• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

'We were the better team'

Liverpool 0-2 Everton

cb9a8c5d-f65a-4746-95f0-73d52a1c9ca2.jpg

Liverpool

Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum tells Sky Sports: "You know what the derby means for the club, the supporters, the players - it means a lot and the loss is extra painful.

"The first goal we conceded, we tried to keep possession when the long ball came instead of clearing it away. In the first couple of minutes you should take less risk, a pass through the defence and they scored. One more chance after that and we were the better team.

"Losing players during the season upset us a lot. We cannot play the victims, we have to deal with the situation and not feel sorry for ourselves. We have to give until the end of the season, it is painful and you could see if on the faces of the players. That is the situation we are in right now and we have to deal with it.

"Winning games in the Premier League is always difficult and the injuries don't make it easier, we still have a squad who can change it around and we have to work harder to change it around."

We can't defend. Everton's gameplay hasn't really any different than our own. They do seem better suited to playing the deep block and they don't have defenders making bone headed decisions.
I

I think that's a stretch, they got away with all their mistakes, that's the difference. Mane had 3 headed chances virtually in the 6 yard box. I worked up more of a sweat than James just watching. Over all Everton were poor and rose their luck.

I

I think that's a stretch, they got away with all their mistakes, that's the difference. Mane had 3 headed chances virtually in the 6 yard box. I worked up more of a sweat than James just watching. Over all Everton were poor and rose their luck.

And you can throw in the chance that Firmino had, that he would bury every time against us

Saudi Sportswashing Machine: "He's coming for you, he's coming for you, Scotty Parker, he's coming for you"

If Fulham can see this out, they are right in with a shout of staying up.

A few weeks ago I was sure the bottom 3 were gone. There could be some squeaky bums up on Tyneside and down in Brighton over the next few months now

I couldnt see how he could avoid being hit by Calvert Lewin, he was on the floor with CL behind him, I would be very annoyed if we had that given against us.
Think it was for the kick wasn’t it, after the contact to the back of TAA’s head, he raises his leg and trips Calvert Lewin. I honestly thought TAA’s reaction to it was most telling, he looked very sheepish, I didn’t see him complain and seemed to hide away trying to avoid a card?

Back