• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

the fact that they hit their target and still have games to play shouldn't be ignored

if he'd kept his team up 8 years in a row on the last day he'd be seen as some kind of miracle worker

Liverpool back where they belong apparently, apart from the fact they have been below us and out of the top 5 for 7 out of the last seasons

Absolutely delighted that Arsenal missed out on the CL :):):) Yeah Liverpool getting in makes them a bigger threat to us but we finished in the top 4 too so if offsets them getting top 4 to a degree plus Liverpool are not our rivals, Arsenal are. Arsenal have always found a way to sneak in the back door on the last day; lasagne, Fulop etc but their luck has finally run out, not to mention they have stood still and over teams have overtaken them.

Absolutely delighted that Arsenal missed out on the CL :):):) Yeah Liverpool getting in makes them a bigger threat to us but we finished in the top 4 too so if offsets them getting top 4 to a degree plus Liverpool are not our rivals, Arsenal are. Arsenal have always found a way to sneak in the back door on the last day; lasagne, Fulop etc but their luck has finally run out, not to mention they have stood still and over teams have overtaken them.
Yes - it was particularly sweet that Lollerpool should definitely have had a red card for Lovren and penalty against, early doors, when he flattened a wee nipper. If the ref had any talent/ eyes/ cojones/ morals that would have happened and then...

Huddersfield and Reading to play for the right to finish 19th or 20th next season, it would be a miracle for the winner to stay up.

Find it hard to accept the fact we were the best team in PL but Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal won all the trophies. It is proven yet again that experience win you trophies, not youth. As they say, kids don't win trophies ! We badly lack experienced players in the team who have won major trophies elsewhere. We need to sign experienced players in the mould of Davids, Naybet and VDV who could guide the team on how to win trophies. ManU were a mediocre team in the pre-PL era until they signed Cantona who brought winning mentality to them. We badly need a player like that to help us win trophies.

Find it hard to accept the fact we were the best team in PL but Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal won all the trophies. It is proven yet again that experience win you trophies, not youth. As they say, kids don't win trophies ! We badly lack experienced players in the team who have won major trophies elsewhere. We need to sign experienced players in the mould of Davids, Naybet and VDV who could guide the team on how to win trophies. ManU were a mediocre team in the pre-PL era until they signed Cantona who brought winning mentality to them. We badly need a player like that to help us win trophies.

I agree, but can't see us getting close to the 5 above in the wages race until we have moved to the new stadium.
No Zlatan's for Spurs........

I agree, but can't see us getting close to the 5 above in the wages race until we have moved to the new stadium.
No Zlatan's for Spurs........
Even then we don't have a hope of getting near Utd, City and Chelsea in terms of wages.

They are, respectively, the biggest club in world football with merchandising sales beyond anything teams outside the Spanish two can even contemplate, nouveau riche oil money clams and nouveau riche gas money clams.

FFP is clearly never going to be properly applied and even when it is, there won't be any punishment worth talking about.

Last edited:

I wonder how many would take Rooney if the money was right.

I wonder how many would take Rooney if the money was right.

i've always been a fan of rooney, I feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves, I don't see him being a fit for anything we currently do though

his experience would be valuable and a help to the bairns i'm sure but how could we justify the wages

3rd choice keeper maybe ;)

Back