• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The NFL Thread

I'm a Ravens fan . As Brady said to the Ravens after the AFC championship game and their dodgy ineligible receiver tricks. "Study the rule book".

He should have taken his own advice. Pats broke the rules (again). Throw in that Brady lied about the whole thing, Pats culture and history of cheating, refusal to cooperate with the investigation and there is your ban.

Please, if you can.. Show where Brady lied.

And if you had looked at that website you would notice the culture of 'cheating' is with every NFL team.

But as you will look, which I find amazing is most teams get a slap on the wrist, yet the Patriots get the book thrown at them.

They say this punishment is for repeat offending, yet you could argue spy gate was there first offence, yet where was there slap on the wrist warning that website clearly shows others seem to get even though it's there second, third, fourth.. I think you get where I am going here.

Example being, as I didn't know that the Jets themselves were caught filming yet the ex Jets employee Goddell dropped it. As you say breaking rules is breaking rules. But going through that website it's clearly one punishment for the patriots and another for the other 31 teams.

I find this interesting, why are they singled out for harsher punishment. I think there is something in the hate towards Boston sports as a whole, particularly from the NY media which often drives America's media.

Last edited:
To me it is like refusing to take a breath analyzer test when you get pulled over on suspicion of DUI. Brady refused to turn over his texts that were sent to the equipment managers. Refusing to share your texts with equipment managers pretty much confirmed he was at least in on it. If you have a chance to clear your name right there are then, you take it. Besided, the NFL is a private company and have no burden of proof. In the common sense category, do you really think two nobodies would mess with Bradys footballs without explicit instructions to do so?

Just had time to look over the Ravens "cheating record". You have to admit that it's pretty laughable compared to Spygate and now Deflategate. I dont like the Pats because they constantly try to bend the rules, their coach and Brady being a cry baby..tuck rule comes to mind.

Last edited:
Yes he didn't hand over his mobile phone, and neither would have I. The texts from Tom Brady to these guys would have been on the locker room guys phones. At the point of Tom Brady spending the whole day being interviewed and answering every question (in the report, the report even states he was very cooperative also) during that interview and prior to it, the NFL was and still is going through a problem of unsolicitated leaks which seem to be finding there way to the New York media, would you want your intimate moments being looked at when such leaks were happening.

I must admit I did think you were also going to say that Brady said he never knew they guys when told the locker room guys names, well there is a reason, as Teddy Bruschi highlighted on ESPN highlight clip, none of the Patriots players know the locker guys by there actual names, they all have nicknames and he names one of the guys in the report as being known as chip.

So, my next point is why is this the point of blame, and if this is the point of blame 'for not cooperating' why is it then that during all these interviews going on Patriots kicker Stephen Gostowski was also called and also went through the same process as Brady.. he also did not hand over his mobile phone. So I ask, why is it bad and be damned if Brady doesn't hand over his mobile yet Gostowski isn't and was pretty much left out of the report. You cannot punish one, and not the other for the same crime. I think this will be a big part of the appeal. Although with some people there is over a hundred bones of contention that would get this report chucked out on the first day in a court.

The tuck rule has nothing to do with breaking or bending the rules, it was an legitimate ruling. I'd hazard a guess 90% of players would not of heard of it before that moment. You cannot castigate a team simply as they got lucky that a ruling existed. Its simply part of football.

Please comment on the Jets breaking the rules regarding spying with a camera yet Goddell saying oh well don't do it next time. Or why is it the Patriots get blasted but everyone else gets slaps on the wrist.

I find it all very odd.. and why I posted above likening the NFL and FIFA and how dodgy some of there actions are.

Last edited:
Yes he didn't hand over his mobile phone, and neither would have I. The texts from Tom Brady to these guys would have been on the locker room guys phones. At the point of Tom Brady spending the whole day being interviewed and answering every question (in the report, the report even states he was very cooperative also) during that interview and prior to it, the NFL was and still is going through a problem of unsolicitated leaks which seem to be finding there way to the New York media, would you want your intimate moments being looked at when such leaks were happening.

I must admit I did think you were also going to say that Brady said he never knew they guys when told the locker room guys names, well there is a reason, as Teddy Bruschi highlighted on ESPN highlight clip, none of the Patriots players know the locker guys by there actual names, they all have nicknames and he names one of the guys in the report as being known as chip.

