• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I’d really like to see some permanent damage to him to highlight the risks involved and stop the sport becoming a pantomime.
It’s scary really
I used to do kickboxing and boxing with some pros (I just trained for fitness)
They would do 8 hours a day doing a variety of things and were fit if some were a bit a fat which always surprised me
But when you got in the ring with them they were a whole different level to everyone because it’s what they did
I once got clocked by Matt Skelton (he wasn’t meant to hit us but we could hit him) and wow.... I went flying
But on the flip side he has got fit, he has learned the basics and he is surviving I guess. So credit due there
The shame is these fights generate money creating bigger profiles

Former super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch is set to make a sensational return to the ring to take on legend Roy Jones Jr.

Froch, 43, has been in talks with the 52-year-old American, who held world titles in four different weight divisions, over an exhibition bout.

And Nottinghamshire Live reports negotiations could be completed this week

If you have ever watched a Tyson Fury press conference, you will know they don't often follow the "Q&A" format.

So when WBC world heavyweight champion Fury, 32, and American challenger Deontay Wilder, 35, faced each other in Los Angeles on Tuesday, something was bound to happen.

The pair were appearing to preview their third fight, which takes place on Saturday, 24 July in Las Vegas.

Sadly, there was no Batman costume this time.

In fact, there was almost no clothing at all as Fury walked on stage topless, in just a pair of white jeans (with his own face on - of course) and a backwards baseball cap.

But that wasn't even the most bizarre moment of the press event

Wilder, who was defeated when the pair met for the second time in 2020, only stepped up to the microphone to say he wasn't going to say anything.

After thanking Jesus, his training team and his lawyers, he said: "Look, enough said. Time to cut off his head. And come July 24, there will be blood shed."

And that was it. Wilder put his headphones on and didn't say another word, with his trainer Malik Scott speaking for him throughout the press conference.

Asked about his opponent's behaviour, Fury said it "showed how weak a mental person he is" and that the previous loss has had "an emotional and physical effect on his life".

Hat's off to Crystina Poncher, the ESPN commentator, who had the tough job of hosting the event. She continued to press Scott for responses, barely blinking at the fact one of the fighters was point-blank ignoring her questioning.

As Wilder wasn't going to hit back at Fury's constant stream of put-downs, Scott could only respond and defend his athlete.

But Fury decided to make it personal, reminding him of an occasion when the pair sparred.

"You can't expect him to do something you couldn't do," he said to Scott - a former heavyweight fighter who lost to Britain's Derek Chisora for the vacant WBO International heavyweight title in 2013.

Scott hit back by saying: "You are a 260lb man that can fight - you burst my eardrum the first time we sparred - that's not something to brag about, that's what you do!"

Fury, perhaps a little frustrated by this, further questioned Scott's expertise, saying: "You can't teach him to be some great fighter when you [weren't]."

The back and forth continued a little longer, with eardrums mentioned once or twice more by both men, before Fury, in typical Fury-style, rounded off the debate.

Speaking to the assembled media, he laughed: "While we are on the subject of eardrums, don't you find it funny that I have busted the eardrums of both trainer and fighter?"

Fury went on to mention that he was aiming to reach the "300lb mark" by the fight, saying he was looking for "a big knockout straight away".

The press conference ended with both men in the classic "face off photo op" position, with Fury once again removing his jacket especially for it.

But both fighters' determination to win the staring contest appeared to become a little tedious for the expectant media.

After around two minutes of the pair staring menacingly into one another's eyes, and with Fury's taunts having to become even more creative, ("The bogey man is here to get you again"), one or two members of the press requested they face the cameras for a final snap.

But the request was ignored by both fighters for a further four minutes until Wilder eventually replaced his sunglasses and walked off stage right.

Thus concluded one of the most bizarre press conferences the boxing world has ever seen.

Fury summed it up.

"Thank you for turning out for this one sided press conference," he said.

Not surprised him and his team have been flying all over, going out to restaurants, WWE you name it
Not exactly living in a bubble !!

I'm no MMA expert but Mcgregor has gone down a bit in my estimation (I'm sure he's devastated) with last night's shenanigans. Pre and post the 2nd Poirier fight he was acting in a fairly graceful manner and appeared to the take the loss with some dignity.

Flash forward to this one with the murder threats and saying he would take it outside despite being crumpled on the floor having broken his leg just doesn't really scream of class (or awareness of his situation) to me.

Disappointing on the Fury WIlder fight too, just about sums it up with boxing of late that a fight no one wants to see ends up getting delayed...Seems to have been a media blackout from Fury since, I guess there's not a lot of productive things to say about the situation. Agree with @markysimmo that you got the impression any kind of bubble wasn't the main priority.

Tickets for Anthony Joshua's huge Heavyweight World Title showdown with Oleksandr Uysk at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 25 September will go on sale next week.

General Sale tickets can be purchased via StubHub from midday on Tuesday 3 August

Tickets are priced £40, £60, £80, £100, £150, £200, £400, £600 and £2000

I got my premium seats this morning, the Mrs is buzzing
Both seats were assigned to me so I would presume I'll have to get one assigned to her CRN number so she can use her phone to get in etc

Last edited:
Back