• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

Its still in our hands.If you could pick 4 games to end the season we would pretty much have take this.If we can't beat watford,Saudi Sportswashing Machine and leicester at home then we don't deserve to be there and major questions will be asked and we know what the narrative will be.I really didn't agree with a weakend team for the brighton game and if we lose the semi it will be a huge question on the mentality of the squad and just for a bit extra pressure chelsea will likely be 2 points behind us.

The way I see it, the season is now reset for Saturday. We have 6 games (if we include a potential FA Cup final) to secure Champions League football and win the FA Cup. We have a 5 point head start for this mini league, plus a goal difference that is worth another point. 7 points would probably do it, even if Chelsea won all their games -- and I doubt that they will.

We've got this, no problems. Let's just win on Saturday.

Dyche has done a great job with Burnley, but he needs to buy a forward with real pace. It'd make a big difference for them imo.

They do lack pace. Have struggled for goals in a big way, but its hard - what quality players want to go to Burnley?

So they are like we were years ago, scouting smaller leagues for a gem. Wood looks really good, but got injured for ages.

My real fear for them is if they actually do get EUROPA as looks likely, itll crush them. They dont have the squad or experience for it to do anything else...

Mark Hughes

"We need to be on the front foot," said Hughes. "We have to ask more questions than we did of Leicester."

Southampton's Shane Long was denied from close range in the second half after Leicester striker Kelechi Iheanacho went close before the break.

Saints keeper Alex McCarthy also tipped over Jamie Vardy's prodded effort as Leicester searched for a winner.

"Defensively we were better but we have got to get the balance right," added Hughes. "We need to defend properly and be a threat the other way.

"Only time will tell to see whether the point is enough for us. We are looking to get maximum points from every game now.

I didnt watch the game, but had SSN on while doing other stuff, and from what they were saying SCBC closed up shop for a point for the last 20 minutes (at least). They made a point of saying it looked deliberate, as Hughes wasnt telling them to get up field or anything.

Sounded a lot like Leicester were on their holidays. Still dangerous on the counter, but there for the taking.

And AFTER settling for a point, and quite deliberately NOT "looking to get maximum points from the game" he says the above?!

No because when you win when you don't expect, it makes it sweeter, when you lose and you are negative, you think, yeh knew it, Still hurts tho.
Fair enough, I guess we all have our own defensive shield.
Personally I'm enjoying looking forward to games, and going into games feeling we should/will win. It certainly beats the days when we actually were rubbish and I would always expect the worst.

Back