• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

WBC world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has signed his contract to face Deontay Wilder on 24 July.

Fury, 32, looked set to finalise a fight for all four world titles against Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia.

But the all-British affair fell through when Wilder's team won an arbitration hearing stating the American had a right to a third fight with Fury.

Fury attended Josh Taylor's win over Jose Ramirez in Las Vegas on Saturday, where he signed his fight contract.

"He's getting seriously smashed to bits," Fury said. "I'll give him another shoulder injury, another bicep injury, another leg injury.

"One round, you're going. I have got your soul, your mojo, everything. I own you."

Fury's deal arrives less than seven days since he appeared on social media stating he had agreed to face Joshua in August.

But 24 hours after giving the Joshua showdown the green light, Fury's plans were de-railed by Wilder's arbitration success.

Wilder, 35, refused to take any money in order to step aside and let Fury pursue the Joshua fight, where all four world heavyweight titles would have been on the line.

Joshua is now expected to defend his IBF, WBA and WBO belts against Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk in August, with a Fury bout mooted should both still hold their world titles later this year.

Fury beat Wilder to end his reign as WBC champion in Las Vegas in February 2020, 14 months after the pair drew in Los Angeles.

A venue has not yet been formally announced for their third contest but Fury's team have said Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas was already reserved for the fight date.

The stadium, completed in 2020, holds 65,000 and is home to the Las Vegas Raiders NFL franchise.

Anthony Joshua has been ordered to defend his WBO heavyweight title against mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk after the collapse of his bout with fellow Briton Tyson Fury.

Joshua, who also holds the IBF and WBA belts, had agreed to face WBC champion Fury in Saudi Arabia.

But an arbitration hearing ruled Fury must first face Deontay Wilder.

Joshua's promoter had been given 48 hours to show why a fight with Usyk should not be mandated.

Eddie Hearn requested an extension until Monday to the "show cause" notice in order to "discuss the subject matter and other related affairs" with Joshua, but Usyk's team objected.

The WBO sided with the Ukrainian former undisputed world cruiserweight champion, who had previously agreed to step aside to allow the Joshua-Fury super fight to go ahead, and said in a statement on its website: "The extension request is hereby denied."

As a result, the two fighters and their teams have until 31 May to reach an agreement for a fight or purse bids will be called

Josh Taylor delivered a titanic performance to become Britain's first undisputed world champion in the four-belt era after defeating Jose Ramirez by unanimous decision in an enthralling light-welterweight unification bout.

The Scot knocked down the American in Las Vegas with two devastating left hands on his way to recording a 114-112 score on all judges' cards.

Taylor, who is undefeated in 18 bouts after inflicting Ramirez's first loss, is just the fifth man in the sport to hold all four belts in a division.

Victory in the epic contest at the Virgin Hotel in Nevada, fewer than seven years on from winning gold at Glasgow's Commonwealth games as an amateur, means Taylor retains his IBF and WBA titles while adding the WBO and WBC belts to his cabinet.

Question marks were raised about the promotion of the event, billed as bout of the year, with fellow Brit Billy Joe Saunders fighting in front of a record indoor US crowd with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez a fortnight prior.

But there were no doubts about the quality fight fans were about to witness, with four world title belts on the line and two unbeaten records consisting of 43 contests between two pristine fighters in their prime.

There was everything to lose in Nevada, but glory was also within the grasp of two men at the peak of their powers.

Often fights with so much on the line can take time to heat up, but this one hurled out the blocks as the bell echoed out, both fighters catching each other with body shots early.

Underdog Ramirez started aggressively, catching Taylor with a jab late in the first round and continuing to impress in the second by giving the Scot trouble with a flurry of shots up against the ropes.

The American further pressed Taylor in the third, opening up and lunging forward to land a strong left hand before pressuring the Edinburgh fighter, again on the ropes, and ending the round with a strong uppercut.

Taylor almost looked overwhelmed at times with the 28-year-old's speed as both fighters exchanged tasty shots throughout the fourth, resulting in a cut opening above the Scot's left eye.

But despite the blood trickling down the 30-year-old's cheek, he composed himself to take a foothold in the fight. He came out swinging, landing a strong right hook and another left hand as the end of the fifth neared.

Then, knockdown number one. Within 15 seconds of the sixth round, the Scot sent Ramirez to the canvas with a huge left hand coming over the top. But the American responded impeccably to get back on his feet quickly and smacked a right before the home favourite took another stinging left from the Scot to top an explosive round.

