• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The next level. Lessons learnt?

The sheer jubilation on Poch's face.

That's not the face of a man who fudged of to Madrid and spent €400m on the most egotistical pricks he came across.

That's not the face of a man who's just taken over Chelsea and just won the Champions League, somehow, for only the second time despite the vast sums of money spent.

That's not the face of a man who's gone to Arsenal and taken them up, against all odds, to the dizzying heights of 5th place.

That's the face of a Yid. A yid who thought many trial and tribulation be fought before he have the right to celebrate with his backroom staff like that.

The face of a Yid, who uppon laying his eyes upon OUR stadium, felt there was everything he needed and more to reach this level on a half decade plan.

The face of a Yid, who, upon seeing 'To Dare Is To Do' laughs and replys ' To Dare Is To Do 100x fudging More Than Warranted'

The face of a Yid, who knows its better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low. And isn't ashamed of the underdog credentials that put him there in the first place.

The face of a Yid who may well be set on withdrawing all his money from his account for a mad one. Only to be told it's a contactless stadium, as Levy - the evil bastard - laughs in his lair that looks deceptively like an insane asylum with bank notes padding the walls - charging an extra quid for every pint pulled.

How can you be drunk and type all that?

Finally come down just a little bit into the real world. F**k me.

On the serious side. We were ridiculous in a lot of ways. I’m sure Poch said “Keep it tight for 20 mins and weather the storm” and we handed them a goal within 4 mins. Then chaos. Ridiculously immature performance. This isn’t how you play in Europe but I guess this is some of the beauty of being a Spurs fan because that was far more euphoric than a 0-0 draw. I will give us a pass on some of it with the line up City had and the fact we really were down to the bare bones. And we showed a lot of character to get the third. Thought we managed the last 15 well too with the exception of Eriksen’s pass.

Trippier isn’t good enough. That can’t be argued. How he defended the first goal was gutless and brainless. Rose lost his head for the first 20 mins. Reminded me a bit of Gazza in the 91 cup final. In midfield, we were light but we’re down to nothing.

Rio said Hugo should have been better positioned for the third and I agree. He could have gotten the cross if he came off his line. Would give him a pass on the fourth. The pace beat him, similar to Aguero’s goal v Liverpool. Harsh to blame the ‘keeper for those but they’ll always be a victim of the near post cliché.

But for all that, what a night. I can’t even begin to express the emotions. Good luck to Poch bringing the players down after that for the weekend.

Finally come down just a little bit into the real world. F**k me.

On the serious side. We were ridiculous in a lot of ways. I’m sure Poch said “Keep it tight for 20 mins and weather the storm” and we handed them a goal within 4 mins. Then chaos. Ridiculously immature performance. This isn’t how you play in Europe but I guess this is some of the beauty of being a Spurs fan because that was far more euphoric than a 0-0 draw. I will give us a pass on some of it with the line up City had and the fact we really were down to the bare bones. And we showed a lot of character to get the third. Thought we managed the last 15 well too with the exception of Eriksen’s pass.

Trippier isn’t good enough. That can’t be argued. How he defended the first goal was gutless and brainless. Rose lost his head for the first 20 mins. Reminded me a bit of Gazza in the 91 cup final. In midfield, we were light but we’re down to nothing.

Rio said Hugo should have been better positioned for the third and I agree. He could have gotten the cross if he came off his line. Would give him a pass on the fourth. The pace beat him, similar to Aguero’s goal v Liverpool. Harsh to blame the ‘keeper for those but they’ll always be a victim of the near post cliché.

But for all that, what a night. I can’t even begin to express the emotions. Good luck to Poch bringing the players down after that for the weekend.

Funny, people commenting on Trippier, Lloris, Eriksen, Dele not having great nights at same time of how great Sterling, Aquero, KDB were completely miss the point.

Spurs the collective beat City the collective exactly because of the players, when it mattered we kept our head (first game and even after falling behind) and they didn't (first game and conceding that 2 goals in first 10 minutes).

I'm going to say it again, City were denied an away goal and conceded 3 at home, I really don't give a fudge how you analyze that, a side cannot do that an expect to win.

When you add in our injuries, the fact that the home leg was the second time we had played in our stadium and the supposed gulf of quality between the sides, well done to every Spurs player, that was not "lucky", it was hard fudging work and we got there ...

Funny, people commenting on Trippier, Lloris, Eriksen, Dele not having great nights at same time of how great Sterling, Aquero, KDB were completely miss the point.

Spurs the collective beat City the collective exactly because of the players, when it mattered we kept our head (first game and even after falling behind) and they didn't (first game and conceding that 2 goals in first 10 minutes).

I'm going to say it again, City were denied an away goal and conceded 3 at home, I really don't give a fudge how you analyze that, a side cannot do that an expect to win.

When you add in our injuries, the fact that the home leg was the second time we had played in our stadium and the supposed gulf of quality between the sides, well done to every Spurs player, that was not "lucky", it was hard fudging work and we got there ...

