• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The New Next New Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still loads of Conte talk. Does he fit the attacking philosophy comments? I know he’s won a lot but not entirely sure in what fashion.

Trophies at all cost?

Another placeholder while we wait for Poch?

Find someone up and coming who plays nice football?

There is no place holder for Poch we cannot just wait out for this to happen.

Get Conte in and back him to the hilt.

What are you concerns with Conceição? Just lack of proven results in a big league?

That I don't know on what basis we'd be approaching him. The other 4 have each a reason why they could work. Conceição would be a Gallardo type appointment with less pedigree. For me it's either a Conte (winner, madman, will call out the brick) or a Ten Hag/Potter (organic growth, lemons etc). Either option as fans you can buy into and see a vision whether that is short or long term. I don't know what sort of statement taking a punt on someone who might come good says. Might as well take a punt on Potter who might come good, but has shown that he has something that can work in this league.

What would it cost, transfer wise, to convince Conte? For the 3-5-2 he played at Inter we'd need another decent CB, a box-to-box ball playing CM like Barella plays and a back-up for Harry. £120m (£50m + £50m + £20m)?

We have the front 2 for his formation, we have wingbacks and have a DM. Plus Romero and Dier and AN Other would work for a back 3 with Tanganga, Sanchez and Rodon as back-ups

I guess TBC whether Ndombele or GLC could play in the Eriksen midfield role

Can we start versioning this thread as it seems to come up soon enough. Maybe take a leaf from Covid.... Spurs Manager Search or SMS-21 :)

Anyway what do you guys think of Koeman? Not a great track record but the timing cannot be ignored.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

What would it cost, transfer wise, to convince Conte? For the 3-5-2 he played at Inter we'd need another decent CB, a box-to-box ball playing CM like Barella plays and a back-up for Harry. £120m (£50m + £50m + £20m)?

Doesnt seem out of the ordinary to have a manager spend that much these days .... providing it is the players he wanted and not some value shop at Lidl

There is no better manager out there that can get this mob from boardroom to pitch sorted ... Conte needs to be employed and given a voice.
I want Conte because:

Most important the players wouldn’t get away with the nonsense they have been

He won’t come if there aren’t guarantees about investment

He is best suited to get us back up to the top 4, even if he won’t hang around too long it’s important we get back up there ASAP then we can think about project manager next…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back