Tyson almost clutching his pearls on Twitter though. Er Mike, I loved you as a fighter but you bit a bloke's ear off!

Same as boxing really. UFC has got more of a redneck vibe to it perhaps. But you don't have to look too hard to find crowd trouble at boxing events or fighters that aren't very nice people outside the ring. And if we are watching them beat the sh1t out of eachother for entertainment, then who are we to judge?

It was quite funny to see Mike Tyson almost clutching his pearls on Twitter though. Er Mike, I loved you as a fighter but you bit a bloke's ear off!
On the whole, boxing is made up of people who have spent years honing an art. It's not just people scrapping, it's two people at the very top of an incredibly difficult game.
Whilst they might not be great people (many of them are awful), they are masters of an art form.

One can't say the same for UFC fighters, as the unfortunate crossover circus showed. A UFC champion against a boxer is like a keepy-uppy champion against Barca.

The kids like UFC. My brother dragged me along to UFC event. He's well into it - me not at all, and boy did I feel old (I'm in my 40's). Everyone toned and tanned - girls and boys. They love that brick.

Last edited:
On the whole, boxing is made up of people who have spent years honing an art. It's not just people scrapping, it's two people at the very top of an incredibly difficult game.
Whilst they might not be great people (many of them are awful), they are masters of an art form.

One can't say the same for UFC fighters, as the unfortunate crossover circus showed. A UFC champion against a boxer is like a keepy-uppy champion against Barca.

Different skills. So if Mayweather had crossed over into UFC, he'd have got easily beaten (which is why he wasn't stupid enough to do that). I'm not really a fan of MMA because I find it boring when they go to ground, but there's definitely lots of skill involved in grappling.

Different skills. So if Mayweather had crossed over into UFC, he'd have got easily beaten (which is why he wasn't stupid enough to do that). I'm not really a fan of MMA because I find it boring when they go to ground, but there's definitely lots of skill involved in grappling.
I don't see much skill at all. It's just scrapping - look at the career curves in each sport.

And I disagree about the choice of rules. If Mayweather had been interested in winning as quickly as possible and not the paid spectacle, McGregor couldn't have touched him under any ruleset. Mayweather would have won it in round 1 with one or two real punches.

Last edited:
I dunno, there's the whole 'But Connor punched first..' thing that people noticed after mobile footage became available. That seems a ready made excuse for taking it back.
I think Khabib was already doing his tasmanian devil impersonation well before McGregor took his swing at the guy climbing over the fence. That might have instigated the ruckus in the octagon though.

Back