• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I don't think he's scared of Wilder at all, I think he see's the huge increase in £££££ if Wilder gets past someone the casuals may actually know in a fight on Sky Sports that doesn't start at 3am.

I don't see it that way at all. Wilder is already far and away the biggest fight out there for Joshua, with Whyte arguably the second biggest. Putting those two up against each other will almost certainly diminish (and possibly eliminate) one of those potential fights, for questionable gain to the other. Wilder has just beaten Luis Ortiz - a far bigger scalp than Whyte in my opinion. Wilder fighting Whyte is high risk/low reward for him.

The way it appears to me is that if Hearn's true concern was maximising the biggest fights for Joshua, he'd be keeping these two apart.

I don't see it that way at all. Wilder is already far and away the biggest fight out there for Joshua, with Whyte arguably the second biggest. Putting those two up against each other will almost certainly diminish (and possibly eliminate) one of those potential fights, for questionable gain to the other. Wilder has just beaten Luis Ortiz - a far bigger scalp than Whyte in my opinion. Wilder fighting Whyte is high risk/low reward for him.

The way it appears to me is that if Hearn's true concern was maximising the biggest fights for Joshua, he'd be keeping these two apart.

I think Dylan beats Wilder. Setting up an all British unification contest. Where Hearn represents both boxers... So he can't really lose.

WILDER for all his record and punch power.. had only really fought an aging Ortez who had him for most of the fight before running out of steam.

I think Dylan beats Wilder. Setting up an all British unification contest. Where Hearn represents both boxers... So he can't really lose.

WILDER for all his record and punch power.. had only really fought an aging Ortez who had him for most of the fight before running out of steam.

I disagree. A Joshua/Whyte rematch will happen anyway. That's kind of my original point. Both fights are already pencilled in and big enough attractions as things stand - having Whyte fight Wilder as some kind of eliminator for Joshua serves only to devalue the loser's potential match against Joshua for the benefit of what would be, in my opinion, only a minor enhancement to the winner.

Also disagree that Whyte beats Wilder. Whyte is no world beater...but he IS someone who would give anyone in the world a tough fight.

I disagree. A Joshua/Whyte rematch will happen anyway. That's kind of my original point. Both fights are already pencilled in and big enough attractions as things stand - having Whyte fight Wilder as some kind of eliminator for Joshua serves only to devalue the loser's potential match against Joshua for the benefit of what would be, in my opinion, only a minor enhancement to the winner.

Also disagree that Whyte beats Wilder. Whyte is no world beater...but he IS someone who would give anyone in the world a tough fight.

A Joshua - Whyte rematch will undoubtedly happen I agree. But once Whyte eliminates Wilder that rematch becomes absolutely huge.

If Wilder wins against whyte it make the Wilder -Joshua fight bigger As well, as it give Wilder a win against a proper fighter in his prime. And as you said the Whyte Joshua fight happens anyway.

The reason I pick Whyte over wilder is because Dylans matured and become a better boxer. I re-watched the Dylan Joshua fight again and he was a brawler with little finesse but that has somewhat changed.

So he beats Wilder and and maybe Joshua as well.

A Joshua - Whyte rematch will undoubtedly happen I agree. But once Whyte eliminates Wilder that rematch becomes absolutely huge.

If Wilder wins against whyte it make the Wilder -Joshua fight bigger As well, as it give Wilder a win against a proper fighter in his prime. And as you said the Whyte Joshua fight happens anyway.

The reason I pick Whyte over wilder is because Dylans matured and become a better boxer. I re-watched the Dylan Joshua fight again and he was a brawler with little finesse but that has somewhat changed.

So he beats Wilder and and maybe Joshua as well.

Personally I think this is a vast overstatement of Whyte's potential. He's definitely improved but don't forget a lot of people thought he lost to Dereck Chisora only a couple of fights ago, and he didn't seem overly keen on a rematch. For me, the selling point in Joshua/Whyte II comes from their history, their chemistry and the personal element more than Whyte being viewed as genuinely elite.

I'll grant that the Whyte rematch probably has more to gain from Whyte/Wilder happening first, but I still cannot see how the proposed route maximises the big fights for Joshua. It does the opposite.

I agree that Hearn is keeping them apart to maximize the potential earnings, he's a Hearn of course he is.

I still don't think they're scared of Wilder though, he has KO power and is capable of knocking anyone out but I really think Joshua smashes him to pieces. It's rumoured that Wilder wants a 50/50 split for the fight too, probably a bigger factor in keeping this fight from happening right now.

Does anyone know the comparison of UK Stadium vs. Vegas in terms of money? just curious as to me doing 80,000 in Wembley and perhaps 1-1.5m buys on Sky Box Office HAS to be more lucrative?

Also I had Chisora winning that fight with Whyte, though I think he would give Wilder a good fight, especially if it's held in the UK.

I would say we shouldn't sleep on Parker but if Joshua can't get past him then this is all moot anyway, haven't been impressed with him at all in his last 3 fights.

I'd love it if Whyte could beat Wilder and then beat Joshua in a rematch, turn the whole thing on it's head. I like him.

Does Parker have a chance tonight ???

He definitely has a chance, I'm tempted to have a couple of quid on him as a value bet. He's far and away AJ's toughest opponent to date, bar Klitschko. To me, the detail of the Klitschko fight seems to have been airbrushed away a little bit - Joshua really should have lost that fight, and somebody less cautious than Klitschko would most likely have made that happen. Of the current crop of heavyweights, Parker is one of the few who potentially could be that man.

That said, he's got to turn up, obviously. I've been very impressed with his demeanour in the build up to date, but it's been hinted on sky this morning that some are questioning how well he's holding up as it gets closer. They picked apart his words at the weigh-in ('Joshua looks confident...'), and apparently there was some complaint (from who, I'm not sure) about the booing he received at the weigh-in. That's worrying if it's come from anywhere near Parker. Hopefully it's nonsense though.

My opinion is that if Parker turns up & doesn't fold, he has a real chance. I'd still make it something like 70/30 in AJ's favour, but it could be very interesting IF Parker gives a good account of himself.

My daughter's in Cardiff for the fight. She's stopping at the same hotel and some of the boxers, just bagged herself photo with Dillian Whyte

It’s been quite good so far

I like Crolla and that young Burnett looked impressive

Wonder if Price will step up tonight

Such a shame for Price. He was much improved tonight and it almost paid off. The trouble is, he's the type who always looks susceptible to getting properly ko'd, and unfortunately it just happened again...

Really feel for him.

Parker will have to be exceptional to stand a chance. Maybe if he can stay out the way he can catch Joshua in the later rounds. But I can’t see it. Joshua too powerful too determined, should nail him with a knock out.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Bit of a pedestrian fight. A.J. lacks a bit of killer instinct. Can’t blame him, heavyweight boxing ring such a dangerous place to be. Sill A.J. needs a few more combinations. Relies on his jab and uppercut.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back