• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The NFL Thread

Great end to the game but fudge the half time show off. What a shower of brick. If I was playing the biggest game of my sporting career and some washed up old hag pop star came to interrupt with a 30 minute concert, I'd be fudging livid.

Maybe this rant should go in the stupid Americans thread...

half time was appalling. Half an hour FFS! Belichick said it was basically like getting the team to get going for the start of another game.

Great end to the game but fudge the half time show off. What a shower of brick. If I was playing the biggest game of my sporting career and some washed up old hag pop star came to interrupt with a 30 minute concert, I'd be fudging livid.

Maybe this rant should go in the stupid Americans thread...

Every time I watch a half-time show, I half-expect a tittie to pop out.
But yeah, the show was pretty awful. From the lip-syncing to the highly-choreographed dancing, these types of shows just don't do it for me.

Stupid fudging americans...

Every time I watch a half-time show, I half-expect a tittie to pop out.
But yeah, the show was pretty awful. From the lip-syncing to the highly-choreographed dancing, these types of shows just don't do it for me.

Stupid fudging americans...

The show was terribly cringe-worthy, but it could be my favourite band playing and I would still find it totally unnecessary. Why do they need to create an even bigger event than the biggest event? Sport is sport and if you're trying to entice people to watch a game with a half time show and a bunch of ads, you're doing it wrong.

(Note: I like 'football' a lot - I've been down to Buffalo a few times to see the Bills and love it).

I watched up until half time, couldn't really handle the madonna situation and went to bed instead.

I really do like watching American football, I've never found Rugby to be a great spectator sport although I did play it a lot as a kid, always seemed to get a bit bogged down and frustrating. Wheras NFL seems to be a lot more co-ordinated and tactical.

Re the madonna thing, I guess some people somewhere must like her for her to have got as successful as she is, but she's just fudging horrible, and anyone who like's NFL isn't really going to be that likely to like Madonna. Think I made to the decision to give it a miss if it was half an hour, fudging mental.

I watched up until half time, couldn't really handle the madonna situation and went to bed instead.

I really do like watching American football, I've never found Rugby to be a great spectator sport although I did play it a lot as a kid, always seemed to get a bit bogged down and frustrating. Wheras NFL seems to be a lot more co-ordinated and tactical.

Re the madonna thing, I guess some people somewhere must like her for her to have got as successful as she is, but she's just fudging horrible, and anyone who like's NFL isn't really going to be that likely to like Madonna. Think I made to the decision to give it a miss if it was half an hour, fudging mental.

My college roommate played rugby and I went to a few games. Had no idea what the hell was going on for that hour and a half, but that could also be attributed to the amount of alcohol I had consumed.

I wouldn't miss the half-time show if they were to throw it overboard. I can't imagine all those die-hard fans at the stadium enjoyed watching 40 oiled, muscular dudes in skimpy outfits marching and prancing around for half an hour. The panel screens they had around the stage had some cool effects, but what a complete waste it is.

If the pace of the game was a bit more hurried, I think I would watch it more. That is why I love watching 'football' (the game that's actually played with your feet); it's just continuous play for 45 minutes until someone gets injured, or feigns it. When someone stays down in the NFL, chances are he's not rolling around like an asshole but is actually injured (there's probably equal amounts of injury time between both sports despite one having a lot more contact).

If anyone on this board lives in London and like the NFL, the sports cafe in Piccadilly is a great place to watch the Super Bowl. I watched it there in 2009 and had a really good night.

The Super Bash is also worth going to if you can get tickets: http://www.nfluk.com/tickets-events/super-bash

I've watched the last 3 Super Bowls there and all have been a good night out. Especially this year as i got to see my favourite NFL team win!

Fantasy NFL Draft thread

Alright Folks,

Been a long old time, I just popped on to see if we were doing fantasy NFL again with the regular season quickly appoaching??

Jimmy

Alright Folks,

Been a long old time, I just popped on to see if we were doing fantasy NFL again with the regular season quickly appoaching??

Jimmy

I bloody hope so :)

I have seen Unknown lurking around a little but last year one of the other boys got it up and running for us. Lets set a date for the draft one week before the start of the season or something.

Why is it called the National Football League. From what I see they rarely kick it.

Wouldn't the National Throw Run and Smash League be more appropriate?

Why is it called the National Football League. From what I see they rarely kick it.

Wouldn't the National Throw Run and Smash League be more appropriate?

They kick it as much as in:

RFU Rugby Football Union

Aussie Rules Football ( although they kick it a fair bit in this )

They kick it as much as in:

RFU Rugby Football Union

Aussie Rules Football ( although they kick it a fair bit in this )

1862426-handegg.jpg

When I was a lad I used to know probably the top three stars in all the NFL teams and most of the players in 49ers, Bears, Raiders, Redskins etc... I couldn't tell you a single player in the NFL now... Don't think I'd be too good at this game!

Invites sent to last years entrants, they have till next Friday 24th to reply.

Open spots will then be offered to those on this thread from post 1.

Back