• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

Chelsea are rubbish
Poorly managed
Over hyped
No leaders on and off the pitch
They non-figuratively went scattered gun this summer and backed a clown shoe manager

The have a decent squad but will be 9th in the table after this - their squad is better than that. Lampard did well at derby but is clearly not getting the most out of the squad at the moment. I'd expect him to survive longer though compared to if he was a foreign manager with no connections to the club

Chelsea just three points ahead of Arsenal and played the same number of games after this!

That said, the table is tight and they do have some decent players so I still think top 4 this season is Liverpool, Man C and any 2 from the teams down to 9th (though realistically I dont expect Southampton to be there).

Villa and Everton have a big advantage from not being in Europe, and if Villa lose to Liverpool in the FAC next week, their calendar will clear up even more

I think Liverpool will send a scratch team there so that their key players get 2 weeks rest before the crunch United match

The have a decent squad but will be 9th in the table after this - their squad is better than that. Lampard did well at derby but is clearly not getting the most out of the squad at the moment. I'd expect him to survive longer though compared to if he was a foreign manager with no connections to the club
They have a squad that’s hyped up to be better than it is
I’ve seen someone say that CHO could start for Bayern... that’s the level the dillusion is at behind the hype
I’ve heard people claim chilwell is a top 3 left back. He may be top 3 in London now but even that’s debatable
They just don’t have the players of the quality for the money they spent

They have a squad that’s hyped up to be better than it is
I’ve seen someone say that CHO could start for Bayern... that’s the level the dillusion is at behind the hype
I’ve heard people claim chilwell is a top 3 left ¹back. He may be top 3 in London now but even that’s debatable
They just don’t have the players of the quality for the money they spent

It has been hyped up beyond belief but its still way, way better than it was last year (when he was praised for having a team of homegrown youngsters lol) It should be getting better results this season and he deserves to be under pressure. I not fussed about Lampard one way or the other but any other Chelsea manager would really start feeling nervous if they don't start climbing back up to the top 4 soon.

It has been hyped up beyond belief but its still way, way better than it was last year (when he was praised for having a team of homegrown youngsters lol) It should be getting better results this season and he deserves to be under pressure. I not fussed about Lampard one way or the other but any other Chelsea manager would really start feeling nervous if they don't start climbing back up to the top 4 soon.
It’s better than last seasons but last season was freakishly odd with COVID too

Werner, Havertz and Ziytec where all top money and much fancied by quite a few “experts”.
Obviously the are not that good or ‘need time to settle’ as is often dragged out on here.

Werner, Havertz and Ziytec where all top money and much fancied by quite a few “experts”.
Obviously the are not that good or ‘need time to settle’ as is often dragged out on here.
Their is talent and talent needs time
But the experts are IMO rarely experts as they all carry a natural bias based on their knowledge or allegiance
Werner like very erratic in front of goal against us in the CL. That’s a yard stick to judge him on INO as it was against EPL level opposition
Werner was class but played very much in a free ish attacking role. At Chelsea that role isn’t there abd he also doesn’t have a quality line leader in front of him. His confidence looks shot too
Ziyech is class IMO but very inflexible. Totally one footed too. And he seems to have recurring fitness issues that he also had at Ajax in and off.
Chilwell has been hyped as he is English. That about all I can see in him as he isn’t great at anything. IMO abs is Ben Davies level. Steady and that’s it
The keeper they thought was great abs world class not that long ago. He gives the ball away every game and makes decent saves but isn’t top notch by any means
Their success has been an ageing Brazilian centre back at the very tail of his career

Agreed. They overpaid for some players last summer given that prices should have been lower due to the pandemic but its still a decent squad and fat frank has them underperforming

Impressive from Southampton. They are the team that resembles us in the early days of Poch. Not sure they'll keep it up the second half. Will defo need another goal.

Back