Taylor showed no signs of letting up and looked well in his groove as he earned a second knockdown in the seventh, thundering a shuddering uppercut to Ramirez. This time when he staggered to his feet Taylor aimed to end the fight, but the man scrambling from the canvas was saved by the bell.

_118620286_bbc-sport-fixtures-list-square--6036b264-50a7-4b97-aa77-a0526863528d.png

The knockdowns saw Taylor up his levels and cranked him up in the scorecards as the see-sawing encounter shifted in the Scot's favour. He shone again in the eighth with another strong left hand the pick of the bunch.

With the effort both fighters put in early in the bout, fatigue was always likely to impact the occasion at some stage, and that started to become clear as Ramirez tried to gain back some control in the 10th, catching Taylor with a couple of jabs before landing a combination on him late in the round.

Ramirez had to come on strong in the closing rounds to stand a chance of leaving with all four belts, and he admirably drove himself on to jolt his opponent with a left hand in the 11th.

The American gave it his all and showed heart, unloading in the last round as Taylor refused to over commit, protecting his lead to see out an historic win in a fight-of-the-year contender.

Both men raised their hands at the final bell, but it would be Taylor who would be crowned king of the division, becoming Scotland's second undisputed world champion, half a century after his idol Ken Buchanan.

BBC Radio 5 Live boxing pundit Steve Bunce: "It was a great fight. The pair of them showed fantastic skill. Ramirez showed amazing bravery and I think Taylor showed amazing accuracy. More than that we saw pride and desire for 36 minutes. It was a rollercoaster.

"It might not happen again. We might not be standing here in five or 10 years talking about a kid achieving what he has done in 18 fights."

BBC Radio 5 Live boxing commentator Mike Costello: "I mentioned it would be one of the great achievements by any British sportsman or woman in recent years.

"Having seen it tonight, I stand by what I said. The first British fighter in the four-belt era to become an undisputed champion. One of the great performances overseas by a British boxer."

Boxing trainer Joe Gallagher: "Josh Taylor, take a bow son. What a career up until now. What a performance, an unbelievable achievement.

"What he has done tonight, he should be rewarded with all the awards at the end of this year. What a success story."

I see Pacquaio is making another comeback against Spence. Think he'll lose, Spence has looked pretty good from what I've seen.

So a title unification fight (four belts) between two UK boxers can't generate enough pay per viewing revenue? Seems strange to me. Plus the willingness to take money from Saudi isn't right, whether it comes to arms sales or entertainment.

Of course but just saying that's what's happened. Saudi have put up the money to host it above and beyond those PPVs, unfortunately just how it is

Yup, let the Saudis find $8m down the back of the sofa to pay him off, they aren't going to lose the "biggest Heavyweight fight" ever to that berk.

Looks like it's happening and they will get the post Wilder Usyk fight super fight. Wilder played a blinded, not that I agree with this level of politics in boxing but can't blame him. Waited for them to announce the split and exercised his right for rematch or give him 30m. Win win for him

Looks like it's happening and they will get the post Wilder Usyk fight super fight. Wilder played a blinded, not that I agree with this level of politics in boxing but can't blame him. Waited for them to announce the split and exercised his right for rematch or give him 30m. Win win for him

Yup, didn't expect it tbh but as you say, played a blinder.

So that's AJ vs. Usyk and Fury vs. Wilder III coming up, bit of decent entertainment there hopefully. As much as I'd like to see the AJ/Fury fight, bar the build and stakes I don't think it will be a particularly good fight.

What are the odds one of them loses these next fights and ruins the whole thing?

Good chance but both should win if you ask me.

Fury will smash up Wilder, Wilder has that one punch KO power but Fury seemed to have no problem with that last time around, not to mention coming back from the dead when he did get caught.

AJ vs. Usyk could be an interesting one... if it's in the UK and at Wembley you'd fancy AJ to win a decision barring a incredibly one sided fight for Usyk, but he does have good stamina and decent footwork, could be a tense one if AJ can't land anything good on him.

The Matchroom/DAZN partnership is going to be huge for the sport of boxing and is great news for fans.

And it excludes Joshua, I used to quite like Boxnation, had most of the big US fights and it was free with BT Sport.

Can't believe the Mayweather exhibition is on PPV - wonder how many will pay. Even crazier Mayweather is getting 100m for it.

And it excludes Joshua, I used to quite like Boxnation, had most of the big US fights and it was free with BT Sport.

Can't believe the Mayweather exhibition is on PPV - wonder how many will pay. Even crazier Mayweather is getting 100m for it.
Joshua has one more fight on SKY, then he's free. I can see AJBXNG signing up with DAZN similar to the deal struck with Canelo's promotional team.

Back