• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

LOL, honestly dont think they would go there.

They seem to be priding themselves on playing expansive, attacking football - more likely to try and tempt someone like Martinez IMO.

Unless Madrid beat them to him!

If they're 'pretty descent', on that scale the rest of us are bang average.

By comparison yes. But that is nothing I would not expect from such a wealthy 'business'.
It calls it to question Manchester United inability to get close with similar wealth I would agree, but that's another issue.
But City is not a football club any more than PSG are. They are both just shell companies purchased to enable their respective owner's to collect groups of top players and managers and us it to advertising and promoting their respective countries public relations.
PSG and City are now irrelevant for me as a football fan.
You know when something is really up when Barcelona and Real are upset by their methods, that's like the bitter gets bit, but they are going through a 'natural' levelling in Spain ATM which is great for European football. This will never happen in the EPL or League Un.
They PSG and City both play decent football but they both are counterfeit at their core and any achievement will be a sham.

LOL, honestly dont think they would go there.

They will. (he needs a new pool for his US villa)
Sam does a job. That what they need. Such a shame. Sessegnon will be looking for a way out :oops: very soon. :D. (city need a tea boy so no point in bidding)

Their owner is very strange.
Had good team.
Win promotion and buy ten players!
Khan has more money than sense.

Their promotion was unexpected, and the squad was never a PL one.

When they came up I pointed out - they had an ok 11 and virtually nothing behind it.

The buys they have made have all looked smart, they needed to bring in some quality and depth.

And yet, it just hasnt gelled. Jokanovic hasnt helped by chopping and changing both players and tactics every game, and not just settling on a safety first period.

Everything about how they have operated suggests to me Allardyce just isnt their sort of manager, as I say - someone like Martinez is much more their cup of tea. He is someone who will play attacking football, and has also saved teams from relegation*.

*That being said, I think Martinez is a terrible manager and would almost certainly be a disaster. Allardyce much more a sure thing - I just dont see them looking at it that way.

Wolves bought a fair few players in the summer too iirc, but they seem to have much more of a plan and an identity as a team. When I watch Fulham, I'm not sure what they are trying to do to be honest. But one thing you can't be in the Premier League is a soft team.

I was half-joking re. Big Sam, but who knows? As I have said a few times (and I repeat myself as I'm a boring qunt) they didn't spend £100m+ in the summer to get relegated. And Allardyce would definitely love Mitrovic...

Wolves bought a fair few players in the summer too iirc, but they seem to have much more of a plan and an identity as a team. When I watch Fulham, I'm not sure what they are trying to do to be honest. But one thing you can't be in the Premier League is a soft team.

I was half-joking re. Big Sam, but who knows? As I have said a few times (and I repeat myself as I'm a boring qunt) they didn't spend £100m+ in the summer to get relegated. And Allardyce would definitely love Mitrovic...

At this point last year Fulham were 17th in the Championship having won maybe 2 games? They were shocking.

That they got promoted shows the insane run they went on, and IMHO it came too soon. They didnt grow and develop and get promoted, they came up on a wave of form that was mental.

Conversely, Wolves were seriously good all season, a class above everyone else and looking every bit the premiership side.

While things might look similar between them, they really are chalk and cheese.

Allardyce is anathema to a team with designs on playing good football. He wouldnt last there long, IMHO, though there is every chance he could keep them up. I guess it depends on the clubs priorities, lets be honest it wouldnt be the craziest thing if they went for him, but I just dont see it - I think other options are more likely.

Either way, Jokanovic is literally shooting himself in the foot - looks like he has lost it completely. There is a well worn play book of how to come up and stay up, and he is doing the opposite.

By comparison yes. But that is nothing I would not expect from such a wealthy 'business'.
It calls it to question Manchester United inability to get close with similar wealth I would agree, but that's another issue.
But City is not a football club any more than PSG are. They are both just shell companies purchased to enable their respective owner's to collect groups of top players and managers and us it to advertising and promoting their respective countries public relations.
PSG and City are now irrelevant for me as a football fan.
You know when something is really up when Barcelona and Real are upset by their methods, that's like the bitter gets bit, but they are going through a 'natural' levelling in Spain ATM which is great for European football. This will never happen in the EPL or League Un.
They PSG and City both play decent football but they both are counterfeit at their core and any achievement will be a sham.
You digress:D....but completely agree.

I would never want us to 'get there' that way.....in fact I'm more than happy with the way we are doing it.

You digress:D....but completely agree.

I would never want us to 'get there' that way.....in fact I'm more than happy with the way we are doing it.

You compare us to City. I don’t.

