• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Because he's a brain dead idiot who would be inside if it weren't for boxing....a fact lost of many people who want to slate the sport.

Boxing is immeasurably powerful in very deprived areas and I think there should be a national program of boxing in schools, it teaches respect, self defence, fair play, fitness and sportsmanship. The discipline of being a fighter gives lads routine and keeps them off the streets and away from drugs.

I'd have a ring and let lads fight it out if caught fighting like the old days.

It's safe to say, 90% of fighters would be on a pathway to a life of crime without boxing.

Not just boxing, martial arts in general. Discipline is an underated trait.

Personally think the fight shouldn't take place.

Those who want a clampdown on ****ish behaviour in our society yet want this fight to happen are I'd say a tad hypercritical.

The way these two have got the fight on is the same way as British Jockeys who have had licecnes revoked due to alledged fraudulent actions with dodgy people go to another country like Spain get said licence from them, then begin riding in Ireland.

Something morally wrong with how this goes down.

Its all the rage now. Apparently boxers and MMA fighters have a lack of testosterone... hmmm. Alastair Overeem the MMA fighter recently failed a drugs test with a testosterone level of 14:1, the accepted ratio is 6:1 !

I don't give a toss about his medical excuse, he's a professional athlete, he is responsible for what goes into his body and if he has taken a banned substance he either knew and went along with it or didn't look into it enough so is an idiot.

This is disgraceful.

Far more so than Chisora or Haye!

They knew about this a MONTH AGO!! But didn't think it pertinent to tell Khan??

And testorerone defficiency?

LOL

Its all the rage now. Apparently boxers and MMA fighters have a lack of testosterone... hmmm. Alastair Overeem the MMA fighter recently failed a drugs test with a testosterone level of 14:1, the accepted ratio is 6:1 !

I don't give a toss about his medical excuse, he's a professional athlete, he is responsible for what goes into his body and if he has taken a banned substance he either knew and went along with it or didn't look into it enough so is an idiot.

Apparently they were pellets put under the arms and absorbed.......no fudging way he didn't know!! And he has admitted this was going on BEFORE the last fight!!

Apparently they were pellets put under the arms and absorbed.......no fudging way he didn't know!! And he has admitted this was going on BEFORE the last fight!!

Thats why they are trying to get the first fight made into a No Contest and get Khan his belts back.

This is disgraceful.

Far more so than Chisora or Haye!

They knew about this a MONTH AGO!! But didn't think it pertinent to tell Khan??

And testorerone defficiency?

LOL

Maybe he thought they were going to be swinging handbags at each other and his body filled up with oestrogen?

I watched his last fight and he hardly threw a punch, last night he was an animal

Fair play to Bute for fighting him in Nottingham too, the atmosphere was awesome, great support..

Like the Commentary team said, there's a re-match clause for this fight back in Canada BUT I seriously doubt he wanna go again after that beating.

Dos santos defeats Mir to retain the heavyweight title
Velasquez defeats Bigfoot in what can only be described as a battering.
Velasquez to get title shot in what will probably be biggest fight of the year

JDS vs. Cain 2 won't last 60 seconds like last time, that's for sure.

Good to see Dan Hardy back with a win too.

Surely there's no way you can get a rematch after the beatdown froch put on bute, Kessler next please, then let him have another go at Ward.

JDS and Cain will definitely fight next I reckon. Cain was comingo off a big layoff before the first fight and I can't wait to see them fight again.

I'd like to see Froch fight Kessler again

Back