• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Liverpool really are p**s poor *rofl*

I wonder if their fans really know what catastrophic spending their hero has overseen this past year. Or are they really saying Downing, Henderson and Carroll are WORTH over ?ú70m?!?!?!?!?!

:D

I fancy us to finish above them.

:D

I fancy us to finish above them.

I sincerely hope you do. And Stoke, well maybe not Stoke, but Everton and Villa are so brick at the moment. To see the dippers drop a place from last season would be hilarious.

Cant see Wigan getting anything tomorrow night. So by next Sunday night we will know if we are in a title race or going to start looking over our shoulder. Defeat at Etihad and there's no way we could overturn an 8 pt deficit, 5 points behind after a draw would be tough enough.
The downside of playing mostly lower teams at home for the remainder of the season is we are going to have more games like yesterday to endure.
I can us dropping points maybe one more time again in a similar type game, coupled with the tough away games we have, I think we have to be realisitic and look to finishing a creditable 3rd.

Good chance for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to go above the racists, score 5 and they will go above Arsenal for a couple of hours

Good chance for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to go above the racists, score 5 and they will go above Arsenal for a couple of hours

I think QPR could get something today actually. Sparkys first game in charge. Had Warnock still been there, I could have seen Toon getting 5, i'm going for the draw...although I'd love to be wrong and see home wins in BOTH PL games this afternoon!

SSN. No away team has scored twice at Swansea in the PL this season.......thats blown it now! Cue a RVP goalfest

Am reading some comments on RAWK, some very amusing comments, most of them think they are nailed on for 4th, maybe even 3rd !!!!

Kenny is under pressure. It's unlikely we'll play CL next season if this way of play continues, we need to spend and spend big

People will laugh me out of the room but Nabil El Zhar used to give us more of an edge and effectiveness when he used to come on at the end of games than Downing does now.

Time after time this season I've watched a heap of brick performance and result at Anfield but somehow we are still right in the mix. This season has to be an excellent opportunity with Chelsea and Arsenal showing weaknesses

i dont trust Kenny with any transfer money

Very surprised by the overall mood in the pub afters, but it's worse here, perhaps unsurprisingly.
1. I don't understand anyone who even mentions the face rubber in the same breath as KK. They cannot be fans of this club.
2. I don't understand the lack of respect, patience or faith in the current regime.
3. I don't understand the lack of understanding of the bigger picture.
4. We were brick today. There have not been many days this season we can say that.
5. We are very close to winning our first trophy in several years. I don't understand how this isn't an overall sign of progress

End of the day Kenny got it wrong. You can call it why you want. 3-6-1, 5-4-1 3-4-2-1, 5-3-1-1...the formation and the team didn't work. Kenny should be blamed and rightly so. It was a mess. We were brick. I didn't expect anything different though when I seen the team. Kuyt up front by himself? He hasn't even scored a goal his season. He's finished. It says I all when Kenny has spent ?ú35 million on a striker and he prefers Kuyt upfront. By himself.
All the super fans can defend the team and the manager but long term Kenny isn't the man to take us forward. We finished 6th last season on a wave of optimism that Kenny created. We've now gone sale again. The players look confused, the fans even more so. Today was desperate. I wouldn't trust Kenny with another ?ú100 let alone ?ú100million. He's got shut of Meireles, Aquliani and Cole for Downing, Adam and Henderson at a cost of ?ú45million or so. He's replaced Torres with Carroll and Kyrigakos for Coates. Are we any better? Not really. We look painfully short of ideas and invention. We've won 3 home game this season and we're in January. Bolton have scored more goals than us.
I could go but its boring. Today was a slap in the face to the fans who turned up in the freezing cold to support the team and were subject to an abject performance and a bizzare team selection with players who didn't know what they were doing.
Kenny is a legend and he's restored us back to our pre-hodgson level. He wont take us much further, I fear

Had Liverpool-Stoke on the telly here in Denmark yesterday and Liverpool were absolutely dogbrick.

Kenny goes with 5 defenders in the lineup at home against the mighty Stoke - wonder what the reaction had been if Woy had done that during his time there?

The great thing is; Kenny has so much credit among the owners and is seen as a hero among the fans that I can just not see him getting sacked - when he leaves, it will be his decision.

And look at their signings - Adam, Downing and Henderson. Thought to myself yesterday, how many of those would make the Spurs lineup?
Came to the answer, that only Downing would make the bench as a backup to Bale.

Henderson and Adam - are they really top 4 players? let alone top 6 players?. I really dont think so

Ben Arfa dropped. :mad:

Pardew is an idiot. Ben Arfa must be shagging his wife or something, can't see Ben Arfa putting up with this brick much longer.

Back