• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

Only 3 points ahead, with 2 games in hand, in a league cup final, in the next round of the FA cup, whilst Arsenal are out of both and only half a season gone... I guess it depends which way you look at your glass really?

I don't know how to use the like button.

Only 3 points ahead, with 2 games in hand, in a league cup final, in the next round of the FA cup, whilst Arsenal are out of both and only half a season gone... I guess it depends which way you look at your glass really?

Will be 1 game after we've played Liverpool and finals don't mean jack unless you win;)

Relax - it was just an observation...

Has it been noted we're only 3 points in front of the scum?
Give them a couple more games in hand, who knows they might even get level with us:D

I look at any team who goes on a good run for a few games and see where they are in the table then because that is likely to be around their peak now. No team except Emirates Marketing Project is good enough to go on an extended run of games in this league. So for example, we went on a good run and went top - we are in the mix for CL, same as Man U went top, Leicester did etc All in the mix for the top spots. But when Arsenal have gone on their good run they are 8th having played 2-3 games more than everyone else around them. They are not good enough to go on a run that much longer than anyone else and don’t think they will finish any better than 7/8th. Same for West Ham, who are only 4th due to more games played aswell....

So for example, we went on a good run and went top - we are in the mix for CL, same as Man U went top, Leicester did etc All in the mix for the top spots. But when Arsenal have gone on their good run they are 8th having played 2-3 games more than everyone else around them.

Thats a good point.

There also seems to be a weird coincidence with this seasons fixtures, that most teams played several of the bottom sides (West Brom, Brighton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Sheff Utd) in a row.

i.e. Arse had a good win against Chelsea, but otherwise their wins were against West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Brighton.

(Whereas we are the 1st team to play Liverpool twice. Will be almost the 1st team to play Chelsea and City twice.)

This is the main reason teams are up & down imo - easier fixtures.

Yes and no @elyid

You could say that our league form has been up and down due to fixture placement...but...we drew against Fulham, Palace, and West Ham. Those are not the top teams. We dropped points as we were unable to finish teams off, or to defend well enough. Our defeats this season have come against Liverpool, Everton, and Leicester. Those are tougher teams but those losses are not the reason why we fell back. Not beating Fulham, Palace, and a goal shy Wolves was.

Have Chelsea looked any good? Just looking at the stats and they have had over 400 passes in this first half!!

I know this goes against everything we are told on tv and written press but I don’t get the Mount love in, he’s alright and all that but seems every time he touches the ball it’s made out to be something special.

Grealish, Maddison and in particular Foden are in a different league to him.
Always a Chelsea youth love-in by the press, Tyler always nonces him up on commentary

Back