• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

What a horrible team Burnley are. Time wasting, long ball, flat track bullies, no real quality up front but well organised defensively with excellent centre halves and a good keeper. A real throwback to the old English game. Just the team we need to play the scum at home on the last day of the season.

Think the Goons will drop points there.

As long as City dont

Praying for a Manure - Cheatski draw! Will mean 75 points is enough, probably 74 unless we really screw up our goal difference.

We could learn a lot from them in that regard.

Hope you’re right. Now they’re safe they might turn up for the game in flip flops.

Always feel with Burnley that if they have a reason to p.iss you off or if you p.iss them off in a game they can easily turn on the Burnley we all hate and turn the match into a war of brickhousery (especially at their place when the crowd get up for it as well)

Hmm. I still think he could work for us due to not being the focal point of attack where defenders could afford to double or triple up and keep kicking him. We have other players to spread the attention which may give him that bit more time and space to have a little more consistency.

Or, yes, he could be infuriatingly inconsistent. But I'd take a chance on him if we aren't charged an exorbitant price.

Ive said similar of him for a while now, if he plays for us I see one of two things happening:

1) He occupies 2 and 3 defenders as he does for Palace and Alli/Kane/Son etc have an absolute field day unmarked or in space, or
2) Said players demand attention from defenders and so Zaha has MORE space than he does now to really do the business.

I know he is a player of unrealised potential, and I know people are quite sceptical of him, but I honestly think he could add a dimension to this team and be a genuine game changer.

Ive said similar of him for a while now, if he plays for us I see one of two things happening:

1) He occupies 2 and 3 defenders as he does for Palace and Alli/Kane/Son etc have an absolute field day unmarked or in space, or
2) Said players demand attention from defenders and so Zaha has MORE space than he does now to really do the business.

I know he is a player of unrealised potential, and I know people are quite sceptical of him, but I honestly think he could add a dimension to this team and be a genuine game changer.
I think your analysis could be right.Howewer I am skeptical 1. because of the price and 2. unrealised potential at 26...bit late? I just feel he's always got his own little world going on in a game and i'm not sure how that translates into a team with a system and great team spirit?

I think your analysis could be right.Howewer I am skeptical 1. because of the price and 2. unrealised potential at 26...bit late? I just feel he's always got his own little world going on in a game and i'm not sure how that translates into a team with a system and great team spirit?

I completely understand that, and think its totally fair.

I sit with a Palace fan at work and was having this very conversation this morning, and I said to him "I know Zaha has a lot more in him, but I also think its fair to question at 26 if he will or wont realise it, I think he is at that tipping point"

There is that "What if?" factor with him.

Personally I really believe in a team specifically like ours, in Pochs world, Zaha would absolutely thrive. More so than if he went to Chelsea or someone like that. Though that is of course my opinion.

And I really think a player of his outrageous skill, with the speed, strength and versatility he has, would add a massive amount to this squad and team.

Money? Well its one of those, if we actually pay for him Im sure its an ok deal (most likely a fair amount based on performance etc) so I dont worry to much about it. Though if there is better available for the same or less Im all for that too.

Have to say, I think having someone like Zaha available last night would have made the world of difference.

This is the next step for us, last night could have gone one of two ways.

1) Like it did, with us labouring to a hard fought victory, or
2) We break them early, score a goal, and basically cruise the rest of the game. The have to come out to try and score and we pick them off.

The title winning teams do 2 a lot more than 1, it is a very effective way to conserve energy for the bigger matches.

We need a means to break through those deep sitting defences effectively, and I think its fair to say its something we really struggle with.

Someone like Zaha, able to break through the lines, take defenders out of the equation and make real opportunities would be invaluable to us.

Utd playing a back 3 tonight against City - think thats asking for trouble. Mind you, Rashford and Lingard running at Kompany could be ugly...

Back