• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Just reading a bit of Red Cafe, seems like they all want him gone now. Amazing all the money they have spent in recent seasons and they still need so much work.

Saying that, a good coach would get much more from a midfield that contains Mata, Martial, Pogba. For a start, a good coach might pick them to start games. Then said coach might actually back those players instead of qunting them off whenever possible. A quality centre-half and forward added to those players mentioned and hey presto, you have a team better than Arsenal.

Liverpool are simply miles better than United. 19 points above them! I’m not even worried about united catching us. It’s been us, scum and Chelsea for 3rd.

That's the one upside from this result. We're now down to a three-club race for the last two top four positions and we can handle ourselves in this fight. Never expected Spurs to challenge for the top spot this year, yet we're not out of the picture and heading into a stretch of games against lower-placed sides.

Just reading a bit of Red Cafe, seems like they all want him gone now. Amazing all the money they have spent in recent seasons and they still need so much work.

Saying that, a good coach would get much more from a midfield that contains Mata, Martial, Pogba. For a start, a good coach might pick them to start games. Then said coach might actually back those players instead of qunting them off whenever possible. A quality centre-half and forward added to those players mentioned and hey presto, you have a team better than Arsenal.

I'm always amused to hear the lazy, cliché-obsessed pundits say that United should buy Pochettino.

As if a bright man in a great situation would drop all that to dive into the United cesspool. #fcukwitsenregalia

The flip side of that is, that if you do take the United job, there is really only one way you can take them, and it’s probably a good time to get concessions of control from the ownership.

I don’t think Poch would turn United down. Regardless of how bad they are now they are still the biggest club in the country and they honestly can’t get much worse so the job is nowhere near as daunting as it would have been after SAF left. Let’s not kid ourselves he’d be backed financially too.

As for Liverpool, they are where they are on merit. They’ve had some luck in the big games, Mahrez missing a penalty in injury time against them comes to mind. Emirates Marketing Project have arguably been the best team but they also deservedly lost to Chelsea. That’s why they are below Liverpool.

I think Emirates Marketing Project will win it but it will be close between those two.

GHod this Liverpool tossfest is unbearable.
Commentator saying if they win this they win anything.
Man U are brick, get over it!

The press seem very conflicted about what narrative to take. They are torn between the Liverpool tossfest and the United train wreck. If Liverpool are so good, why is United losing 3-1 at Anfield so bad? If United are so bad, what is so special about beating them at home. A team at the top should expect to beat a team closer to the bottom than the top. And any team should consider a visit to the team at the top of the table a difficult fixture.

I don’t think Poch would turn United down.
It depends on if wants to roll the dice at this time.
I think he is creating something which could cement his high standing within the games for the rest of his management career. Not sure he needs the turbulence that is going on a United at the moment.
They need a complete restructuring of the club from being a shirt and memorabilia retailer back to being a football club.

Liverpool have had an amazing start to the season, their best ever. And they are only just infront. Brilliant to be top, though must be a bit disheartening to not be a good few points clear. One slip and City take over again.
Then let's hope they've got someone on hand to remind them not to let it slip

Then let's hope they've got someone on hand to remind them not to let it slip

giphy.gif

Gerrard is lucky that it always gets referred to as the slip. It wasn't the slip that gave the chance, it was the poor first touch. The slip may have prevented him getting a chance to redeem himself with a tackle, but wasn't the key error.

I could watch that all day long.

It is strangely mesmerising, isn't it? :D

Back