• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
So we have to play with 2 keepers and 3/5 defenders to get something out of Giovani; the problem in being stuck in numbers and formations and seing it black and white.

No, we have to play him as an inside forward in a 4-3-3. To switch to that formation in the Premiership is risky enough, but other players would have to be sacrificed. For example:

VDV - Best position is a deep lying forward. His second best position is wide right inside forward (the same as GDS). There is no place in the team for a deep lying forward in a 4-3-3. So basically if GDS gets the nod, VDV gets benched or sold.
Bale - Better coming from deep in a traditional 4-4-x system. He would keep his place in a 4-3-3 but would have to be moved to left back.
Lennon - No place for him at all.
Central midfield - we'd need to buy a Lampard style midfielder (although arguably Jenas could be recalled into the team to perform that function) to make it work. Modric sits too deep to perform it, as does Huddlestone. Parker/Sandro don't have the skillset to perform it.
Left inside forward - We'd need to buy one. Ironically, Kranky would be decent in this role if he stayed. It's probably his best position.

[h=1]Spanish football in shock as new Villarreal boss dies of heart attack on day before unveiling[/h]
By Sportsmail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 07:37 GMT, 7 June 2012 | UPDATED: 07:58 GMT, 7 June 2012

Manolo Preciado, who was due to be unveiled as new Villarreal manager on Friday, has died of a heart attack.

The 54-year-old Spaniard left relegated Sporting Gijon this summer and was due to take charge of their former La Liga rivals.
Villarreal only announced on Wednesday that they had reached an agreement with Preciado to take charge of the club next season. He was due to be officially unveiled to the media on Friday.

article-2155743-137D226E000005DC-289_468x321.jpg
Tragedy: Manolo Preciado was due to take charge of Villarreal

Spanish newspaper Marca report that he was suffering from a virus before he passed away in the early hours of Thursday morning.
A statement on Villarreal's website read: 'Coach Manuel Preciado died early this morning in Valencia and as a result of a heart attack.

'Villarreal wants to show its deep regret at the sad loss and wants to show their condolences to his family and all his relatives.'
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas was one of many players to post their condolences on Twitter. He wrote: 'I cannot believe the news when I woke up. From here my most sincere hug to all the family of Manolo Preciado.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ttack-Villarreal-unveiling.html#ixzz1x5uN9FuZ

Congratulations on USA beating Antigua 3-1 lol genuinely surprised we didn't have an official thread for the game? Maybe something to do with score line anwway USA USA USA!

I guess most of us will be watching the Euro's but tonight on ESPN it may be worth recording Brazil v Argentina on ESPN at 19:45 tonight.

Also I'm not sure, I'm in hope though but after there is a Brazil League game... Flamengo vs Cortiiba which seems out of left field, maybbe they have the Brazil league now.

We haven't give him a chance, at all.

He's played in a few games. More than enough to prove himself. He has never shown any glimpses of anything to me. Some people tossed themselves stupid over some very average Europa League performances early last season, but that was more down to them looking through rose tinted goggles and only focusing on any thing decent he did (whilst ignoring the myriad of mistakes and brick play).

GDS is the new Taarabt. We'll see if he proves us wrong by going on somewhere else and becoming world class. I got personally abused on this forum for saying Taarabt wasn't ever going to be world class, and I am more than happy to stick my neck out here too and say GDS will never be of the quality we require.

These obsessions with what could have been rather than what actually was.

Nail on head. But even then it's perception of what fans THINK could have been rather than the reality of the situation. It's the argument I tire most of, the one where clubs are accused to wasting talent or ruining players. It's absolute gonad*s.

He's played in a few games. More than enough to prove himself. He has never shown any glimpses of anything to me. Some people tossed themselves stupid over some very average Europa League performances early last season, but that was more down to them looking through rose tinted goggles and only focusing on any thing decent he did (whilst ignoring the myriad of mistakes and brick play).

GDS is the new Taarabt. We'll see if he proves us wrong by going on somewhere else and becoming world class. I got personally abused on this forum for saying Taarabt wasn't ever going to be world class, and I am more than happy to stick my neck out here too and say GDS will never be of the quality we require.

Yeah a few games HERE and THERE. In most of those games he's either impressed, assisted or scored, only to then follow up with either a substitute spot or not in the squad at all, brilliant for confidence I imagine.

Yeah a few games HERE and THERE. In most of those games he's either impressed, assisted or scored, only to then follow up with either a substitute spot or not in the squad at all, brilliant for confidence I imagine.

And who would you have dropped to accomodate him, considering he can only play well in the right inside forward position of a 4-3-3? VDV and Lennon would have to go for a start, Bale would have to be moved to left back. Do you think GDS is THAT good that we should re-arrange our entire side for him? Get real.

If he stays for next season I'd like him to start all the europa and carling cup games, as well as early rounds of the FA cup.

In prem games where we're cruising (it does happen..) I'd like him to get more than a 5 mins cameo.

If we sell him I hope it's after a very good Olympic campaign and we get lots and lots of money.

And who would you have dropped to accomodate him, considering he can only play well in the right inside forward position of a 4-3-3? VDV and Lennon would have to go for a start, Bale would have to be moved to left back. Do you think GDS is THAT good that we should re-arrange our entire side for him? Get real.

If he was good enough, someone else would be on the bench and we'd hear the same moaning over that.

I guess most of us will be watching the Euro's but tonight on ESPN it may be worth recording Brazil v Argentina on ESPN at 19:45 tonight.

Also I'm not sure, I'm in hope though but after there is a Brazil League game... Flamengo vs Cortiiba which seems out of left field, maybbe they have the Brazil league now.

I find this link very useful with upcoming ESPN fixtures; http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/live-fixtures-on-espn

It does list a few brazilian league games.

Sunday 10th - Brazilian Serie A - Gremio v Corinthians - 9:00pm

Sunday 17th - Brazilian Serie A - Flamengo v Santos - 8:00pm

Sunday 24th - Brazilain Serie A - Corinthians v Palmeiras - 8:00pm

Back