I don’t disagree with much of that to be honest but I thought Pep helped us the way he set his teams up over the two legs. Bizarre stuff where I think he was trying to be too clever.

I’m super proud of our lads and our manager. What we did over the last week is off the charts. Last night was one of my greatest nights as a fan. It was certainly an emotional rollercoaster like I’ve never felt before and that’s what I watch football for.

But if you’re looking to improve, we’ve got to find a way to slow games down and you can’t defend like Trippier did for the first goal. There are improvements to be made and we can do things better.

Doesn’t take away from a monumental achievement though.

I don’t disagree with much of that to be honest but I thought Pep helped us the way he set his teams up over the two legs. Bizarre stuff where I think he was trying to be too clever.

I’m super proud of our lads and our manager. What we did over the last week is off the charts. Last night was one of my greatest nights as a fan. It was certainly an emotional rollercoaster like I’ve never felt before and that’s what I watch football for.

But if you’re looking to improve, we’ve got to find a way to slow games down and you can’t defend like Trippier did for the first goal. There are improvements to be made and we can do things better.

Doesn’t take away from a monumental achievement though.

No question, this team needs work (FBs, CM, bench) to progress to another level (really challenge for PL)

That said, not today … today is for enjoying our moment

No question, this team needs work (FBs, CM, bench) to progress to another level (really challenge for PL)

That said, not today … today is for enjoying our moment

Its easier to fix an obvious issue, RB and CM are obvious issues

RB as Trippier isnt good enough and is out of form. You have to give him protection, that means sissoko or last night losing eriksen or a wide man to back him up
CM as we havent got the numbers in there, Wanyama both added 5mil to his price for Everton and also showed his injuries make his ceiling is mid-table now

It's always easy to pick on individual players for poor moments in a game. Without doubt Trippier is not good enough at RB and Emirates Marketing Project exploited that twice. But he later made a last ditch tackle that saved a definite goal and it was his corner that led to llorente's goal. Eriksen gave away the ball stupidly at the end which could have cost us. Yet he also played some lovely passes and was an offensive threat to city throughout. He also worked his arse off.

I don't like to be too hard on individuals. We are not City with world class players in every position but our collective spirit is as good as any team in Europe.

We do need to work on our concentration in big games though. We give away too many silly chances.

As an aside, it felt great to stick it to the City fans "oleing" their players a little to early.

Agreed. We drew that second half one one. After a chaotic first half we did manage to tighten up. Yes City had chances, but we were a better touch from Son away from him being clean in on goal, we had the header from Llorente and the shot from Eriksen. Even though City put us under pressure and Hugo made a couple good saves we weren't outplayed. Without Kane, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela and Dier. Without any further midfield or attacking options on the bench after Llorente came on.

Margins did go our way, that can be called luck. We needed those margins up against a fantastic side. But we stood our ground and got through.

The starting post got changed, but those sentiments seem to exist. For me one of the reasons why we're here is because of performances of players that wouldn't even be at the club or in the team/squad had we spent a lot of money. Pochettino has trusted those players to improve and perform, I think he's been right to.

It's always easy to pick on individual players for poor moments in a game. Without doubt Trippier is not good enough at RB and Emirates Marketing Project exploited that twice. But he later made a last ditch tackle that saved a definite goal and it was his corner that led to llorente's goal. Eriksen gave away the ball stupidly at the end which could have cost us. Yet he also played some lovely passes and was an offensive threat to city throughout. He also worked his arse off.

I don't like to be too hard on individuals. We are not City with world class players in every position but our collective spirit is as good as any team in Europe.

Agree, and similar to @braineclipse

- There were many points in that game where players could have said "we gave it our best, we accounted for ourselves over two legs but City is better and we'll take a good effort lost"

We fudging didn't, maybe not the best technical, tactical or best individual performances but we refused to roll over, we refused to not threaten them to not try for every ball and that is what carried us.

I believe we are on the right track by gradually improving both on and off the pitch, we cannot compete with the big money boys in our league or europe right now but if we keep the momentum going we will, I really dislike the "lesson learnt" phrase as is the hackneyed cliche rolled out by government and large institutions when they have fudged up and are trying to placate any criticism.

Agree, and similar to @braineclipse

- There were many points in that game where players could have said "we gave it our best, we accounted for ourselves over two legs but City is better and we'll take a good effort lost"

We fudging didn't, maybe not the best technical, tactical or best individual performances but we refused to roll over, we refused to not threaten them to not try for every ball and that is what carried us.

You know, at 4-2 down, I did sort of think to myself "ah we've given it a good rattle, we haven't embarrassed ourselves and a lot of good sides have lost to City and a lot of good sides are out of the CL". The "bottling" comments at the time on here were really winding me up because I didn't think we bottled it at all.

And then, against all odds and logic, we fought and got a goal. Shows that this team have a better mentality than fans like me I guess :) Poch might have been on to something when he questioned how us supporters always look at the glass as being half empty.

Back