• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

But he is so so so inexperienced.

But he did play under a whole range of top, top draw managers, has extensive international experience and has played extremely recently.

So if this was a subtle (or less than subtle) dig at those knocking Deadwood it isn't really an equivalent situation now, is it?

So did Roy Keane

or perhaps Paul Ince

Conversely Mourinho didnt nor did whats his face AVB ;) or Wenger

My response was to the two posts above my reply which I felt were comparing him to AVB who was so so inexperienced (as a manager) and spoke many languages.

But he did play under a whole range of top, top draw managers, has extensive international experience and has played extremely recently.

So if this was a subtle (or less than subtle) dig at those knocking Deadwood it isn't really an equivalent situation now, is it?

Well like I pointed out - playing at the highest level doesnt correlate to, and guarantee, success and conversely, as it so happens, playing at the lowest level or not at all does not correlate to lack of success.

Ps it did start off as a dig but actually its a bit more than that and its actually a separate discussion - I dont think you generally need experience to be successful and certainly dont have to have been a player who played at the highest level in order to be successful

Last edited:
I keep looking at chances PL strikers are scoring and thinking...

....Soldado isn't getting any chaces like that

....or through passes like that

....or breaks of the ball like that

....or chances like, oh!, like that one!....no, none of those either!

He's just getting cosmic amounts of dingdong over and over.

Well like I pointed out - playing at the highest level doesnt correlate to, and guarantee, success and conversely, as it so happens, playing at the lowest level or not at all does not correlate to lack of success.

Ps it did start off as a dig but actually its a bit more than that and its actually a separate discussion - I dont think you generally need experience to be successful and certainly dont have to have been a player who played at the highest level in order to be successful

I always liked the former Italian manager's response to his absence of a playing career -- no one says you have to be a race winning horse in order to be a successful jockey!

Ha. That's exactly what I was thinking. Vultures, eh?

Tomorrows Daily Telegraph

s3op.jpg

Think he is out of our reach already. Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea will probably fight out a good old bidding war for him.

Dont be surprised if the fee will be £30m+

Back