So, my next point is why is this the point of blame, and if this is the point of blame 'for not cooperating' why is it then that during all these interviews going on Patriots kicker Stephen Gostowski was also called and also went through the same process as Brady.. he also did not hand over his mobile phone. So I ask, why is it bad and be damned if Brady doesn't hand over his mobile yet Gostowski isn't and was pretty much left out of the report. You cannot punish one, and not the other for the same crime. I think this will be a big part of the appeal. Although with some people there is over a hundred bones of contention that would get this report chucked out on the first day in a court.

The tuck rule has nothing to do with breaking or bending the rules, it was an legitimate ruling. I'd hazard a guess 90% of players would not of heard of it before that moment. You cannot castigate a team simply as they got lucky that a ruling existed. Its simply part of football.

Please comment on the Jets breaking the rules regarding spying with a camera yet Goddell saying oh well don't do it next time. Or why is it the Patriots get blasted but everyone else gets slaps on the wrist.

I find it all very odd.. and why I posted above likening the NFL and FIFA and how dodgy some of there actions are.

He didn't have to hand over his phone. He was asked for a printout of relevant communication which Brady refused (Wells came out with a statement after the report since he was attached by various people in the Pats organisation). Can you come up with any other explanation for that then that he was hiding something? The whole Wells report, they didn't give up any information. Why wouldn't you do that if you have nothing to hide, it just doesn't make any sense.

Brady is the signal caller and the face of the franchise, Gostowski got punished as a team I assume. I don't think he will win the appeal - will be interesting to see what happens.

Sorry my dislike for Pats took over when it comes to the tuck rule but it's funny how it came into effect during a Pats game.

Which Jets incident are you talking about, link?

Go to the yourteamcheats site and its under the Jets spy gate 2006. 10 months prior, the Jets were caught taping the Patriots, but simply no punishment.

Seems odd/unfair that they would penalise Brady based on a report that said he was "probably aware" of the deflating. They have previous of course, but you would think they would have to be 100% sure?

Also, he's got 4 games compared to the 2 Ray Rice got for assaulting his wife, someone explain that to me.

Go to the yourteamcheats site and its under the Jets spy gate 2006. 10 months prior, the Jets were caught taping the Patriots, but simply no punishment.

Yourteamcheats was created by a Pats fan and has the Patriots ranking around the 10th spot on this list, kind of says it all :). I can't find any legitimate articles about the Jets spy gate.

Seems odd/unfair that they would penalise Brady based on a report that said he was "probably aware" of the deflating. They have previous of course, but you would think they would have to be 100% sure?

Also, he's got 4 games compared to the 2 Ray Rice got for assaulting his wife, someone explain that to me.

Ray Rice incident had nothing to do with football and should have been handled by law enforcement, not NFL. Brady cheated to win a football game, that's the difference.

NFL screwed up giving him 2 games but rectified that later by suspending him further.

Ray Rice incident had nothing to do with football and should have been handled by law enforcement, not NFL. Brady cheated to win a football game, that's the difference.

NFL screwed up giving him 2 games but rectified that later by suspending him further.

The NFL have a personal conduct policy, granted the law should deal with incidents like that, but don't create a policy to try and enforce good standards and then do nothing when a player knocks his wife out in an elevator.

There is still no proof that Brady actually did anything IIRC, it's just conjecture "he may have been aware" etc.

The NFL have a personal conduct policy, granted the law should deal with incidents like that, but don't create a policy to try and enforce good standards and then do nothing when a player knocks his wife out in an elevator.

There is still no proof that Brady actually did anything IIRC, it's just conjecture "he may have been aware" etc.

Yup, they screwed up royally and tried to justify it with a suspension that followed to 2 game ban.

"May have been aware" based on evidence. So there is something there. Like i mentioned earlier in this thread, there is no way a qb is not aware that 2 of his staff members are tampering with the ball pressure before a playoff game.

OJ Simpson "probably" killed his wife too by the way.

Yup! I mean geno is a liability anyway, but he may have got better this season. But to get a broken Jaw from a team mate in pre-season over $600 is just incredible. That and Richardson getting banned for smoking weed and Allen going down with a season ending injury.

Should still have an amazing defence but we wont be able to score at all :(

Feel bad for Jordy Nelson, hope it's not a torn ACL. Ravens have 6 offensive linemen injured and got 2 more injuries vs Eagles on Sat. No excuses though, that's why you got to have a competitive squad.

Back