If we did it the PSG/City way I’d rather follow Arsenal (ok a little OTT ;)) but you get my drift.

You compare us to City. I don’t.

If we did it the PSG/City way I’d rather follow Arsenal (ok a little OTT ;)) but you get my drift.
I compare us to City in the tippy tappy, pub chat back and forth of the GG premier League thread...in the deeper threads 'football and money' 'daniel Levy' ..yep we have little in common.

I like watching them, (they have many players I like and hardly any c.unts) and in that moment it's sublime football. How they pulled all this together though, is of course total gonad*s, but occasionally I'm not thinking about that while watching.

I compare us to City in the tippy tappy, pub chat back and forth of the GG premier League thread...in the deeper threads 'football and money' 'daniel Levy' ..yep we have little in common.

I like watching them, (they have many players I like and hardly any c.unts) and in that moment it's sublime football. How they pulled all this together though, is of course total gonads, but occasionally I'm not thinking about that while watching.

I agree I like watching them beat some like United, Liverpool, well you know the rest.
City are on a perpetual PR charm offensive with every action they take, that makes me very uneasy.

Premier League clubs are to discuss a Football Association proposal that would see the number of foreign players in squads reduced to deal with Brexit, Sky Sports News has been told.

Currently, Premier League squads can have up to 17 players from abroad in their 25-man squads but, under an FA plan, that number would be reduced to 12 with a resulting increase in homegrown players to 13.

Clubs will consider the idea at a meeting on Thursday, one involving a representative from all 20 clubs where a number of other issues will be discussed - the future use of VAR is expected to be high on the agenda

An FA spokesperson told Sky Sports News: " We are continuing to work with the Premier League, EFL and range of government departments, including: DCMS; Home Office and Treasury during this consultation period."

The Premier League also released a statement, which read: "Like many other organisations dependent on a combination of domestic and international talent, we are waiting to better understand what the political and regulatory landscape will be after the UK leaves the European Union

"Access to talented footballers from across Europe has played a key part in the growth of the Premier League, with match attendance and global interest increasing significantly as high quality foreign players have taken their place in the competition with and against the best British and Irish players.

"We have held positive discussions with Government about the importance of access to European players for our clubs, and the many cultural and economic benefits a globally popular Premier League brings to the UK."

Currently there are no restrictions on players from countries within the EU, with its constitution allowing for 'the free movement of labour between member nations.'

Sky Sports News previously reported that, post-Brexit, the Home Office could resort to a work permit system for European Union nationals that currently applies to those from outside Europe.

That could mean it being much tougher for players who are not regular senior internationals to move to the Premier League.

But, with full details of any Brexit deal still to be made public, football is one of many industries awaiting answers ahead of the impending March 29 withdrawal date.

Premier League clubs are to discuss a Football Association proposal that would see the number of foreign players in squads reduced to deal with Brexit, Sky Sports News has been told.

Currently, Premier League squads can have up to 17 players from abroad in their 25-man squads but, under an FA plan, that number would be reduced to 12 with a resulting increase in homegrown players to 13.

Clubs will consider the idea at a meeting on Thursday, one involving a representative from all 20 clubs where a number of other issues will be discussed - the future use of VAR is expected to be high on the agenda

An FA spokesperson told Sky Sports News: " We are continuing to work with the Premier League, EFL and range of government departments, including: DCMS; Home Office and Treasury during this consultation period."

The Premier League also released a statement, which read: "Like many other organisations dependent on a combination of domestic and international talent, we are waiting to better understand what the political and regulatory landscape will be after the UK leaves the European Union

"Access to talented footballers from across Europe has played a key part in the growth of the Premier League, with match attendance and global interest increasing significantly as high quality foreign players have taken their place in the competition with and against the best British and Irish players.

"We have held positive discussions with Government about the importance of access to European players for our clubs, and the many cultural and economic benefits a globally popular Premier League brings to the UK."

Currently there are no restrictions on players from countries within the EU, with its constitution allowing for 'the free movement of labour between member nations.'

Sky Sports News previously reported that, post-Brexit, the Home Office could resort to a work permit system for European Union nationals that currently applies to those from outside Europe.

That could mean it being much tougher for players who are not regular senior internationals to move to the Premier League.

But, with full details of any Brexit deal still to be made public, football is one of many industries awaiting answers ahead of the impending March 29 withdrawal date.

The FA are not fit for purpose, no wonder clubs in the Championship want to break away now.

Its a brickhouse idea and will turn the PL into the SPL

I've nothing against good foreign players being in the greed league, there are far too many bang average players strolling about in it. Clubs need to work harder at producing their own players and get a meaningful reserve league as making the step up from age limit football has not worked.

Back