1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Kandi1977, 24 May 2018.

1. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Vedran Corluka

VAR wouldn't have made a difference to the winner at the weekend, would it? Dodgy diving free kick but not every decision will be reviewed.
    Teams like Liverpool will find a ay to get round it.

2. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Jonathan Woodgate

Yeah.
    I know two City fans. One is nearly 50 and the other is my brother-in-law.
    Both suffered through harder tundra-like periods of supporting their team, like we have done. I don't like what their team now is but I don't begrudge the longer-suffering fans their joy.

Robbo, K.D.D.D.D.Soc and milo like this.
  3. Mikey10

Mikey10 Steed Malbranque

Carragher’s quietly furious. Someone on the motorway is getting a face full of spit later.

4. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

They seem to have a hard time attracting glory hunters, which makes the so called market value of the sponsorship deals their owners are paying for even more of a joke. Nobody cares about them at all.

JerusalemMan likes this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

I had a mate who worked at The Guardian and he had a season ticket and he went up to all weekend home games even back when they were in 3rd division, he passed away 4 years ago but he was over the moon about getting the better of United after virtually 60 years in their shadow.

Robbo and Mikey10 like this.
  6. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Jonathan Woodgate

I am sad to be missing this.

The suppressed tantrum-ridden punditry, obviously. Not the faceful of phlegm.

Mikey10 likes this.
  7. mudshark

mudshark Mauricio Taricco

The same reason only exclusive broadcast packages are available, that in any other commercial field would be deemed anti-competitive.

Robbo likes this.
  8. Mikey10

Mikey10 Steed Malbranque

9. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

The only Emirates Marketing Project fans I know are all Mancs born and bred (yet to meet a ManUre fan who is actually from the Manchester o_O) who’ve watched their club languish in the shadow of local reds for decades, so I don’t begrudge them their silverware and remind them that it’s only because they won the Arab lotto if they gloat :D

Most football fans aren’t shameless enough to change allegiances, so guess it’ll take a few more years before we notice glory-hunting youngsters adding to their ranks. Just as how I only knew a handful of Chelsea fans up until a decade ago but now I see almost as many chavs smoking outside local Wetherspoon wearing that shirt as I do Goons.

parklane1, K.D.D.D.D.Soc and milo like this.
  10. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Naybet

Was watching the Manc derby the other day in a pub in London and when City scored the packed pub was utterly silent. Not even a solitary shout.

11. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

Gotta say I was quite impressed by how forthright both Bernardo Silva and Kompany were in post-match interviews. Good players who don't sound in the least like they're impressed with themselves. Great command of English, too. Compare that to the half-Esperanto-half-Yoda claptrap Unai Emery spouts in that PeeWee Herman tone of voice.

12. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

You should print that on a t-shirt and flog it round Ain'tField.

13. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

Easily the most bizarre aspect of the game. Thought it was the right call to replace Foden, then he plays so tame and lifeless, like he didn't want to win. Scarcely showed any pace down the wing or tried to beat a man one-on-one.

Pizzed off because he doesn't get more playing time?

14. SWP29

SWP29 Adel Taarabt

He's an absurdly good player - but only some of the time. Certainly not one you can count on or build a team around. He's not really proved that he can play well against teams who defend really deep, which is a problem as that's what 70% of matches are when you're one of the top 4 teams in the league.

15. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

Gonna be a hell of a last matchday. Did it ever happen before that all top six spors were undecided going into the final gameweek?

Sky must be happy with this.

16. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

Foden is one of the best young English prospects I've seen for years, with the ability to run games from midfield, something we've been looking for years, he's lacking in experience at the top level and needs to play in important games like this to develop. I'm more than pleased to see him get a chance rather than Sane or any other foreign player. Seem all rather hypocritical to praise Poch for giving youth a chance and condem Pep, it's going to be far harder for Foden at City than any other club to break through and it's good to see him play.

17. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Gus Poyet

Sky Red ..oh sorry sky sports has been insufferable last couple of months with spit the dog and big nose banging on about their respective clubs.........i miss the impartiality of pundits now,its like social club with each pundit coming on with their old jerseys tucked under their shirt and tie....never get a balanced view on any game anymore.

How many times have we got to hear from Neville on whats wrong at Utd....another twenty minute rant last night ,fudge off we don't care ok.....and Carragher saying it be this and that if liverpool don't win the title for 20th time after each liverpool game ...can't wait for the season to end so we dont have to hear those two bangng on again again again....

18. Yiddo

Yiddo Dean Richards

Ineacho (sp) 400% missed that opportunity on purpose.

19. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

Nah, he's just not that good.

harr1984 likes this.
  20. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Jimmy Neighbour

upload_2019-5-7_14-22-14.png